Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Late Bloomer

Scholar
It's fun. If you go in looking to criticize, you will find more than enough. If you go in looking for a easy to play (meaning the skills, gear descriptions, ui, etc) ARPG that has a lot of content, then you can get a lot more than a few hours out of it. The fact you are asking means you are between games, so why the heck not? Although, if you havent played Grim Dawn yet, the Stream Summer Sale starts on the 29th of this month.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured as much. It's not like Diablo 2 is high-brow gameplay anyway.

Unfortunately I have found out that D2R apparently has protections against letting you speed hack the game with cheat engine. Anyone know a way to accomplish this for single player? I find a 1.25-1.4xish speed increase for aRPGs to be optimal most of the time.

Yeah, I've played Grim Dawn to death. Well, not at much as Diablo 1/2, but that's because a Grim Dawn is like 3x as long to fully complete a single difficulty as it takes to finish Hell in Diablo 2.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
D2R is on sale again.
And you didn’t link so bliz can wink at you. Shame!

Here! Have a hobbit Whore….
Diqjdke.jpg

I’ll keep pimping the furless foot freak until I get the rest of the dice set.

Edit… so this
Diablo® II: Resurrected™
Diablo® III
Diablo® III: Reaper of Souls™ expansion
Diablo® III: Rise of the Necromancer pack
Mephisto pet for Diablo® III
Hatred’s Grasp wings for Diablo® III

For $20?

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pr...ackingId=ce6fd1d1-235a-4513-ba02-63eaae85b28a

That’s a fuck ton better than the $60 I paid them refunded. $20 is about acceptable (except I have no internet but at least I’d own it for the future…. Hmmmmm….)

Last edited:
Me: "I'm going to try a new build rather than just play the same characters I've done a dozen times"

20 mins into my first game on Remastered as an Assassin, I find a 2 socket white preserved head with +3 raise skeleton +1 skeleton mastery.

What can I say other than that this is proof that we are slaves to fate...

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I got this game for cheap and have to say, damn it looks really good. The art team knew what they were doing - I hope the art director got a raise out of this.

Anyway. I always was just a very casual DII guy. This time now I started with a sorc (never played her before) - got up to level 75 spamming Nova. Now I am in Hell difficulty and basically everyone is immune against me and my merc dies by just looking at him, lol. Any advice what to do now? I should probably respec to some other magic element, but doesn't that cripple my dmg output majorly? Some help would be appreciated, I really like this remastered version and want to play it "serious" (endgame, up to lvl 99 etc) for the first time.

DonGabo

Novice
I got this game for cheap and have to say, damn it looks really good. The art team knew what they were doing - I hope the art director got a raise out of this.

Anyway. I always was just a very casual DII guy. This time now I started with a sorc (never played her before) - got up to level 75 spamming Nova. Now I am in Hell difficulty and basically everyone is immune against me and my merc dies by just looking at him, lol. Any advice what to do now? I should probably respec to some other magic element, but doesn't that cripple my dmg output majorly? Some help would be appreciated, I really like this remastered version and want to play it "serious" (endgame, up to lvl 99 etc) for the first time.
Run from anything you can't kill.
Running/teleporting away also resets positioning, so your merc doesn't die in a second. Needed to divide and conquer packs.
Steal life equipment is good on him (amn runes, 7% on weapons), if you can't keep him alive by running and potions.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz

Running/teleporting away also resets positioning, so your merc doesn't die in a second. Needed to divide and conquer packs.
Steal life equipment is good on him (amn runes, 7% on weapons), if you can't keep him alive by running and potions.

So since I don't get any XP at all at the moment, really just rush until I get a dungeon that doesn't have lightning immunity and then get more xp? I maxed out all relevant lightning skills and spend the rest of the points in fire mastery and hydra. Is running from mobs the MO of the hell difficulty?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
got up to level 75 spamming Nova. Now I am in Hell difficulty and basically everyone is immune against me

Respec into a hybrid build, or try to grind for one of these:

my-first-sunder-charm-v0-2mdylrukzvia1.png

this kind of dumbing down is what ruined Ressurected for me

back in the day yall had to be more creative with imunes. Baranar's star with lower resist wand on switch? Merc with -res? Rainbow facets? This literally decided ur build and moved it in interesting directions to adapt. now any fucking idiot can put this charm in their inventory and break immunities.

Perkel

Arcane
got up to level 75 spamming Nova. Now I am in Hell difficulty and basically everyone is immune against me

this kind of dumbing down is what ruined Ressurected for me

back in the day yall had to be more creative with imunes. Baranar's star with lower resist wand on switch? Merc with -res? Rainbow facets? This literally decided ur build and moved it in interesting directions to adapt. now any fucking idiot can put this charm in their inventory and break immunities.

Back in the day there were no immunities. They were added with some patch after release.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

So since I don't get any XP at all at the moment, really just rush until I get a dungeon that doesn't have lightning immunity and then get more xp? I maxed out all relevant lightning skills and spend the rest of the points in fire mastery and hydra. Is running from mobs the MO of the hell difficulty?

tele past immunes, finish hell and do terrorized hell zone's for the sundered charm

ArchAngel

Arcane

tele past immunes, finish hell and do terrorized hell zone's for the sundered charm
Problem with this idea is that once you finished why do you need that charm? Grinding to 100 in D2 is boring

zerotol

Arcane
Patron

Problem with this idea is that once you finished why do you need that charm? Grinding to 100 in D2 is boring
Ubers ? Getting even better gear.

Grinding to 100 is pointless imo

UglyBastard

Arcane

Is Fire/Hydra good for this one? I seem to lack DPS on the hydras :/

Best element is ice (because of the brokenness of the cold mastery skill), best for playing through the game is ice/fire hybrid IMO.
I make a Hyra/Frozen Orb sorc every almost every ladder reset to beat the game solo. Frozen Orb is your main attack and does decent damage throughout the game, you can also shoot it and then run, which is helpful for survival. Blizzard is better damage wise than Frozen Orb but more point hungry, so not as great as a hybrid build.
Hydra is decent for fire. Fireball is the best alternative, but it's also Hydra synergy, so I usually start as Fireball sorc until 30, then switch to Frozen Orb and when that is maxed I put my stuff into Hydra. Don't forget to put 1 point into Static Field and Teleport.

Playstyle is as following:
You kill everything not cold immune with Orb no problem and run/teleport past the rest. If there is a cold immune monster that NEEDS to be killed (e.g. act 3 council, act 4 sigil bosses, ancients), use Static Field+Hydra for it. If it is cold/fire immune, restart the game. Your Hydra in the hybrid build is not good enough to efficiently farm stuff, it's just to kill things that MUST be killed.
As a sorc, Hell mode is mostly skipping shit with Teleport to get to the good spots and just kill the stuff that is really good or necessary. Don't farm random ass backwater dungeons. Just teleport to the act boss and move on.

Lightning is also very powerful, but only with GG gear. You need specific resistance pierce equipment, which is extraordinarily rare/expensive. Sunder charm can help together with cheaper pierce gear like Crescent Moon runeword. Resistances pierced by sunder charm are still 95%, so you need other -res pieces to make it worthwhile or it will still take years to off those mobs. Don't play lightning without at least adequate gear.

Best course of action after beating the game is respeccing into full Blizzard and use the char to farm Andariel/Mephisto/terror zones to aquire better gear for your char roster. Blizzard is also a good general farmer with sunder charm because of the frost mastery. It is only 20% effective against formerly immune mobs, but that's enough paired with the brutal Blizzard damage to maintain a tolerable killspeed in endgame zones (Chaos Sanctuary, Throne of Destruction, terror zones).

Gamezor

Learned
You should look up guides and then find good grinding spots for your build. Hell difficulty is really hard. I think I used either icy veins or wowhead. You are probably going to be killing nm and hell meph like 10000 times to gear up to even survive.

Gamezor

Learned

Is Fire/Hydra good for this one? I seem to lack DPS on the hydras :/

Best element is ice (because of the brokenness of the cold mastery skill), best for playing through the game is ice/fire hybrid IMO.
I make a Hyra/Frozen Orb sorc every almost every ladder reset to beat the game solo. Frozen Orb is your main attack and does decent damage throughout the game, you can also shoot it and then run, which is helpful for survival. Blizzard is better damage wise than Frozen Orb but more point hungry, so not as great as a hybrid build.
Hydra is decent for fire. Fireball is the best alternative, but it's also Hydra synergy, so I usually start as Fireball sorc until 30, then switch to Frozen Orb and when that is maxed I put my stuff into Hydra. Don't forget to put 1 point into Static Field and Teleport.

Playstyle is as following:
You kill everything not cold immune with Orb no problem and run/teleport past the rest. If there is a cold immune monster that NEEDS to be killed (e.g. act 3 council, act 4 sigil bosses, ancients), use Static Field+Hydra for it. If it is cold/fire immune, restart the game. Your Hydra in the hybrid build is not good enough to efficiently farm stuff, it's just to kill things that MUST be killed.
As a sorc, Hell mode is mostly skipping shit with Teleport to get to the good spots and just kill the stuff that is really good or necessary. Don't farm random ass backwater dungeons. Just teleport to the act boss and move on.

Lightning is also very powerful, but only with GG gear. You need specific resistance pierce equipment, which is extraordinarily rare/expensive. Sunder charm can help together with cheaper pierce gear like Crescent Moon runeword. Resistances pierced by sunder charm are still 95%, so you need other -res pieces to make it worthwhile or it will still take years to off those mobs. Don't play lightning without at least adequate gear.

Best course of action after beating the game is respeccing into full Blizzard and use the char to farm Andariel/Mephisto/terror zones to aquire better gear for your char roster. Blizzard is also a good general farmer with sunder charm because of the frost mastery. It is only 20% effective against formerly immune mobs, but that's enough paired with the brutal Blizzard damage to maintain a tolerable killspeed in endgame zones (Chaos Sanctuary, Throne of Destruction, terror zones).
I second the frozen orb hydra build.

I think Mephisto specifically is good to farm for a Hydra sorc. I've never tried one, just what I heard. Although getting past the Council in Hell can be a real wall, especially if you're already having trouble with immunities.

My go-to farm spot when first getting to Hell is just to run the Countess over and over, granted with my season starter Trapsin. Granted it's not as an attractive farming spot if you're not playing at a season start and can't trade her keys. The Pit is always a good choice though, as long as you're mindful of the archers if you're still squishy and teleport past the immunes.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
with terror zones you can easily farm up a storm in nightmare to gear up for hell.

Terror zones makes the creatures a max of around level 70 at which point they can easily drop all the good stuff

I've never understood the point of a "season" in terms of how D2 and clones define it. Normally games with a "season" involve some kind of structured content release but here they are just resetting all your characters? Grinding in these games are bad enough, do people actually want to do it over and over with their characters constantly being reset? OK so like 5 people in the world give a shit enough and have no life in order to farm 24/7 with sorceress to be the "first" level 99 in a 23 year old game, but what's the point for everyone else?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom