Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Perkel

Arcane
Those were like handful
isn't that the point of UNIQUES? unique named items found in the designated area. they shouldn't drop like candies from random mobs.

Eh its tiring to talk if you don't understand main point. There are HANFUL Literally one hand count of uniques that do something other than +5 to strength they are not a factor in itemization. They don't matter at all.

The original point is still that D1 has better looting than D2 even despite D2 having really good looting mechanic. D1 has better looting mechanic than game that has proper uniques and set items and in general more loot.

Gregz

Arcane
I'll say one good thing about this remaster though, modding is much easier

I've heard the opposite. Seasoned modders, like Brother Laz, complained vocally about how shitty the mod support is in D2R. And I don't mean a lack of tools; I mean finicky shitty coding with poor modularity.

For instance, if you try to modify an oskill, you will break controller support.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'll say one good thing about this remaster though, modding is much easier

I've heard the opposite. Seasoned modders, like Brother Laz, complained vocally about how shitty the mod support is in D2R. And I don't mean a lack of tools; I mean finicky shitty coding with poor modularity.

For instance, if you try to modify an oskill, you will break controller support.

Got some quotes? I am genuinely interested to hear his opinion

What I see is a ton of mods published daily on Nexus, people are changing entire classes, skins, animations, monsters...

Last edited:
FUCKING DO NOT BOTHER WITH BLIZZARD & THEIR SHITTY GAMES!!! EVERY ASPECT IS FUCKING CRAP!!!
Imagine only figuring this out in 2022 :lol:

Eh its tiring to talk if you don't understand main point. There are HANFUL Literally one hand count of uniques that do something other than +5 to strength they are not a factor in itemization. They don't matter at all.

The original point is still that D1 has better looting than D2 even despite D2 having really good looting mechanic. D1 has better looting mechanic than game that has proper uniques and set items and in general more loot.
The looting is not the reason D1 is better than D2.

I don't like D2 but Set Items, more meaningful uniques, much more item combinations, transmutes, runes, more equip slots, individual class-restricted items, and a bunch of other factors make the looting in D2 much, much better than D1.

The problem with D2 has to do with the progression, the lack of endgame, the lack of consequences for death, and how the entire game is basically set up to be a neverending item grinding simulator, rather than a complete experience like D1 with a start, middle and end. D1 is a game you can play from start to finish with 1 character in a meaningful way in singleplayer, because you have to actually get good in order to beat it. D2 singleplayer just feels like a cut-down less-good version of D2 multiplayer, where death simply means losing gold (not even, if you put it in your stash), and the game revolves around constantly chasing the next item.

D2 sucks, but this criticism is just dumb.

Last edited:

racofer

Thread Incliner
D2 falls apart once one realizes that its endgame is simply a fancy slot machine. The same applies to D3.

And nowadays even D2's multiplayer is insignificant as it exists only to enable trading, since everyone plays solo most of the time anyway.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
D2 falls apart once one realizes that its endgame is simply a fancy slot machine. The same applies to D3.

And nowadays even D2's multiplayer is insignificant as it exists only to enable trading, since everyone plays solo most of the time anyway.
For MP Coop D2 is the way to go.

While D1 is the better game the decision to have friendly fire in it makes playing cooperatively not worth it especially when one is a Warrior and the other(s) is a Rogue or Sorc. Chain Lighting is so broken.

I really wonder why there never has been a D1 clone, the formula can undeniably be enhanced and expanded as it's great but only starting with 2 got it copied. It's annoying, really.

I really wonder why there never has been a D1 clone, the formula can undeniably be enhanced and expanded as it's great but only starting with 2 got it copied. It's annoying, really.

I'm working on something like this. No you can't know more details. But it's a D1 style dungeon crawler with some elements from Torchlight and PoE mixed in, but without the D2 item-grind aspects, which similarly annoys me. So many games are clones of D2 and yet almost nothing has copied D1.

Im again advertising for project diablo 2 wonderful mod

https://www.projectdiablo2.com/

new season just started yesterday (crafting league) without uniques or runewords

PD2 is undeniably a good way to play D2, but one of the issues is that a lot of it is focused on end-game grinding content - maps, lvl 90+ areas, etc. Virtually nothing is really changed for the majority of the actual game except the skill rebalances and a few other things. It's a shame because most of my D2 play is hardcore runs. While PD2 does fix many issues with the game, the core issues that make it unfun are all still there. I guess it's not really PD2's job to significantly change the gameplay, but it would be nice to make D2 actually fun to play before the endgame.

For MP Coop D2 is the way to go.

While D1 is the better game the decision to have friendly fire in it makes playing cooperatively not worth it especially when one is a Warrior and the other(s) is a Rogue or Sorc. Chain Lighting is so broken.

It might be worth making a feature request on the DevilutionX github to disable friendly fire in MP.

Last edited:

Cerulean

Cipher
I just lost my level-87 hardcore Fishymancer. There was a pack of Burning Souls just off-screen, and Possessed Champions at that, so dim vision didn't work on them... five blasts straight at me, right out of the blue, and I'm one-shotted.

I'm sad now bros :negative:

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
new project diablo 2 season coming next week
1712385142027.png

some cool stuff implemented such as fixing next hit always miss, next hit delay making melee significantly better

wonderful mod been playing since season 2

Not all hope is lost: When ballbustlingly difficult games DO come out, they tend to do well.

Dark Souls basically started a golden age for Fromsoft, and it came out right in the middle of the most mediocre, easy game generation.

Spike

Educated
I am really enjoying the mod "ReModded" for this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom