Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 has gone full popamole.

potatojohn

Arcane
o_O

D1/D2 were already full popamole.

made

Arcane
What's he trying to say? His record of great years at Blizzard is going to be killed by Diablo? Or... Diablo is going to kill Blizzard? I don't understand:?

Whatever the case he's a retard. While Blizzard games suck hard, their workplace looks like a cool place to work. Plus he was a senior producer, so he probably had a good paycheck. Lastly it's not a good idea to trash your former employer publicly when you're kinda a big deal yourself. Future potential employers might see this when they look up his name, and it would hurt his chances since no one wants to hire a grumpy wumpy.
Evidently, to some individuals, speaking their mind is more important than maximizing potential emplyoment options. If only his CEO had done a better job instilling a sense of pessimism and fear.

attackfighter

Magister
You don't leave from a senior producer position before the game has gone gold under "normal circumstances". My take is that he was let go because he disagreed with the consolification of the game.

Oh wow I completely misinterpreted what he had to say. D'oh.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Why is this in General RPG?
Cuz it's an RPG. Any mod that disagrees can move it out but I won't. However, if there are too many threads on D3 here I'll start merging them.

Steve Parker​
Yeah, probably should have used a better verb than "kill it" about D3. They're going to do an amazing job.
Steve Parker​
Bad phrasing on my part. I mean they're going to do a great job.

A Senior Producer holds a supervising role in development. Could be that he simple wasn't needed anymore.

racofer

Thread Incliner
A Senior Producer holds a supervising role in development. Could be that he simple wasn't needed anymore.
Steve Parker: Guise, this game has way too many bugs to be released yet, we need to postpone the release date.
Kocktick: Well, Steve, these have been nice five years with you aboard our company. You've done an amazing job, but we feel that it's in the company's best interests to let you go now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
:lol:
I meant; They probably have other people to supervise the parts of the game that aren't ready yet. Who knows.

DraQ

Arcane
What's he trying to say? His record of great years at Blizzard is going to be killed by Diablo? Or... Diablo is going to kill Blizzard? I don't understand:?

Whatever the case he's a retard. While Blizzard games suck hard, their workplace looks like a cool place to work.
Yeah, I'd totally want to work in place where the sense of pessimism and fear would be constantly instilled into me.
I mean who wouldn't?
:roll:

Plus he was a senior producer, so he probably had a good paycheck. Lastly it's not a good idea to trash your former employer publicly when you're kinda a big deal yourself. Future potential employers might see this when they look up his name, and it would hurt his chances since no one wants to hire a grumpy wumpy.
Maybe he's one of those few people who value integrity and self respect over selling their asshole to the highest bidder?

(as long as they aren't really desperate, but I wouldn't count on this particular fellow getting desperate)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
facepalm.jpg

Guys, "kill it" is not a bad thing. It's a compliment.

Chuck Norris

Augur
He used the most retarded way of complimenting. He actually had to explain about it in his next tweets.
Yeah, probably should have used a better verb than "kill it" about D3. They're going to do an amazing job.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Steve Parker: Guise, this game has way too many bugs to be released yet, we need to postpone the release date.
Kocktick: Well, Steve, these have been nice five years with you aboard our company. You've done an amazing job, but we feel that it's in the company's best interests to let you go now.
D3 is clearly a rush job.

racofer

Thread Incliner
D3 is clearly a rush job.
Precisely.

Kz3r0

Arcane
facepalm.jpg

I am not a native speaker, but when reading that I thought that he meant that they are going to make it big time, or something like that.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Killer game is probably what he meant to say.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
facepalm.jpg

I am not a native speaker, but when reading that I thought that he meant that they are going to make it big time, or something like that.
Same here.

I always thought of, "Made a killing" as being incredibly successful, since it implies you were so successful, it was as good as killing your competition.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I don't think so. Considering the context and how he was just let go, I doubt he was using the phrase in that manner.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
First, "kill it" is a fairly common phrase. It means "overwhelming success".

Second, who says he was let go?

Black

Arcane
Fucking amerikkkans destroying not even their own language
THE SHIT- something very good
KILL IT- make it amazing

Hitler gassed the wrong people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom