Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 is a-coming?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Dark Individual said:
But they may be worried that some new MMOG will take WoW's position.

I really don't think any current MMOG is going to cause a mass exodus from WOW to another MMOG. Age of Conan? No. Biowares MMOG..? I doubt Bio's ability to create something so innovative that it out does WOW.

That said, no one ever though any game would out do EQ or Lineage for that matter, and then along came WOW.

There is some interesting data on MMOG if you want to take a look at: http://www.mmogchart.com/

Seeing the chart where WOW just fucking skyrockets is hilarious.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
I've been checking http://www.diablofans.com/ lately. The teaser is still rather inconclusive, apparently all the symbols appearing on it are from different blizzard games.

"C'moon new bike!"

forsinain points out a pattern on the master.CSS file for today. Yesterday the name was Tundra. Today the name is Cavern. His pattern points toward one of the Diablo Acts' locations:
Glacial Trail -> Frozen Tundra (.tundra in CSS)
Glacial Trail -> Drifter Cavern (.cavern in CSS)

God, I love these little hints. Ofcourse it will then turn out to be Warcraft IV or whatever.

Oh yeah, the Blackthorne trademark was recently renewed. Fuuuck, they are really trying to confuse us.

Raapys

Arcane
First and foremost I'm just hoping that it wont have Warcraft 3's crappy graphic style. It probably will, though.

Kingston

Arcane
Indeed. But Diablo was always more into the whole gritty idea. The first one was quite scary with all the dark shadows and chit, and with the horribly bloated Butcher running at you. That must have been one of the first time I shat my pants when playing a game. A weeaboo running at you from stencil shadows just doesn't seem to fit the whole Diablo theme.

Please Blizzard. Or plox, if that suits you better.

The secret image being uncovered doesn't bode well, though:
day3-penguin.jpg

FEAR THE PENGUINS! THEY HAVE COME TO EAT YOUR SOULS!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
A new franchise might be a good idea. I'd like that best myself. Diablo 3 is pretty much confirmed too - let's hope they, as usual, keep hardware requirements down. I'd love to play it - if only for the story.

Kingston

Arcane
Yup, two diagonal eyes staring at you from the ice. The fans are proclaiming that its diablo, its baal, its a protoss, its frosmourne, its this, its that. Some people see horns, others see a full figure, some people see nothing but snowflakes. Gonna have to wait another day.

The css.file says "Get ready" somewhere. :)

Atrokkus

Erudite
The css.file says "Get ready" somewhere
www.battle.net/images iirc
but people say it's been there forever

There are some pretty crazy theories out there:

Using the image numbers as sperate digits, and applying them to their corresponding css class names to get the letters, using 0 as the first letter in each word you can get 2 letters per day.

Tundra - 04: T, R
Glacier - 15: L, E
Icy - 23: Y, I
Cold - 16: O, L

Knowing that there will be 4 more letters, you can create TYR_EL I_ LO__

With the The Valenzetti Equation from Lost being 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42 which so far fits the numbers we have, the final result can probably be guessed to be

TYRAEL IS LOST

So then, 08 will be Artic, giving us, A from 0, and T from 8. Leaving us with 42 something like _ _ S _ S??

Also:

photoshopped splashscreen with diablo mug in the center

Me, I'm not believin' it till I see it on Saturday.
me,

Kingston

Arcane
The number sequence is from Lost, apparently. And apparently in Lost there is some kind of station called Hydra. Hydra is also the name of one of the projects Blizzard is working on. So they'll probably be unveiling that then. AND ZOMG A HYDRA HAS MANY HEADS LIKE THREE HEADS AND DIABLO IS DIABLO 3 OMG I CANT WAAIT LOL

That's sorta the theories they be throwing around.

Edit: Then again, if its from Lost then it could be LOST VIKINGS!1 ZOMG

That's another theory.

Edit: Omg what does this mean? http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6951/coteftwem8.png

... and does anyone care

i dont know all the facts and havent really been paying attention, but a very small part of diablo involved ice, while the w3 frozen throne expansion had lots of snow and ice, and iirc ended with arthas joining with the ice king or something...

the facce in the snow flakes is interesting though, and i would really prefer a diablo 3 over a wow exp or another warcraft game.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Some people just seem to be unaware of the fact that WoW: Wrath of the Lich King is already ANNOUNCED. So what the fuck would be the purpose of teasing us with it this time?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom