Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 is a-coming?

omg guys, if you connect the shiny parts of the crystal in the splash screen it spells DIABLO 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ice5or9.jpg

CONCLUSIVE PROOF IMO

Seriously though, a lot of the speculation circulating is getting REALLY dumb...

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Sure. But there are many concept artists who have taken a crack at drawing Arthas. They aren't all going to draw that point of the helmet in an identical manner.

I didn't mean that it was that exact picture, only that it could easily be that character. Icy magic powah streaming from eyes, the edges of what could easily be that helmet, the generally icy theme (Wrath is set in Northrend)...sure, they could be working on another game with a key character who is a guy with glowey eyes (and raised ridges around them) in a frozen glacier setting at the same time that they are working on Wrath. But it just seems really coincidental.

I'd be pleased to be wrong but at the moment the odds are good it is Wrath, IMHO.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Well, as i said, i dont give a shit whether d3 is going to be announced or not. In fact, I'd rather prefer the latter because in that case Rex would have to eat his shit.

Caveman

Scholar
In my opinion Diablo series is great.
The best graphic roguelike ever.

I dont like the art direction of D2. Less gothic, almost no gore death animations .
Still great game but the first one was pure genius.

Murk

Arcane
looks like starcraft 2 will have the imperial guard in it

ss65.jpg

Murk

Arcane
I think WC is too cartoony for it, diablo's biggest lure was it's atmosphere... at least for me.

Even when watching children go pop into zombies in WC3 or hearing about how many were slaughtered it was never "dark" or "grim", i twas all too bright and pretty and cute for that

diablo 1 actually scared me when i was a kid, hell its still creepy now

Raapys

Arcane
Diablo 1 is amazing with its atmosphere. Diablo 2 lost much of it( still more atmospheric than all the clones though ) but made up for it by vastly improving the gameplay.

I expect Diablo 3 will have worse atmosphere than both prequels, but maybe they'll make up for it with gameplay.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
WC universe didn't always have cartoony shit atmosphere. This would be a good opportunity to bring it back to it's roots.

One that they will waste of course.

Atrokkus

Erudite
There's also Diablo IV and V though...so not really proof of anything.
Are you retarded? There are no IV and V *FORUM SECTIONS*
im not talking about domain names here.

WC universe didn't always have cartoony shit atmosphere. This would be a good opportunity to bring it back to it's roots.
Haha you're tellin me that it wasn't cartoony in wc1 and 2? Get a fuckin grip.

Murk

Arcane
starcraft was the closest they got to non-diablo "not cartoony" feels, and even then it was still cartoony, the music definitely didn't help either

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It is certainly stylized, but thats mainly so that you can easily differentiate units. Atmosphere wise, it's not really cartoony imo.

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/warcraft_2 ... l?id=48663

http://www.firingsquad.com/media/galler ... .asp/142/7

WC3 has pointlessly disproportioned weapons, and it's heroes are 16 feet tall. Most of the cartoony distortion in WC2 is due to the fact that it's using tiny little sprites. Weapons need to be big so you can see them at all. And even then, it's not nearly as bad as in WC3. There are some exceptions, like the goblins, but for the most part soldiers look like soldiers. WC3 brought in blue elves with glowing eyes, walking trees with big goofy smiles, and glowy auras around everything. Don't even get me started on the sound. The buildings didn't become any more detailed in their makeup despite becoming far more graphic intensive. They have all sorts of little runes and doodads and shit on them, but they're still blocky, silly looking things a child would design.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Warcraft just makes me nerd rage. The more I think about it the more I hate that god damn weeaboo furry. Warcraft 3 and WoW are derivative works of the -worst- fantasy tropes. Stupid weapons, glowy mystical nature worship (malaria? what's that), stupid weapons, elf subraces, nonstop prophesies out the ass, a rain of magical artifacts, furry-worthy naming systems (when I played WoW my night elf chick was named Moonsun Brightshadow and I think I tried to fit Fireice in there), stupid armor, the complete omission of a likely religion, instead it's again mystical nature worship of the tree spirits and the earth mother or the worship of a generic and inoffensive Holy Light, and stupid weapons. I really don't mind the art style, cartoon style can be great and I've got a couple pieces of Warcraft art and fanart that I like...
Also why are footmen left-handed?

There are such things as cool improbable weapons. Shuriken catapults are cool (though I'll admit chainswords are silly and not in a cool way). Warcraft weapons, though, all seem to be designed to harm the wielder and nobody else.

Who decided this was such an awesome idea it needed to be repeated several times, including replacing a unit from the original that worked fine in the expansion?
spellbreaker.gif
huntress.gif

glaivethrower.gif
warden.gif

shadowhunter.gif

Ironically, that's pretty much what a shuriken catapult shoots. Only small, and from a gun, and in large numbers.

tl;dr I hope someone else besides Failwise does the art for warcraft 3

pkt-zer0

Scholar
Aww, no shit-eating Rex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom