Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 is a-coming?

Atrokkus

Erudite
Diablo 3 officially announced.

Gameplay reel is now playing.

So far looks completley awesome. Realistic looking 3d, overhead view (with zoom), destructible environment, fluid animations etc etc.
Lots of gore.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Have to admit, does look slightly more cartooney than the previous games. I can deal with it, but still, not quite as realistic and dark looking.

gc051360

Scholar
It does look a bit more cartoony than the last one, but that's ok.

I watched the little gameplay video.....wtf? It had a bird's eye view like the last Diablo game. I thought that was totally outdated?

Why isn't this a 3d shooter? Why have they tried to maintain the gameplay elements of the previous Diablo games? Change is inevitable!!!! It should be a shooter damnit.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Has anyone seen/read whether they are keeping the randomization aspect of level generation? My gut tells me they must but 3D is harder than 2D in that regard. Didn't see it in the sites feature list.

Suicidal

Arcane
Looks very fun.

At first I thought: "Meh, it will be just yet another ARPG. Sure, Diablo 2 was fun, but some things get boring sooner or later"

Then I watched the video and it somehow managed to capture my attention and made me want the game.

I'll be looking forward to its release now. Finally - a proper ARPG.

Gerrard

Arcane
Naked Ninja said:
Has anyone seen/read whether they are keeping the randomization aspect of level generation? My gut tells me they must but 3D is harder than 2D in that regard. Didn't see it in the sites feature list.
Yes, it's in the FAQ.
Also, Diablo III builds on the random environments of the previous Diablo games by introducing a host of new ways to create random scripted events throughout the game. This creates a dense and exciting world alive with quests, NPCs, dynamic encounters, and viciously challenging new monsters and bosses. Diablo III's environments add a great deal of interactivity to the game, including destructible elements and environmental obstacles that can be turned against your enemies.

Also, only 5 classes, what the hell.

Raapys

Arcane
Looks just like I was hoping it wouldn't look, but oh well. Let's hope they can make up for it with the gameplay.

1eyedking

Erudite
Naked Ninja said:
Actually it's pretty much the same.

Yet another diablo clone [/too obvious]

Looks really good. I'm looking forward to this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom