Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 3 is a-coming?

Raapys

Arcane
Hmm, what ever happened to that Warcraft adventure game thingy?

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
LucasArts said:
After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC.
I assume that's what happened to Lord of the Clans as well.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
For some reason I -really- like Blizzard as a company even if I'm not a big fan of their games or franchises. It's curious, but I really think they manage to make a great game, and not a game fans want, while still listening to them. I also find it admirable how they never complain about piracy; their games are just that good that people buy them. I find that admirable.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Seconded.
The fact that they provide free multiplayer service that requires a legit cdkey that can't be generated with cracks is a very good stimulus. I own legit copies of most of their games.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Occasionally Fatal said:
but now i know! :lol:

And knowing is half the battle!

2262675678_b42fddcf21_o.jpg

Binary

Liturgist
Atrokkus said:
Seconded.
The fact that they provide free multiplayer service that requires a legit cdkey that can't be generated with cracks is a very good stimulus. I own legit copies of most of their games.

pkt-zer0

Scholar
I'm pretty sure they're just fucking around now, and in fact won't announce anything. Just to show that yeah, they can generate tons on net buzz based on absolutely nothing at all.

Atrokkus

Erudite
What those resemble is completely irrelevant. You establish that by looking at one of the first runes which is a complete replica of a symbol of one of the Protoss tribes. They basically just list their franchises that way, in the same manner that they were circling game posters last year.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
My guess : Wrath of the Lich King.

wow-wrath-of-the-lich-king.jpg

The image on Blizz looks very much like Arthas' glowing eyes with bits of the helmet he wears around it showing.

Given that the new expansion adds a frozen environment and a rune magic mechanic to WoW....

aboyd

Liturgist
I think you're right. I don't understand it though. The hype is appearing because people hope it's Diablo. Then it's not and everyone is let down.

Why does Blizzard do that to themselves and the fans?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Each of the runes references one of Blizzard's IPs. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a Blackthorne rune tomorrow.

The eyes could still be Tyreal, or a Protoss, or Arthas, or a generic Death Knight, or anything. We're just gonna have to wait and see.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Everyone will be -incredibly- let-down if it's Arthas.

My guess? At the Invitational they'll go "IT IS WRATH OF THE LICH KING'S BETA!!!!" - half will cheer, half will boo, the internet will be on fire. Then the lights go out and the announcer's voice becomes low and threatening: "But that isn't all~"; five gloomy red lights light in the presentation room forming a pentacle, new D3 musics fades in and a super-quality CGI is projected in front of the room showing badass Diablo marching down a frozen wasteland and people will be driven mad with glee or something.

I'd do something like that if I was them.

Xor

Arcane
Every time they've done a splash screen, it's been to announce a new game. My money's still on Diablo 3 or a Starcraft MMO.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
They haven't announced a release date for Wrath though.

I hope it's a new game. But I suppose we will know fairly soon.

Still, you have to hand it to Blizzard, they're skilled hands at this hype thing.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Oh crap and now i'm looking at the new splashscreen and... well.. it sure looks like Arthas now...
Makes no sense.

But then again, I never firmly beleived that it's going to be Diablo3 anyways.

Oh btw, if it's not Diablo3, Rex has to eat his own shit -- he swore that he'd do it, i can provide logs.

Naked Ninja

Arbiter
Hmm, I looked at the older pic they had up, when the eyes were less pronounced and it did look like the skeleton warrior off the diablo box.

It could be that they are simply putting up tantalizing images from previous games one by one in a lead up to announcing something new. They did that with SC2, showed a timeline of past games with a big question mark at the end.

But really, it's all just speculation. A very clever trick to get people talking. We'll see what happens. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom