Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Diablo III Accounts Hacked

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Jesus, fuck, what a fucking retard. So, you just know it's not Blizzard's fault, huh? Or you think that even if it is, the user is still responsible?

A brothel doesn't sign an agreement that assures you all of their prostitutes have a clean bill of health and you'll never get syphilis from them.

Just saying, when you bruise someone's uterus, it's up to you to use an authenticator to protect yourself.
Umm, actually a decent/legal brothel here in Europa (Germany for example) is always stocked with condoms plus the 'staff' has to have a clean bill of health. Just saying.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Umm, actually a decent/legal brothel here in Europa (Germany for example) is always stocked with condoms plus the 'staff' has to have a clean bill of health. Just saying.

Blizzard are playas, bro. They don't care about the law, and they are above the law. Cuz they are Blizzard bro. Can't touch the Blizz. :yeah:

Angthoron

Arcane
The government has launched an investigation into Blizzard Entertainment over allegations that the American computer gamemaker has refused to refund Koreans who purchased its latest real-time role-playing game Diablo 3.

The Fair Trade Commission (FTC) said the firm is suspected of having violated the country’s law on electronic commerce and commercial contracts. The FTC said Tuesday that it raided the firm’s Seoul office Monday and secured related documents and other evidence with which it will determine whether Blizzard broke the law.

The investigation comes only two weeks after the release of the game, which has sold more than 6.3 million copies worldwide.
Larger-than-expected traffic to the online game’s severs made it extremely difficult for its users to access the game, particularly on weekday nights and weekends, according to Blizzard Korea.

Some buyers of the game vented frustration over server shutdowns and asked for refunds, but the company refused to do so, citing sales contract terms, which the FTC says is disadvantageous to consumers.

Blizzard said it doubled the capacity of servers Friday and pledged to improve services further in order to prevent a recurrence of the problem.

Despite the move, major portals have already been receiving messages denouncing Blizzard’s poor service. Hundreds of users have filed formal complaints with the FTC, calling for an investigation by the regulator.

“We have received many complaints from Diablo 3 users,” said Kim Hyung-bae, a spokesman for the FTC. He admitted that an investigation into Blizzard is underway, but refused to elaborate.

Other FTC officials said the probe is aimed at confirming whether the firm has sold the game based on what they describe as an “unfair” contract so that people cannot receive refunds even if they discover problems with the game. They said they are studying whether the company should be held liable for “ill-preparation” for unexpected traffic.

It’s too early to see any results of the probe but some investigators expect the regulator to issue an order mandating Blizzard to provide a full refund to all unhappy customers.

Sources:

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news...23_111971.html
http://www.tentonhammer.com/diablo3/...er-allegations

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Some of the Diablo 3 posters say they actually work in IT security for a living, man. They know what they're talking about. And when they tell you you have a keylogger infestation even though multiple scans by Malwarebytes finds nothing, you have one.

This is retarded even if you say in a serious manner or a sarcastic one. It's rare that such a thing is possible, but you made it.

I'd show you the post made in Blizz-forums where the real statement was made but the topic has been deleted. No, not that rare. :lol:

A brothel doesn't sign an agreement that assures you all of their prostitutes have a clean bill of health and you'll never get syphilis from them.

Just saying, when you bruise someone's uterus, it's up to you to use an authenticator to protect yourself.

Ah, well... uh... the brothels here don't guarantee that. Haven't been to Europe.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Ah, well... uh... the brothels here don't guarantee that. Haven't been to Europe.

Pretty much every brothel and prostitute I've ever heard of around here stocks condoms and will insist that their clients use one of theirs (since, you know, it's the hooker's livelihood that's ruined if she catches a bug from a client using crap rubber). Some of my old classmates work with Maersk Shipping and according to them the practice is the same pretty much no matter what country they happen to dock in. I shudder to think what kind of thirdworldian hellhole you live in that has worth health&safety standards than the Philipines.

If Blizzards security is so weak that an authenticator is mandatory for single-player gaming, then the authenticator should've been in the box the game came in.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Pretty much every brothel and prostitute I've ever heard of around here stocks condoms and will insist that their clients use one of theirs (since, you know, it's the hooker's livelihood that's ruined if she catches a bug from a client using crap rubber). Some of my old classmates work with Maersk Shipping and according to them the practice is the same pretty much no matter what country they happen to dock in. I shudder to think what kind of thirdworldian hellhole you live in that has worth health&safety standards than the Philipines.

If Blizzards security is so weak that an authenticator is mandatory for single-player gaming, then the authenticator should've been in the box the game came in.

Let's just say in a conservative country which doesn't have a sex industry as thriving as that of Thailand or the Philippines, the people unofficially regulating the trade don't care as much for things like safety.

I agree, Blizzard would be better if it was like a brothel that charges you USD60 and demands you have your condom 'Always On (TM)'.

On a serious note, with several Korean MMOs I've played, you don't require a physical authenticator but instead log-in by clicking on a randomized keypad. I figure that works just as well for protecting against key-loggers. The initial entry of the code is also done by clicking, and unless the data is saved on your computer (unlikely, unless the makers wanted to defeat the purpose of the security in the first place), it's probably stored in the database of the company.

In which case, the only way you're getting hacked is if someone hacks into the game authentication servers. I don't think you need something as drastic as a dongle to be the only way of protecting your account from being hacked.

Black

Arcane
I don't know if this hacking shit is/was real or was it just your typical users' stupidity. I know at least 5 other people who play D3 and none of us got "hacked" nor do we know anyone who was. I don't know what to believe any more!

St. Toxic

Arcane
Come back when every Diablo 3 player has been hacked despite using authenticators and randomized passwords, then we'll talk.

Black

Arcane
Yeah, I heard that if some dorks out of ~6 mln people lose their shit it's not because some people are actually stupid and careless, it's because there's a massive hacking spree.

St. Toxic

Arcane
I see some broken sarcasm detectors here

Just because some people can't detect sarcasm doesn't mean Blizzard is responsible. These people could have done a lot of things to detect sarcasm more efficiently on their own but, because they didn't care enough, the feeling of being made fun of was stolen from them by hackers; tough shit -- that's how it is in the world of single-player games.

Black

Arcane
Apparently a certain massive faggot, as in, a youtube "celebrity" who was streaming Diablo 3 revealed his password by accident- http://athenelive.com/video/653140 (skip to ~48:30)
kditV.png

I guess you'd call that hacking, eh?

SerratedBiz

Arcane
I guess you've now conclusively proved that anyone who's had their accounts hacked was either a) not your friend or b) a retarded podcaster.

/thread?

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
What happened to Black? He was a half-decent poster.
Diablo 3 twisted him into a blizztard apologist faggot.

Black

Arcane
Showing how one idiot got "hacked" is being a blizztard apologist faggot?:kfc:

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
Blizzard needs to release a few more shitty products, so that the outrage can outgrow the childhood nostalgia fanboyism.

Nostradumbass

Scholar
y u scared of truth?

lie != truth. stop lying or i'll have to tell your mom.

anyone who got hacked was blissfully ignorant of what an authenticator is.. and how you can get a free one if you have a modern phone (any old android will do). if you dont have a modern phone, then you should fucking get one. r00fles!

there are many reasons to call blizzard epic faggots, but this issue of users being too ignorant to protect their accounts isnt one of them. if you dont have two way authentication on your gmail, youre also a massive idiot waiting to have that hacked too.

circ

Arcane
Was it Ulminati who just mentioned that some buddy got hacked and they had an authenticator? Or are you calling that a lie?

Not to keep calling you an apologist or anything, but this is like Apple delivering a sub-standard product then saying, hey buy a cellphone cover, even though it completely ruins the appearance of our fashion trend.
People shouldn't get hacked in the first place, authenticator or not, or lack of intelligence. Unless it's someone really dumb that pretty much gives away his or her character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom