Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo Immortal - MMO ARPG for mobile platforms - massive butthurt at Blizzcon

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
I don't know - it's look pretty fun.

That's what I'm saying lol D3 seems like a perfect game for a phone. I'll prolly play it and have a lot of fun.

I DO understand, however, that a bunch of 'true' diablo fans were expecting some big announcement at Blizzcon because of all the hype/fake leaks in the last few weeks. Plus Blizz hasn't really done much for the game in the past 5 years.. So in context the announcement's pretty funny.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
5252-crying-black-man.gif

Beastro

Arcane
So instead of D2 remastered we got a phone version of Diablo 3 :decline::decline::decline:

Day 1 Purchase!! :takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

:M

"Don't you guys all have phones?"

Yeah we all have refrigerators too, doesn't mean we want to play games on them you fucking dope.

I don't!

:whatho:

Only the older, more traditional generation. The mainlanders fucked tradition in the eye and have no culture other than what old man Mao and the commies made up for them, which is why they are such arrogant shitheads who think the entire universe not only belongs to them but owes them everything.

So they think they're the center of the universe and that everyone should pay tribute to them for being the rightful rulers of said universe?

Sounds like they're getting back to their roots to me~

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Fuck those losers.
YOU WILL GULP DOWN THE SHIT WE PRESENT YOU, YOU WILL PAY US MONEY FOR IT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT, YOU FUCKING ENTITLED WOMYN-HATING LOSERS!
http://archive.is/kWuoL
Fans react to Diablo Immortal like disrespectful edgelords at BlizzCon 2018's Q&A
BlizzCon 2018 attendees are reacting to Diablo's new mobile game announcement very poorly with blatantly disrespectful questions at the developer session.
Asif Khan
November 2, 2018 4:45 PM

Blizzard announced a ton of things today at the BlizzCon 2018 Opening Ceremony, and fans were pretty jazzed until the final reveal of the event. A new Diablo game was announced, but not Diablo 4 and not for PC. This is definitely disappointing for a lot of Blizzard's core fanbase as most of them play games on their computers and may describe themselves as card-carrying members of that good old PC Master Race, but mobile games are here to stay and Blizzard has seen some serious success on iOS and Android with Hearthstone. The new Diablo Immortal mobile game may not have been what fans were expecting, but the response by fans during the question and answer session is rude and uncalled for. Here's one clip of a particularly stupid question asked to a Blizzard developer.

"Is this an out of season April Fool's joke?" asked the BlizzCon 2018 attendee. Apparently not releasing Diablo 4 or a PC Diablo game is a license to troll a Blizzard developer directly to his face. Diablo's Wyatt Cheng was already somewhat nervous during the announcement of Diablo Immortal, but this kind of behavior at a developer Q&A is really inappropriate, but wait there's more.

A large amount of boos rained down from the crowd when Wyatt confirmed that Diablo Immortal will be a mobile-only game releasing on App Store and Google Play. "Do you guys not have phones?" asked developers in response to the poor reaction from fans in attendance. It is unfortunate to see this poor of a response to the Diablo Immortal reveal, and even if you don't like mobile games, there is a better way to behave at a developer Q&A. There are probably some people in attendance who won't get to ask a better question because of the time taken up by these clearly annoyed fans.

It is fine to be disappointed by today's announcment of a mobile Diablo game, but Shacknews believes that mobile gamers count too. We acquired Modojo several years ago and will continue to report on mobile games and apps because people are interested in them. Mobile gaming is booming overseas in Asia and has seen pockets of success here in the U.S. Clearly, Blizzard sees an opportunity in this market. We can only hope that they will eventually release Diablo 4 and all of this whining can end, but until then, maybe think twice before posting something overwhelmingly negative about a game that some people have been working very hard to announce. You don't want to be like these guys at BlizzCon 2018.

Asif Khan

CEO

Asif Khan is the CEO and majority shareholder of Shacknews. He began his career in video game journalism as a freelancer in 2001 for Tendobox.com. Asif is a CPA and was formerly an investment adviser representative. After much success in his own personal investments, he retired from his day job in financial services and is currently focused on new private investments. His favorite PC game of all time is Duke Nukem 3D, and he is an unapologetic fan of most things Nintendo. Asif first frequented the Shack when it was sCary's Shugashack to find all things Quake. When he is not immersed in investments or gaming he is a purveyor of fine electronic music. Asif also has an irrational love of Cleveland sports.

>None of these gamers have the balls to use their real name so I could doxx them
>Also fuck this guy who stood up on camera in a crowded public auditorium and expressed his dissatisfaction.
>By the way not liking phone games makes you racist and sexist.
>Probably homophobic and islamophobic too (ed note: I'm projecting future tweets)

Vapid

Learned
The moment I saw the like/dislike bar under the announcement videos I thought to myself "What angle are they (as in: Blizz, game jurnos, etc.) going to use to squeeze in misogyny as an explanaition for the whole shitshow". And here it is...
"They get off on hating something that they've traditionally associated with a heavily female audience."
Jesus, the levels of retardation are beyond my comprehesion.

The gaming INDUSTRY deserves to burn to the ground.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Diablo 3 was abandoned after the real money auction house went under. RoS and the Necro pack were all they followed up with. Fair enough I guess, if their money flow came to an end and the game was not well received anyway then move on.

But even as cynical as I am I never imagined they'd take the route they did. They took all those Diablo 3 assets and outsourced them. And since they could call it a 'new game' they could now set up microtransactions much easier and there you have it, a cheap game that could keep money flowing.

The story doesn't make sense. The assets are almost entirely reused. Same stages with different names, same exact classes. Nothing regarding the atmosphere or tension is addressed. Still overly colorful and full on arcade-like.

And the most baffling decision of all, headline a Blizzcon with it. How disconnected does your leadership have to be to think that would go over well with a Blizzcon audience? How many people must have felt they couldn't object but had to know better?

I know Diablo 4 is still coming down the line but this off-shoot mobile game gives zero tells that they understand much of the criticism D3 earned. Amazing.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like a mobile game, alright. From a Chinese company that is rather hated by Chinese gamers for being very greedy and including P2W mechanics.
This is one of the best train wrecks in years.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ironically a Diablo 2 remake would have made the fans happy, and they could have done a shitty WC mobile game instead?
The lack of brains it shows to announce a mobile game of all things to a big crowd of PC and console players is just... I don't even.

I am impressed. And the dislike ratio is beautiful.

GrainWetski

Arcane
But they've entertained you for years, for the low low price of 50-60€ per game!

I'm always amazed that retards can pretend developers are doing customers a favor by selling products to them. I shouldn't be because it happens so often, but it's just so fucking retarded.

Generic-Giant-Spider

"WillPowers" proudly runs a Twitter account for his dog. As in, he pretends his dog is typing out all these messages and photos.

But who am I talk?

Seethe

Arbiter
Gaming journalists need to be put on a cross. "Muh entitlement" doesn't even work here. Standing in front of a crowd of PC gamers and presenting them a mobile game is retarded, and shows how disconnected you are from reality.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom