Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Loot 2.0 was the best thing that could have happened to Diablo 3

It killed the game as gear became meaningless, non-main stats were made obsolete and any chance of creating builds that the devs didn't think of themselves was killed. On the second thought it was the best the could have happened to Diablo 3.

Unpopular opinion, but I preferred D3 skill rune selection over D2 skill trees. Not having to level up a new character just to experiment with a new ability greatly improved what I got out of the game. In D2 I had to use trainers offline to see what I liked and what worked. I also liked the nuance of the mixing the runes. The only problem is that the only class I thought was worth a damn was the Witch Doctor. Every other class felt single note.

They should return to D1 style skill books for all classes or go to a Dungeon Siege model of improvement by use. Also, D1 sorcerer > D2 sorceress.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I prefer D1 style skill books also. I'd like to be able to customize skills further, like in Path of Exile or that Borderlands-looking ARPG that was posted in this forum a month or so ago. And more roguelike elements, like permanent modifications to the character from altars, fountains, etc.

Sykar

Arcane
I prefered D3's skills system too, but everything else about D2 was superior.
D3? Skill system? You mean that meaningless garbage system that lets you choose at any point to be a compeltely different build? When your choices are completely tied to the set you are wearing so hardly any real choice at all? The non-existent attribute system? Paragon that just awards no-lifers? All builds hunting the same stats sans their main damage type which is just flavor?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Modern Blizz fans can't handle anything more complicated than two attributes such as attack and defense. Look forward to the next uni-stat system where everything just has a single number to determine how good it is. For ease of use, this will still be colour coded and tied to a level that you can equip it at.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I'm impressed Sykar even remembers all that about D3. Such a forgettable game.

Shin

Cipher

Well, thanks for taking the time to list all these shitty videos.
I randomly started at the 4th one and about a few seconds later its apparent that it's some shill who's trying to get tickets to Blizzcon.
The third video was made by someone who articulates like I'm a 5 y/o old.
The second video was made by someone named 'Zoe Delahunty-Light', nuff said
The first video seemed okay at first, but you gradually find out that the one who played this beta is completely incomprehensible, direct quote (after being asked about how the game 'feels' to play): "Playing through the prologue and act 1, I think there's still like that element like the game's gradually unfolding. There's definitely a lot of like gameplay and systems that we haven't seen yet, but it's very much that like... because of the open world like, so for example I start with the rogue and you start with your knife and you start with uhh a bow and arrow and at first there's like these great hordes of enemies and its a bit more like kind overwhelming then you think because you don't really have the tools to properly kind of like thin them out."
If you played a drinking game and took a shot every time this toon said "like", "kind of" or "sort of", you'd wake up during the stomach pumping.

Amazing that these people get paid for this shit.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
They get paid because they are retarded and don't know they're retarded.

Blizzard added respeccing to Diablo 2 and the community was 100% fine with it. No one should be under the impression that Diablo 4 won't have either extremely permissive # of respecs per character like current Diablo 2, or just outright unlimited respeccing.

Sykar

Arcane
I'm impressed Sykar even remembers all that about D3. Such a forgettable game.
I tried to like it, really. Then I realized what a fucking retard I was for wasting 200 hours on the game I struggled to like from the get go.

Is there a youtuber that is not a retard?
Plenty. The question is whether there are Blizzdrones that are not retarded. Hell few weeks back I made fun of a "big" WoW streamer who was critising and lambasting Blizzard hard for how they let WoW get so bad and treatment of their employees. Lo and behold, Dragonderp expansion comes out and he is back on his knees slurping daddy Kodicks cock and asking for sloppy seconds. What a fucktard that guy is.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Unpopular opinion, but I preferred D3 skill rune selection over D2 skill trees. Not having to level up a new character just to experiment with a new ability greatly improved what I got out of the game. In D2 I had to use trainers offline to see what I liked and what worked. I also liked the nuance of the mixing the runes. The only problem is that the only class I thought was worth a damn was the Witch Doctor. Every other class felt single note.

They should return to D1 style skill books for all classes or go to a Dungeon Siege model of improvement by use. Also, D1 sorcerer > D2 sorceress.

D3s rune selection had potantial to be a really good system but sadly most of the runes in D3 are either completely useless or over shadowed by another much better rune. And thus game had really low amount of builds that really work.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
kek "the game looks bad in """"low quality"""" 1080p but trust me bro it looks way better in 4k"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom