Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Even softcore made you sweat bricks. The idea that you can just nilly willy wank through D2 SP solo self found or SP is ludicrous.

I played SSF and offline my whole life

Its not easy to complete Hell because every build has a weakness

And there are plenty of enemies that can surprise you

Fana/Zeal probably the easiest build to play in the game. Get some CB on your weapon, Holy Shield up, and Life Tap wand on switch. Plus Holy Freeze merc and you need CBF.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Whenever I think about to play hardcore, I remember "looking for Baal, bitch?!"... and give up that idea.
aAgW6z2_460s.jpg

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
All you are proving here is that you did not play D2 much if at all. But do keep going. :smug:
How did I do that? Just pointing out the habits of hc players who go against their alleged principles when they actually matter. Must mean I don't play D2 much. But keep bringing up irrelevant points that don't counter anything I said.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
By the way, any game you can pause within half a second by pressing a single button (ie single player "hardcore") is inherently casual. If you play "hardcore" in single player, you are a greasy scrub taking credit for real hardcore players (ie multiplayer hardcore) who risk dying every moment - without the option to pause by pressing esc. Even in real hardcore mode, that is multiplayer hardcore, D2 is inherently not a difficult game that requires much skill unless you are manually challenged.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Cringe all you want rusty. I say this as a veteran who lost his level 98 necro in PD2 real hardcore to a stray buffed-up flesh lancer followed by a whole pack of them just a month ago. Just because you can die doesn't mean it's difficult. It's just a matter of learning the numbers.

Codex Year of the Donut
Cringe all you want rusty. I say this as a veteran who lost his level 98 necro in PD2 real hardcore to a stray buffed-up flesh lancer followed by a whole pack of them just a month ago. Just because you can die doesn't mean it's difficult. It's just a matter of learning the numbers.
I barely even read your post, I just think d2 is crap.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Imagine thinking the pinnacle of the ARPG genre, Diablo 2, is a bad game.

It's STILL unrivaled after 25 years. And fuck off with Path of niggerxile, that game is cancer.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
I'm not that knowledgable in ARPG genre; so Diablo 2 may be good on it's own genre, but as a game it isn't good for me. Movement = mouse click, attacking = mouse click, using skills = mouse click, taking items = mouse click, asking Deckard Cain why he looks like Patrick Stewart and sounds like Sean Connery = mouse click...

Diablo 2's official box art should be like this :
carpa-tunnel-syndrome.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
I do not agree about respec part, it should be hard. I not against some respec but it should be closer to D2 than D3. I had zero reason to play same class more than once in D3. While playing them I tried all combinations I could think of, I had no reason to go back to try something else.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Respeccing is inherently casual. It would be cool if item drops were balanced around self found, but that is probably not the reason they will be messing with trading.

Peachcurl

Arcane
Respeccing should be "costly", but I see no reason to make it more costly than rerolling. Making it more costly than rerolling is just an obvious way to keep players involved beyond reasonable play-hours. Yay, more repetition of completely trivial game content.

Diablo 2 gameplay was fundamentally broken by skill trees (game was still fun but balance and itemization is a joke). Diablo 3 tried to fix this but made it worse and retarded in the process.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I think the next great Diablo-like will be, not Path of Exile 2, not Diablo IV, but Bloodborne II's Chalice Dungeons.

somerandomdude

Learned
I prefer self-found over trading. I've gotten my fill of games with economies from playing Path of Exile.

Loot 2.0 was the best thing that could have happened to Diablo 3, even though it wasn't perfect. I remember playing that game within the first month it released, and it was nearly impossible to gear up, a lot of players got to hell mode and hit a massive gear wall, and quit. If you wanted to overcome the gear wall, you had to get your wallet out, or be a streamer who had people feeding upgrades to you, or play the game 14-16hrs a day, 7 days a week. It was way harder to gear up at launch Diablo 3 than it ever was in any PoE league. Some people were good at playing economy simulator and actually made money on D3's RMAH. Therein lies the problem, I'd rather my ARPG be an ARPG and not another market/economy to exploit. Why can't games simply be games?

It really comes down to the question of, would you rather find your own loot, or would you rather have to trade or pay real money for it? Solo-self found loot also kills 3rd party currency/item vendors who charge real money - case and point being PoE and D2. I'd rather whales not be able to open their wallets and have all the best stuff, I'd rather those faggots have to earn it in game.

For the record, I have no intentions of playing D4.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I prefer self-found over trading. I've gotten my fill of games with economies from playing Path of Exile.

Loot 2.0 was the best thing that could have happened to Diablo 3, even though it wasn't perfect. I remember playing that game within the first month it released, and it was nearly impossible to gear up, a lot of players got to hell mode and hit a massive gear wall, and quit. If you wanted to overcome the gear wall, you had to get your wallet out, or be a streamer who had people feeding upgrades to you, or play the game 14-16hrs a day, 7 days a week. It was way harder to gear up at launch Diablo 3 than it ever was in any PoE league. Some people were good at playing economy simulator and actually made money on D3's RMAH. Therein lies the problem, I'd rather my ARPG be an ARPG and not another market/economy to exploit. Why can't games simply be games?

It really comes down to the question of, would you rather find your own loot, or would you rather have to trade or pay real money for it? Solo-self found loot also kills 3rd party currency/item vendors who charge real money - case and point being PoE and D2. I'd rather whales not be able to open their wallets and have all the best stuff, I'd rather those faggots have to earn it in game.

For the record, I have no intentions of playing D4.
I agree, and it is especially irritating when trading UI is as terrible as it is in PoE.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Can't believe this was announced in 2019. Time flies. Odds are this will blow, because Blizzard hasn't made a good game since Hearthstone was released almost a decade ago and before that it was WoW a decade before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom