Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Reever

Scholar
Patron
it looks like poe. running some empty fields and beaches iz many gothic.
I was talking from a character progression stand-point.
Besides the fact that I don't see how empty fields and beaches makes something more or less gothic, D2 is pretty much the same as what you're describing. Unless you think they were ever going back to D1 in which case you're deluding yourself in the first place.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
The UI looks bad, especially the skill icons, they're in the generic MMO style and are too colorful. The icons should be more abstract to be more clearly distinguishable. They draw too much attention on the screen. Visual effects lack grit - most of them look like bright colored fluids smeared across the screen.

Sykar

Arcane
The UI looks bad, especially the skill icons, they're in the generic MMO style and are too colorful. The icons should be more abstract to be more clearly distinguishable. They draw too much attention on the screen. Visual effects lack grit - most of them look like bright colored fluids smeared across the screen.
Can't imagine why. :smug:

Reinhardt

Arcane
just thought - if you don't make maps empty you won't need some dumb horse to ride from pack to pack?

Sykar

Arcane
Who needs maps? I would rather spend my time
with-blackuackrand-hookers-13842582.png

somerandomdude

Learned
it looks like poe. running some empty fields and beaches iz many gothic.
I was talking from a character progression stand-point.
Besides the fact that I don't see how empty fields and beaches makes something more or less gothic, D2 is pretty much the same as what you're describing. Unless you think they were ever going back to D1 in which case you're deluding yourself in the first place.

I prefer thicker mob packs in these games as well. I replayed Titan Quest earlier this year, and I modded the mob density to 10x the regular amount, and that felt about right. There were far too many groups of just 3 mobs scattered here and there, I preferred groups of 30. Some builds can run it just fine.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Depends on how melee skills work in this game but big packs tend to favor aoe casters over melee characters unless they turn melee skills into short range aoe skills.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I see Infinitron has smelled the stillborn carcass that will be D4 and has begun newsposting like a vulture circling a dying animal

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah D4 will totally be a failure.. r..r.right guys??
Quality-wise? Of course, it will be pure distilled shit. Critically and commercially? Of course not. It will sell untold millions of copies and get tons of GOAT awards from clueless journos with useless degrees. Also, embarassingly many Codexians will sing its praises it before moving to whatever the next big shit thing will end up being, Starfield or whatever.

Sykar

Arcane
Blizzard can go and shove D4 up its filthy anus just like it can choke on Diablo Immoral for all I care. The sooner that piece of shit company comes down crashing and burning the better. Not that it would change much in the grand scheme of things, but it would be glorious to watch a blaze of glory searing away that filth.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah D4 will totally be a failure.. r..r.right guys??
Quality-wise? Of course, it will be pure distilled shit. Critically and commercially? Of course not. It will sell untold millions of copies and get tons of GOAT awards from clueless journos with useless degrees. Also, embarassingly many Codexians will sing its praises it before moving to whatever the next big shit thing will end up being, Starfield or whatever.
I'm not sure if that's true anymore. Actiblizz has shit the bed pretty hard lately, most visibly with D:Immortal, but even before that and even WoW sucks with (anecdotally based on browsing) a lot of people seeming not to be interested in returning for the new expack which is unusual.

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
Which retard asked for intensive season support? This is the worst possible way to expand the game. I bet they would do seasons even if people begged them not to.

Let people buy the whole game up front and let them make mods.

How well have online season based diablo clones done compared to mod based games?
And not gonna lie, most torchlight/grim dawn/titan content adding mods were dogshit. i mostly just used stuff like defiler for TQ to jack up the abysmal xp/item find rates. meanwhile seasonal content tends to be pretty good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom