Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm not sure if that's true anymore.
Whatever. I'm never afraid of making bold predictions about any subjects while knowing very little about them and despite also having a very poor track record. :obviously:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Funny but back in the day Blizzard games were benchmarks for polish

They ran well, had very few bugs

and ofc the famous "its done when its done"... No early access or other rubbish

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Which retard asked for intensive season support? This is the worst possible way to expand the game. I bet they would do seasons even if people begged them not to.

Let people buy the whole game up front and let them make mods.

How well have online season based diablo clones done compared to mod based games?
And not gonna lie, most torchlight/grim dawn/titan content adding mods were dogshit. i mostly just used stuff like defiler for TQ to jack up the abysmal xp/item find rates. meanwhile seasonal content tends to be pretty good.
Season support is absolutely the smartest decision to go with for a new ARPG, especially bearing the diablo name.

Lost ark is very similar to D4, despite being quite more leaning into classic MMORPG terrirory with raids n shit, but lost ark is very successful.

Path of Exile too, despite not really having the open world stuff, but alot of seasonal content.

Games as a live-service is here to stay, and it's great, if its executed properly.

Taking Diablo into open world MMO territory was always what was coming, and it should have been done in D3, which was also originally the intent.
If D4 can fuse the ARPG elements with openworld mmo to create an enganging game with good engame grind and progression, we got a winner.

I'm a sucker for ARPGs, I really am. I liked Lost Ark, until I didn't with the super hard raids I hated from WoW and the insane daily grinds.. but other than that, very fun and good ARPG/MMO game.
I have been patiently waiting for a game to sweep me off my feet in the ARPG genre, D4 might not be it, but its certainly looking interesting.

Path of Exile is too autistic for me, and the combat feels off even after such a long dev proces.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
It can be literal jpeg of shit instead of an actual game- blizztards will still buy it. Look at WoW for example.
They buy games such as CoD MWII sight unseen despite the fact it clearly launched too early and needed a delay.

The average consumer is basically becoming a caricature of the folks in the Ideocracy movie.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Funny but back in the day Blizzard games were benchmarks for polish

They ran well, had very few bugs

and ofc the famous "its done when its done"... No early access or other rubbish

So was Bioware.

So was Rockstar.

Those days are long gone are never coming back, sad to say...

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Which retard asked for intensive season support? This is the worst possible way to expand the game. I bet they would do seasons even if people begged them not to.

How well have online season based diablo clones done compared to mod based games?
And not gonna lie, most torchlight/grim dawn/titan content adding mods were dogshit. i mostly just used stuff like defiler for TQ to jack up the abysmal xp/item find rates. meanwhile seasonal content tends to be pretty good.
too autistic for me
I hope you're at least getting paid by Blitzshart

RPK

Scholar

Season support is absolutely the smartest decision to go with for a new ARPG, especially bearing the diablo name.

Lost ark is very similar to D4, despite being quite more leaning into classic MMORPG terrirory with raids n shit, but lost ark is very successful.

Path of Exile too, despite not really having the open world stuff, but alot of seasonal content.

Games as a live-service is here to stay, and it's great, if its executed properly.

Taking Diablo into open world MMO territory was always what was coming, and it should have been done in D3, which was also originally the intent.
If D4 can fuse the ARPG elements with openworld mmo to create an enganging game with good engame grind and progression, we got a winner.

I'm a sucker for ARPGs, I really am. I liked Lost Ark, until I didn't with the super hard raids I hated from WoW and the insane daily grinds.. but other than that, very fun and good ARPG/MMO game.
I have been patiently waiting for a game to sweep me off my feet in the ARPG genre, D4 might not be it, but its certainly looking interesting.

Path of Exile is too autistic for me, and the combat feels off even after such a long dev proces.
Nothing says one man fighting a nigh hopeless struggle against the forces of darkness, which is what the Diablo games should be... like playing an MMO.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Diablo hasn't felt like a near hopeless struggle after D1. The player massacres demons by the hundreds with ease. But ideally it should feel like a near hopeless struggle again.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Making this an open world "MMO lite" was the right decision and a natural progression of where diablo multiplayer was heading towards.

This is probably the only blizzard IP that Microsoft can be excited about.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I never sweat let alone bricks. There is nothing hardcore about pressing esc when you're about to die. The reason most people don't play self found is because it's boring.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Diablo 2 is easy!"
"Actually playing SP or solo self found is pretty damn hard"
"No you just press ESC and SP/solo is boring"

:nocountryforshitposters:
It's sort of like Participation Award: The Post.

"Every game is boring with Cheat Engine."
"The best part about playing ironman games is where you're about to die and then you quit out before you die so then you don't die. So EZ!"

Sykar

Arcane
I wonder if he even knows what a Multi lightning elite is and why it caused so much grief before they nerfed it. Or why Oblivion Knights casting IM did the same until they removed that from their arsenal. :lol:

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
So you're telling me hardcore players actually don't play with their left hand clutching around esc and they actually don't press esc when they're about to die, but rather let themselves die as they are about to be stunlocked to death? Like hardcore players never bring up playing hardcore at every opportunity?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom