Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
D2R can look like old 2D graphics because modern graphics allow you to depict detailed things unlike old 3D graphics which are so lacking in detail that they make everything look like blobs or vomit

Perkel

Arcane
are there any leaks on some unique items ? I saw their designs and i am interested if those are in game or they went with something else.

Hellion

Arcane
The beta so far plays a lot like a mix between Diablo 1 and Grim Dawn. Everything is really stripped down and minimal, both in regards to the special effects as well as character-monster appearence, no yuge-ass explosions or enormous swords wielded by bosses that are 3 stories high and have strobe lights all around them. Combat feels a lot more "heavy" and non-arcadey, too, compared to Diablo 3.

Allegedly.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
It seems like they're only showing low-level characters or basic skills. Movement and animations remind me of D3. Though it would be great if the game were more like D1.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Funny how they talk about maturity and still are so scared to show some tits. In a fucking game about demons.

Sykar

Arcane
Funny how they talk about maturity and still are so scared to show some tits. In a fucking game about demons.
Succubus then:
D1-mon-succubi.jpg

Succubus now:

:deathclaw:

It has arms attached behind its ears, with wings on the elbows of those arms. What? A succubus is supposed to be the embodiment of lust. A sin, a perversion of love, but alluring. This concept is like grimdark Dr. Suess. Also, what's with the hyper index finger? Everything about the concept is dumb.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It has arms attached behind its ears, with wings on the elbows of those arms. What? A succubus is supposed to be the embodiment of lust. A sin, a perversion of love, but alluring. This concept is like grimdark Dr. Suess. Also, what's with the hyper index finger? Everything about the concept is dumb.
That's only one interpretation of succubi.
And usually the one used to pretend you're not just thirsty.

I prefer the succubus variant that is actually a rather horrid demon and uses magic to trap her victims and fool them into thinking she's a beauty.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
imagine making a cool gothic ARPG, and instead of wanting to slay the foul demons, the sexless incel codex players just want to fuck the monsters instead.

Every day we stray further from God.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane

I prefer the succubus variant that is actually a rather horrid demon and uses magic to trap her victims and fool them into thinking she's a beauty.

Okay but then she would appear to the player as a beauty.

Let's not kid ourselves, the aesthetic choice here is not an accident. Literally every female character in Diablo 4 is "manned up".

I think the more horror-based aspect, especially around the face & horns could work as a contrast with a stereotypically attractive body. But the fact the face ends up being the prettiest part while it's supposed to be "scary" and the rest of the body is some horrifying steroidal accident is hilarious. It's not like you can't have horror and sexy at the same time. I mean holy fuck people sexualize cthulhu-style monstrosities. But it's blatantly obvious Blizzard does not want you finding any female "sexy" in the traditional sense.

Peachcurl

Arcane

Fair enough, but then they should model the respective shape change. From alluring beauty to horrible demon, e.g., when approaching or attacking the succubus.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
It's like the D1 succubus is out of work, can't afford decent lingerie anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom