Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Untitled.png

Takamori

Learned
It seems there is a memory leak issue with the game if you use max graphics, move everything to medium to avoid setting your pc on fire.

ADL

Prophet
Alright, I see. Keep us posted on what you think about the campaign, I am curious if the campaign is better this time around because it was dogshit in D3
Just finished Act I at level 18 which was significantly longer than expected. Very cinematic with lots of cutscenes and camera tricks that I can see getting annoying after multiple playthroughs but first run impressions are good. Mommy Lilith is a cool villain and the story feels fresh.

I'm a lot more optimistic about the story than I was playing D3. Don't remember much of D3 but I do remember being bored by Act II and feeling extremely relieved when it was over. Played through Adventure Mode for my Crusader when the expansion came out.

Takamori

Learned
Its not the best story telling in the world but at least so far I didn't feel physical pain like I did with D3 with their "Marvelesque" or Joss Wheadon diarrhea take on storytelling. We are back to a fucking miserable world full of demons and constant crusades and there is no ha ha Tyrael is now a human and have to learn how to eat how funny eckis dee.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw funny how in the priest murder scene wommyn is first to turn to darkness, then nigger and only then everyone else.

Yosharian

Arcane
Anyone that isn't limiting their frame rate via driver or some other method is just asking to fry their GPU. You can't rely on developers to do their jobs properly.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Turn_BASED

Educated
A review from one of my friends who is an ARPG addict and nolifes PoE:

I'll get my biases out of the way first: I like PoE more and will still play PoE unless this next league is another Archnemesis tier flop.

D4 is better than I thought. Let's get the bad out of the way:
Ui kinda sucks
Tile repetition is wild- this needs to be addressed
Good:
Combat feels great
Controller support feels great on PC
Sound design is great
There is actually more stats that are meaningful on gear at this low level than PoE. If someone tries going "hurrrrrr itemization" they didn't play this game and they're parroting something someone else said
The ability to take the shit out of leggos and reuse them means you can cobble together some interesting stuff even while leveling. I took this weapon and put its effect on a ring to add another 40% to monsters when I am above 75% HP legendary weapon. I then took the upgrade that makes ice shards act like the mob is frozen while I have a shield and the ice nova that freezes, and as long as one of the two is up I am Damageman.
Because you can save these; you can try out all kinds of stuff as you level.

Can't possibly know about endgame yet, and there is NO way it'll ever be up to stuff as the Atlas and Maps, but so far so good.

Senntinel

Novice
To the people complaining about the crap char customization and spell effects, how do you think they're gonna sell you cosmetics if the "free" stuff looks good

J1M

Arcane
The only thing I've noticed is the game uses a strangely high amount of VRAM, even more than something like Darktide on ultra+RT.
Which means that it suffers from the same VRAM leak that plagued Diablo 3 since their x64 release and they haven't even bothered to fix it for D4.
which means it's just reskinned d3.
You wish. It feels more like a reskinned Diablo Immortal.

I was shocked at how bad it was. Considering refunding my preorder.

ind33d

Learned
Do NOT play Diablo 4, people's GPUs are getting fried. Vsync is broken or something and the menu runs at like 5000 FPS until your computer dies

EDIT: Apparently someone mentioned it already. Blizzard is such an embarrassment

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom