Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Yosharian

Arcane
Almost 3k comments under the video, almost no positive ones. 'Refund' seems to be the most common word. Good!
I hopped on Twitch last night to see if I could find anyone talking about it

Found one dude, commented that it looked like Diablo Immortal, lots of other commentors were saying the same thing

His response was something like 'great, then it'll be familiar to me'

:despair:

ADL

Prophet
What the fuck did they do to make that footage look so terrible? Console UX aside, it looks like weird HDR capture issues or someone intentionally messed with the color grading in editing to make it look Like Diablo 3-II.

Also I got my pre-order code from Amazon DE instantly and immediately cancelled the pre-order without consequence. Was able to activate on PC no problem and my money wasn't touched. Guess I'm playing today.

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm genuinely amazed anyone is actually considering playing this. You people must be bored out of your fucking minds. Have Blizzard not shown that they are incompetent, money-grubbing fucks enough times over the last year or two?

I mean there has to be better games to play than this

Right?
Well I plan to play it after release if people say it is good (well if I can afford it at that time, with prices of basic shit like food going up every month who knows what will happen by summer) and there are no potentially better aRPG coming out. Maybe PoE2 but that is far away.
I don't imagine Diablo 4 appeals much to the PoE crowd. They are a special breed of autists. I vastly prefer D2R over PoE, just because of the ebb and flow of combat, simplicity whilst remaning engaging and fun, and just the sheer hack and slash feel.
I imagine Diablo 4 is much akin to that notion. Simplistic, yet insanely fun, polished and meaty fluent combat. Exactly what im looking for.

When I look at PoE i get headache from all the pixel vomit on the screen, and I don't have to write a PhD thesis and try builds n other shit that NEETS spend all day doing.
I primarily want D4 to succeed so that the GGG fags get a kick in the pants and actually release PoE2 with it not merely being same shit, new campaign, but a proper debloatization of the game and a return to the slower more methodical and lethal pace of its early expansions. Fuck the clear speed meta and the autists who enjoy it. Not to mention all the current retardation where you can't go two rooms without running into another progression system with its own currencies, hoops to jump through, bosses to unlock and obscure and mostly pointless rewards to win. That needs to go as well.

MPGA - Make PoE Great Again. And Diablo is just a tool for making that happen. So go Blizzard.

Yeah that's never going to happen because their whole business model is based on shoving a new system into the game every new season. It's like expecting 7/11 to stop being a convenience store.

ADL

Prophet
Too lazy to see if it was posted already but level 100 Barbarian gameplay leaked yesterday. Unfortunately I refreshed the page and it's gone but the clear speeds were really reasonable and combat looked much more involved than Path of Exile's AoE+teleport2win meta where maps are cleared in a minute or less.

Between Diablo 4 and Last Epoch, I hope one is successful enough to force GGG to slow down Path of Exile's endgame. I can tolerate thousands of currencies and league mechanics as lame as they are but the clear speeds aren't fun.

ADL

Prophet
I'm in. Hair during character customization was so bad, why even bother at that point? Eyebrows and beards look like pubes and clips through certain face variations.

ADL

Prophet
Does your game look about as bad as the video?
It did until I disabled HDR in Windows and in game because it made it far too bright. I'm in a frozen wilderness area right now that's pretty dark and moody, first dungeon interior looks really nice with the way torch light is bouncing off the stonework.

My character kinda looks like a plastic doll after switching around settings and I'm afraid to back out because queues.

ind33d

Learned
I'm in. Hair during character customization was so bad, why even bother at that point? Eyebrows and beards look like pubes and clips through certain face variations.
Why in the fuck does Diablo have character customization? That's like wanting to choose your penis size in DOTA. I hate Blizzard so much I can't sleep

randir14

Augur
I like it so far. Performance is surprisingly good, even better than D2 Resurrected. The game doesn't look bright and colorful like that co-op video from yesterday and you can turn off the damage numbers. Beat the first boss before getting disconnected and now I'm in a 40 minute queue.

Last edited:

Camel

Scholar
Almost 3k comments under the video, almost no positive ones. 'Refund' seems to be the most common word. Good!
Get two aging neckbeards with boring voices devoid of personality to advertise your game instead of pretty blonde bimbos. 15K dislikes vs ~4K likes.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I'd rather play the beta myself for 5-10 hours risk-free than "wait for impressions and reviews" and be restricted to a 2 hour refund window. Especially at launch where you'll spend most of it queueing and dealing with technical issues.

My friend and I lost connection and we're stuck in a 25 minute queue.

Yosharian

Arcane
What the fuck did they do to make that footage look so terrible? Console UX aside, it looks like weird HDR capture issues or someone intentionally messed with the color grading in editing to make it look Like Diablo 3-II.

Also I got my pre-order code from Amazon DE instantly and immediately cancelled the pre-order without consequence. Was able to activate on PC no problem and my money wasn't touched. Guess I'm playing today.
Wait what. So you got a beta code and then cancelled the pre-order?

Turn_BASED

Educated

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah Amazon.de if you pre-order a Playstation/Xbox copy of the game, you get a code instantly in your email but it's platform agnostic and can register it for Battle.net
Won't they get pissy at you for doing this?
I just did it and the CEO John Blizzard said he's going to rape me.
Duh I meant Amazon lol

ADL

Prophet
Yeah Amazon.de if you pre-order a Playstation/Xbox copy of the game, you get a code instantly in your email but it's platform agnostic and can register it for Battle.net
Duh I meant Amazon lol
I've been doing it for 15 years without issue. Don't worry about it too much.

Reinhardt

Arcane
just randomly clicked on jootube and watched how some fag slowly walking around your character sitting on stool for 2 minutes and explains some shit. ACTION! GOTHIC HORROR!

Perkel

Arcane
I like it so far. Performance is surprisingly good, even better than D2 Resurrected. The game doesn't look bright and colorful like that co-op video from yesterday and you can turn off the damage numbers. Beat the first boss before getting disconnected and now I'm in a 40 minute queue.

Because it looks like D2Resurected was released 6 years after D4. D2R looks miles better. Not just the detail but also lighting, materials.

I mean sorc spells look like shit.

-----------------

Overall for now i am pretty happy with where it is going. It is mish mash of D2 and D3 with D1 theme as they said they would do.

I am not too happy about weapons being locked to classes which seems to be just an effect of how classes are just different alltogether but other stuff is promising. I am just lvl 8 barb now so not far off from start

It's definitely unique approach to arpg classes. On one hand it dissallows all gear being used by every class but on other hand it allows better balancing as you don't need to care about race conditions while at the same time enabling stuff that otherwise would be broken. I wonder how it will go later on.

Yosharian

Arcane
Duh I meant Amazon lol
I've been doing it for 15 years without issue. Don't worry about it too much.
HMMMM I am quite tempted.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom