Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
All of the trailers have blackoids, but not a single chinkoid.

KFC has cut a deal with Blizzard to promote the game.

Interesting. Very interesting.
D'you reckon they stole enough PCs during those mostly peaceful protests to actually make a big enough target demographic for Blizzard to profit from this?

Turn_BASED

Educated
Does anyone remember The Dark mod for Diablo 1? Man that shit was hard and fun. I found myself going back to it after beating Diablo 2.

bloodlover

Arcane
The other thing that I could point out is that D2's campaign is actually fun and memorable where as D3's is a basically a boring roadblock to reaching endgame.

This is also a very common complaint when players talk about PoE. Endgame is fun as hell but getting there feels like a chore for most people.

Grim Dawn somehow managed to make a very fun campaign.

So with the idea that PoE and D3's campaigns are shit and GD and D2's are not, what would make a better/memorable/not want to fall sleep on my desk from boredom leveling experience? The only things that come to mind are gameplay and items , where it's fun even at low levels in GD/D2 but god awful untill you get set items, crafted gear, good rolls, whatever else in PoE and D3.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The other thing that I could point out is that D2's campaign is actually fun and memorable where as D3's is a basically a boring roadblock to reaching endgame.

This is also a very common complaint when players talk about PoE. Endgame is fun as hell but getting there feels like a chore for most people.

Grim Dawn somehow managed to make a very fun campaign.

So with the idea that PoE and D3's campaigns are shit and GD and D2's are not, what would make a better/memorable/not want to fall sleep on my desk from boredom leveling experience? The only things that come to mind are gameplay and items , where it's fun even at low levels in GD/D2 but god awful untill you get set items, crafted gear, good rolls, whatever else in PoE and D3.
That is not because PoE campaign is bad but because all good stuff is put into endgame. in PoE your builds become functional at lvl 80+ with a couple of items that you need to farm a bit of money to buy.
In D2 your build was more or less functional by the time you finished Nightmare difficulty. Also campaign was actually challenging on Hell difficulty.

ind33d

Learned
Should have made Hardcore mode the default and turned the series into a roguelike, but games journalists's herpes would flare up

covr

Prophet
Patron
So I've checked some random D3 video on yt taken from Xbox series X and D3 looks better: less floating numbers, names, warnings, etc.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
Anyone here actually expected it NOT to look like a cheap mobile game? It's modern day Blizzard, after all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom