Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Oh btw on maxed settings I had 24-28gb of ram usage and 12gb vram (my cards max, might even use more lmao). I know its a beta, but still... Probably some kind of memory leak.

Edit: Probably why people are experiecing so much stuttering now that I think about it.

I had to put textures and shadows down to medium to reduce the constant stutter. To be fair it still looks great.

8gb Vega and 32gb ram

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
After playing the beta for 2 days, mostly druid. Here are some of my thoughts.

Disclaimer: I played D2 a lot, I enjoyed the later iterations of D3, I absolutely detest PoE, Grim Dawn was okay.

PROS:
  • Talent trees: they're good, definite improvement over previous games, just wish there were more choices.
  • Gameplay: I'm enjoying it, I feel like the difficulty is in the right place, probably depends on the class as well. I'm playing hardcore and I did almost die quite a bit of times. Hope they don't lower it in the full game. Game is not balanced for melee though.
  • Visuals: Some are saying the graphics are gray on gray, but I like the grimdark graphics. Some ability effects feel a bit cheap and could be done better.
  • Cinematics: A lot of cinematics and cutscenes, so much voice acting. Every quest has a cutscene with voice acting, granted you can skip it. It's nice but it feels a bit out of place in a Diablo game.
  • Itemization: Very good, I like how the legendaries I got made me alter my build multiple times. I like the aspect system. Some legendaries I got:
mnM7h7M.png

CONS:
  • Always online: This is bullshit, I don't care about other players. I prefer the way D3 did it. Now you can actually meet other players on the map, it fucking sucks. With online comes the lag, with necromancers running around with 20 minions lagging the whole server. Great job Blizzard.
  • UI: Feels very consoly. Have to open map to open quest log, so fucking dumb. Open emote menu to teleport out of dungeon. Everything UI-wise feels a bit large.
  • MMO-lite: Quest markers everywhere. Everything is marked on the map. Fucking world bosses, what is this shit? Players emoting in the main hub. A lot of quest objectives are straight mmo garbage. Events on the map other players can join.
  • Content: Dungeons are very meh. Every dungeon is a locked door that has you do XY on the other side of the dungeon to open it, with a final boss behind it. One dungeon had a clear an X number of enemies to proceed, made me almost uninstall.

All in all a mixed bag not worth 70€. It does scratch that grindy aRPG itch though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
btw disconnects every second time i use town portal. probably because of other retards running in my city.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
At least Path of Exile only forces you to see other players in towns (and the rogue harbour). No idea what Blizz is thinking trying to shove other players randomly into the world.

Diablo isn't an MMO.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
At least Path of Exile only forces you to see other players in towns (and the rogue harbour). No idea what Blizz is thinking trying to shove other players randomly into the world.

Diablo isn't an MMO.
To make people see other people's fancy microtransaction stuff.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watching Asmongolds takes on this game has made me realized how much of a braindead, decline enabling normie he is sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like his content, but holy fuck.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Diablo isn't an MMO.
To make people see other people's fancy microtransaction stuff.

Path of Exile has the same goal. They apparently get enough MTX sales off of forcing people to view FPS destroying cosmetics in towns only.

I guess Blizzard is extra greedy.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Watching Asmongolds takes on this game has made me realized how much of a braindead, decline enabling normie he is sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like his content, but holy fuck.

He's also a full-blown Blizzard shill again. This comes after he swore off the company.

Wonder how much they paid him.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will say though, while I agree having players in the world is decline, I actually think having hubs is cool, and adds to the longevity of the game. Plus it's nice to be able to inspect other players builds.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
@Perkel i'm spitting in your lying eyes. MANY HARD AND TACTICOOL!
perkel plays games inside of the "perkel dimension" where rules are bent, minor details are extrapolated upon ad infinitum and common knowledge is ignored. He can never be trusted.
Diablo isn't an MMO.
It is now :troll:
Watching Asmongolds takes on this game has made me realized how much of a braindead, decline enabling normie he is sometimes.
Sometimes? He eats 2$ steaks, despite being a millionaire. The man is the avatar of trash taste.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh btw on maxed settings I had 24-28gb of ram usage and 12gb vram (my cards max, might even use more lmao). I know its a beta, but still... Probably some kind of memory leak.

Edit: Probably why people are experiecing so much stuttering now that I think about it.
I have zero problems on Xbox Series X. I guess PC are peasants for this game :P

ArchAngel

Arcane
downloaded short version in the night and played and tried sorceress and barbarian. Perkel i'm spitting in your lying eyes. MANY HARD AND TACTICOOL! you just grab smol pew-pew at lvl 2 and then bigger pew-pew 2 levels later and you are set. went chain lightning sorc and spin to win barb.

also lol at ENDGAME! DUNGEONS! cleared 5 dungeons with sorceress at random and 3 of them had SAME boss - green ghost thingy. 3 of 5. DIVERSE! also met two butchers during those 5 dungeons. at least he hits hard, so you sort of have to run as sorc. barb would probably just spin in his face.

Try it on necro. That shit is autopilot. Skeletons dogpile everything, you hold your attack, your attack, the skellies' attacks, and the things you kill all generate corpses... then spam corpse explosion. Everything dies.

The power of the classes from my experience was basically: Necromancer>>>>>>>>>>Sorc >> Druid >> Barbarian >= Rogue.
Kripp that played all 5 to 25 and outfitted them with gear says sorc>necro>>rogue>>>barb>>>>druid

ArchAngel

Arcane
That guy is a retard, go watch Peterson instead, your children will thank you

Talent trees: they're good, definite improvement over previous games
Fucking how?
diablo 2 synergies were more impactful than this
diablo 3 runes changing how entire skills worked or what they did was better than this
I simply cannot understand who the fuck designed the skill tree and thought "hmm yeah 3 resource if the enemy is stunned or 2% more damage on an enemy if it is caked in butter yeah this seems like a game changing choice here you go" was a good idea.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Talent trees: they're good, definite improvement over previous games
Fucking how?
diablo 2 synergies were more impactful than this
diablo 3 runes changing how entire skills worked or what they did was better than this
I simply cannot understand who the fuck designed the skill tree and thought "hmm yeah 3 resource if the enemy is stunned or 2% more damage on an enemy if it is caked in butter yeah this seems like a game changing choice here you go" was a good idea.
Okay I agree with D3, but it didn't have skill trees which I prefer, that's why I said I wish there were more choices. I swear all D2 characters were boring 1 mash button builds except necro. Here you at least have more skills to press.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Here you at least have more skills to press.
but why? as barb i've used rage gen skill, spin to win and one shout which i got from item. as sorceress - shitty lightning, better lightning and hydra after i've found legendary staff with +1 hydra summon. never needed more.

Yosharian

Arcane
I just switched to Arekk's tornado build and it fucking wrecks. Much nicer than the Werewolf build I was using. I think Druid is actually ok it's just a little reliant on Legendary effects to make it work really well.

The problem is that Necro (and Sorc I guess) was playtested by a 5 year old so everyone is comparing the other classes to them.

Anyway I hit level 20 so I think I'm done for now, I will probably buy it on release but they really need to fix the lag/stutter issues.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
downloaded short version in the night and played and tried sorceress and barbarian. Perkel i'm spitting in your lying eyes. MANY HARD AND TACTICOOL! you just grab smol pew-pew at lvl 2 and then bigger pew-pew 2 levels later and you are set. went chain lightning sorc and spin to win barb.

also lol at ENDGAME! DUNGEONS! cleared 5 dungeons with sorceress at random and 3 of them had SAME boss - green ghost thingy. 3 of 5. DIVERSE! also met two butchers during those 5 dungeons. at least he hits hard, so you sort of have to run as sorc. barb would probably just spin in his face.

Try it on necro. That shit is autopilot. Skeletons dogpile everything, you hold your attack, your attack, the skellies' attacks, and the things you kill all generate corpses... then spam corpse explosion. Everything dies.

The power of the classes from my experience was basically: Necromancer>>>>>>>>>>Sorc >> Druid >> Barbarian >= Rogue.
Kripp that played all 5 to 25 and outfitted them with gear says sorc>necro>>rogue>>>barb>>>>druid
I dunno man, my druid is oneshotting everything with landslide and it's really tanky. It's very legendary dependant, I'll say that, druid sucks without the right items. They should probably rebalance that.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Tried again this morning and it worked better until everyone else woke up. Stone Druid doesn't work too well, at least with the spec I chose, though I kind of assumed that this would bet he case. More damage against stunned / immobilized enemies, except such effects don't work on bosses (and I assume won't work on world bosses either). Without them you just do pitiful damage. I was chipping away at enemy HP while my friend's Necro just melted HP bars. I have a Unique weapon, too, so I can't imagine what it'd be like without one. The Vine Creeper is also an uglier spell effect / summon than in the original Diablo 2 LoD release, which is a shame. Also seems to be shit and useless again. When will my tentaclebro get what he's owed???

Seari

Arcane
Patron
I dunno why but the character models remind me of Mortal Kombat 11 models. Anyone else?

2AqE23x.png

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Diablo isn't an MMO.
It's clear this one was very inspired by Lost Ark even down to having a universal dodge and ultimates.
I dunno why but the character models remind me of Mortal Kombat 11 models. Anyone else?

2AqE23x.png
I can see it. Honestly armor design is probably one of the few good things I can say about the game.

Yosharian

Arcane
Tried again this morning and it worked better until everyone else woke up. Stone Druid doesn't work too well, at least with the spec I chose, though I kind of assumed that this would bet he case. More damage against stunned / immobilized enemies, except such effects don't work on bosses (and I assume won't work on world bosses either). Without them you just do pitiful damage. I was chipping away at enemy HP while my friend's Necro just melted HP bars. I have a Unique weapon, too, so I can't imagine what it'd be like without one. The Vine Creeper is also an uglier spell effect / summon than in the original Diablo 2 LoD release, which is a shame. Also seems to be shit and useless again. When will my tentaclebro get what he's owed???
Landslide feels horrible to use because of the casting time and it has shit area range. I don't recommend it

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Landslide feels horrible to use because of the casting time and it has shit area range. I don't recommend it
My landslide crits twice for 1k+, I feel kind of overpowered.

Yxlqods.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom