Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

J1M

Arcane
Talent trees: they're good, definite improvement over previous games
Fucking how?
diablo 2 synergies were more impactful than this
diablo 3 runes changing how entire skills worked or what they did was better than this
I simply cannot understand who the fuck designed the skill tree and thought "hmm yeah 3 resource if the enemy is stunned or 2% more damage on an enemy if it is caked in butter yeah this seems like a game changing choice here you go" was a good idea.
The design mandate was clearly that those points not be impactful and the interface to be viable on a smartphone. Vulnerable condition only gives 20% extra damage, for example.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Watching Asmongolds takes on this game has made me realized how much of a braindead, decline enabling normie he is sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like his content, but holy fuck.
He was always a braindead retard; the perfect depiction of the addicted blizzdrone. He complains about Blizzard year after year yet still pays them thousands of dollars each year to keep his addiction going.

Ryzer

Arcane
Watching Asmongolds takes on this game has made me realized how much of a braindead, decline enabling normie he is sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I like his content, but holy fuck.
He was always a braindead retard; the perfect depiction of the addicted blizzdrone. He complains about Blizzard year after year yet still pays them thousands of dollars each year to keep his addiction going.
So in another word, he is a Codexer.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So in another word, he is a Codexer.

Yeah, no. He actaully make money of it while we waste it on ourselves in here.

Reinhardt

Arcane
started necro, summoned skellingtons, reached level 8, still same skellingtons summoned at the start of the game. many taktikool, very danger. tho one of them was at ~50% health once.

Ryzer

Arcane
Reinhardt : This gayme is so awful, and easy and kind of shitty
Also Reinhardt: Hey guys I tried again my 156th playthrough on Diablo 4 playing the X class and guess what it sux.

Rhobar121

Scholar
started necro, summoned skellingtons, reached level 8, still same skellingtons summoned at the start of the game. many taktikool, very danger. tho one of them was at ~50% health once.
The only time they can die is during boss fights with aoe melee

Perkel

Arcane
Talent trees: they're good, definite improvement over previous games
Fucking how?
diablo 2 synergies were more impactful than this
diablo 3 runes changing how entire skills worked or what they did was better than this
I simply cannot understand who the fuck designed the skill tree and thought "hmm yeah 3 resource if the enemy is stunned or 2% more damage on an enemy if it is caked in butter yeah this seems like a game changing choice here you go" was a good idea.

I would agree with that criticism if this was all there is. But skill tree is just one part of much more systems that live on each other.
Skill tree points are going for BASE stuff. So base life, base mana, base skill power etc.
So while 3-5% doesn't sound like a lot it starts to matter when you consider that you will be multiplying that base over something and then you can accompany it with gear.

So first you have legendary powers that take your base and do something with it.
Then you have paragon board which will further introduce stuff.
Then there is rune system that is kind of like poe support system where you can do X when Y happens etc.

Didn't D2 allow you to kill other players and take their stuff? What happened to that?

Your gear are just stat sticks a la D3 and although you might be running around with a bunch of weapons, you don't actually use any of them unless you train the appropriate attack skill. Have a bow on your back? You'll never use it if you're a melee guy, even to plink. Respec to be a bow guy? Well, now your sword is basically a strangely placed belt buckle. I hate that shit.
I'm guessing those options in the transmog system should've allowed you to make the stat sticks invisible but it seems bugged.

Reinhardt

Arcane
barbarian - chaos warrior, sorceress - gypsy dancer, rogue - hobo, necro girl - no boobs. only druid left.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just switched to Arekk's tornado build and it fucking wrecks. Much nicer than the Werewolf build I was using. I think Druid is actually ok it's just a little reliant on Legendary effects to make it work really well.

The problem is that Necro (and Sorc I guess) was playtested by a 5 year old so everyone is comparing the other classes to them.

Anyway I hit level 20 so I think I'm done for now, I will probably buy it on release but they really need to fix the lag/stutter issues.
I got my Druid to 25, tried all kind of combinations, settled on using Landslide to kill stuff as everything else does bad damage.
Then I got legendary one handed weapon that turns Tornadoes into homing missiles and switched to Tornados and it seems like best build for now.
I am not using any ultimate skills as their cooldowns are bonkers and they are not nearly strong enough to be worth 3 uses of other cooldown skills.

Also I switched back to normal difficulty from Veteran at about lvl 20 because Druid damage cannot keep up. Also I do not need bonus xp or gold.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Tried again this morning and it worked better until everyone else woke up. Stone Druid doesn't work too well, at least with the spec I chose, though I kind of assumed that this would bet he case. More damage against stunned / immobilized enemies, except such effects don't work on bosses (and I assume won't work on world bosses either). Without them you just do pitiful damage. I was chipping away at enemy HP while my friend's Necro just melted HP bars. I have a Unique weapon, too, so I can't imagine what it'd be like without one. The Vine Creeper is also an uglier spell effect / summon than in the original Diablo 2 LoD release, which is a shame. Also seems to be shit and useless again. When will my tentaclebro get what he's owed???
Landslide feels horrible to use because of the casting time and it has shit area range. I don't recommend it
I'm using it because smashing enemies with rocks is kind of satisfying, but yea the spells are pretty crappy if I look at the objective utility of it. Hitting fast moving targets like succubus is also a bit of a pain with the Stone spells. Overall they are shit and I'm not sure what purity of crack the designers were smoking when they designed these spells because it must've been some bad shit, but at least the animation and sound departments nailed it.

Reinhardt

Arcane
rogue is probably worst class. looks like hobo and no awesome button. even her skills are hobo skills.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I got my Druid to 25, tried all kind of combinations, settled on using Pulverize to kill stuff as everything else does bad damage.
Then I got legendary one handed weapon that turns Tornadoes into homing missiles and switched to Tornados and it seems like best build for now.
I am not using any ultimate skills as their cooldowns are bonkers and they are not nearly strong enough to be worth 3 uses of other cooldown skills.

Also I switched back to normal difficulty from Veteran at about lvl 20 because Druid damage cannot keep up. Also I do need bonus xp or gold.
The difference between switching from Druid to Sorc is night and day. Sure, I could probably get Druid to do decent damage if I find the right legendary, or I can just spam one button on sorc and clear screens away without a second thought. And this is without mentioning how fucked up you are if you play melee as every boss in this game likes to stay in a puddle of his own shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom