Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

abija

Prophet
Saravan
1. The irreplaceable item is a issue just in your head. I already told you it's better than in d2 because you might actually get a better version of that irreplaceble item in your build, of which there are a few
2. It's still a "not exactly like d2 so shit" issue
3. It HAS nothing to do with level scaling. Nothing stops the devs from adding a lvl 20 item that only drops on WT1 and WT2 and it's the best item ever.
4. A lot of legendary powers/aspects already don't care about level, so a good drop early might be usefull in endgame.

JFC here we go again. Level scaling in this game is designed to work in tandem with drops, so when you level up the item level range of what you can receive goes up. This means that you have exactly one shot at getting items for alts during your level progression.
Are you referring to the fact that in WT3 and WT4 items are set to your level? That's just a "hack" to let you use any item that drops in that difficulty, even if you get a perfect max ilvl roll at lvl 60 when you just entered WT4. No idea if intended or not but hat also makes those lucky rolls extremely valuable to trade.
Still nothing to do with level scaling, just their decision to let you use higher ilvl gear than you should (if lucky enough to get the drop).

spectre

Arcane
So you're saying I should quit having fun? Fuck off, I got some 70 yuros worth of sunken cost fallacy to work through.

You will never have a situation where something the equivalent of a frostburn drops for you in the game during 'normal' difficulty to then have that piece of equipment with you for a long time because of how useful it is.
So far, I fully respecc'd two characted builds because of item drops pre level 50, so those felt pretty meaningful, but that might be just me.
For what I've seen, a well-rolled Aspect can stay with you for a bit. Build-defining uniques are also still there.

It's also means that by design, the items are perpetually replaced until you reached the highest item tier because everything else is made useless as you go.
I kept a level 37 ring on for something like 20 levels because it rolled nicely for my current build and the rngjesus wasn't kind for that particular slot.

Not sure what you're getting at here? You don't want to replace items? I thought that was the appeal - there's always a chance for something better to drop,
otherwise there's no point to the slot machine.

All you are doing is chasing higher affix rolls for 100 levels.
I thought that's essentially what we're here for, always chasing for that perfect roll within the given range.
I'm starting to feel you don't really like those ARPGames, mang.

Retarded thinking btw to think people want carbon copy of D2/PoE.
Then maybe those people should stop arguing like it's exactly what they wanted?

Saravan

Savant
Saravan
1. The irreplaceable item is a issue just in your head. I already told you it's better than in d2 because you might actually get a better version of that irreplaceble item in your build, of which there are a few
2. It's still a "not exactly like d2 so shit" issue
3. It HAS nothing to do with level scaling. Nothing stops the devs from adding a lvl 20 item that only drops on WT1 and WT2 and it's the best item ever.
4. A lot of legendary powers/aspects already don't care about level, so a good drop early might be usefull in endgame.

JFC here we go again. Level scaling in this game is designed to work in tandem with drops, so when you level up the item level range of what you can receive goes up. This means that you have exactly one shot at getting items for alts during your level progression.
Are you referring to the fact that in WT3 and WT4 items are set to your level? That's just a "hack" to let you use any item that drops in that difficulty, even if you get a perfect max ilvl roll at lvl 60 when you just entered WT4. No idea if intended or not but hat also makes those lucky rolls extremely valuable to trade.
Still nothing to do with level scaling, just their decision to let you use higher ilvl gear than you should (if lucky enough to get the drop).

1. Literally irrelevant to what I'm saying. I'm not saying that you should be able to get BIS items during early game only that good itemisation offers longetivity to items being found across the entire game, not just endlessly salvaging shit until you hit highest item bracket.
2. Retarded take. Not a problem in Grim Dawn, LE or PoE either.
3. Has everything to do with it. Blizzard is never going to do that, lmao the coping. This system is here to make sure every retarded casual with 5 minutes to play the game every 2 years can always feel relevant regardless of who they group up with. It's to maximize group play and ultimately sales.
4. That's limited to aspects, completely barebones.

spectre I really don't give a shit how much or for how long you have fun with the game. We are talking about the systems of the game. Chasing higher affix rolls for 100 levels is not how good itemisation works in other ARPGs. That's the symptom of a shit system. In this case many bad things working together: level scaling, homogenized stat priority (e.g. everyone needs cooldown reduction, resource generation and vulernability) and having only 4 affixes to items.

abija

Prophet
1. It's literally what happens in this game, yet you refuse to believe it/accept it.
2. Grim Dawn has the rares/uniques/legendaries that get upgrades in higher difficulties. (they actually copied a lot from GD, you're just too busy on hating to notice it)
3. The system is done so rares and their rolls are meaningful and you actually check the stats on rares/legendaries whole game.
4. Here we go again, same functionality, different type of item it's suddenly "barebones" because, guess what, it's not like D2.

Saravan

Savant
1. It's literally what happens in this game, yet you refuse to believe it/accept it.
2. Grim Dawn has the rares/uniques/legendaries that get upgrades in higher difficulties. (they actually copied a lot from GD, you're just too busy on hating to notice it)
3. The system is done so rares and their rolls are meaningful and you actually check the stats on rares/legendaries whole game.
4. Here we go again, same functionality, different type of item it's suddenly "barebones" because, guess what, it's not like D2.
I think we are done here, you seem to live in a reality that is objectively false to the game. Is this some stage 4 buyer's remorse or something?

spectre

Arcane
Bye.

When it comes to entertainment, it's objectively better to have fun than not have fun.
I understand that you didn't and I'm not really trying to convince you that you should.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I thought shit was supposed to stop scaling in wt2 after you hit level 50. I'm level 51 so why are the strongholds still two levels higher than me? God I hate those fucking things. They are so cheap.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
One thing i dont get from this discussion, correct me if i am wrong - those guys leveled in a group, cba to even buy random vendor shit in the rat race to max level, fell behind the gear curve for what, 30 lvls or something and now cant play because killing mobs is teh hard due to shit gear?

Now if i was playing lets say Phoenix Point, and dicked around without upgrading my gear while time ticked on, then got my shit pushed from higher tier mobs and came here to complain you would rightfully call me a retard. How is that different from the D4 situation? Genuinely interested.

Now I am lvl 50 atm, just got my first paragon point, I try to upgrade my gear every 5 lvls or so on average, depends on what i find, had some nice unique drops too, dismantled some as well, and i am actually having a decent time.
Its not like i am reliving my youth again playing Diablo 1 and 2, but its...good?
You are comparing apples and oranges now. Look at my previous post where I explain how GOOD Diablo like design works.

No I am not, in the end its the same IMO.

abija

Prophet
I think we are done here, you seem to live in a reality that is objectively false to the game. Is this some stage 4 buyer's remorse or something?
I think the game fails where it matters the most, that they have designers that pissed away amounts of art/programming/qa work small studios would only dream off.
That doesn't change the fact that you spew random irrelevant bullshit and invent issues where there aren't any (or take them from whatever streamer ).

Saravan

Savant
I think the game fails where it matters the most, that they have designers that pissed away amounts of art/programming/qa work small studios would only dream off.
That doesn't change the fact that you spew random irrelevant bullshit and invent issues where there aren't any (or take them from whatever streamer ).
Have to say, the most delusional take I heard all week is that "D4 copied a lot from Grim Dawn".

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Pretty fun game, so far. Never played a diablo clone that I didn't abandon due to boredom about half way into the game (including Grim Dawn, Victor Vran, and the one with ancient Greek mythology), let's see if a Diablo sequel will hold my attention all the way through.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
100% anecdotal but.. I joined a random normie clan and the first thing I read in the chat was all of them bitching how boring D4 is and how level scaling is unfun.
This is new for me.. I am used to Blizzard Drones shilling every piece of excrement that drops out from this company.

This actually gives me hope... If season 1 resets 90% of your progress and it has nothing interesting gameplay wise.. I think this game might just die. lol

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
100% anecdotal but.. I joined a random normie clan and the first thing I read in the chat was all of them bitching how boring D4 is and how level scaling is unfun.
This is new for me.. I am used to Blizzard Drones shilling every piece of excrement that drops out from this company.

This actually gives me hope... If season 1 resets 90% of your progress and it has nothing interesting gameplay wise.. I think this game might just die. lol
The level scaling can be fixed if it becomes that big of an issue. The game isn't dieing, get over it.

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sacred was cool, though somewhat janky ARPG. Also check Last Epoch - it is gud and its systems are promising. D4 is full stop decline made by dangerhairs for dangerhairs (or retarded alcoholics).

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sacred was cool, though somewhat janky ARPG. Also check Last Epoch - it is gud and its systems are promising. D4 is full stop decline made by dangerhairs for dangerhairs (or retarded alcoholics).
I still cannot believe they made all 5 classes just different colors of same shit.
Even D2 has more variance in playstyle than this casual shit

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I still cannot believe they made all 5 classes just different colors of same shit.
Even D2 has more variance in playstyle than this casual shit
Horse armor, season pass, level scaling, always online? Get off my lane lol. I am playing D2R and Last Epoch ATM.

Ryzer

Arcane
Ten bucks says that Liberal is playing the fat female druid.
I've made it very clear that I never play as a female in any video games.
936full-lara-croft-tomb-raider-anniversary-cover.jpg

EGS_TombRaiderGAMEOFTHEYEAREDITION_CrystalDynamics_S2_1200x1600-a700eac197c57b46cfc99a08b1d62589

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom