Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Zlaja

Arcane
I thought shit was supposed to stop scaling in wt2 after you hit level 50

The enemies and strongholds will keep scaling with you regardless if you switch to tier 3 or not. What WILL stop scaling at LV.50 in tier 2 are items that enemies drop. That's why it's recommended to finish the campaign and switch to tier 3 before you level too much beyond LV.50.

Anyway, my LV.48 Barb just met the Butcher for the first time. He showed up in one of those cellars and my Barb prevailed. Was down to 0 heals, so it was a close fight. Not much can challenge me anymore at tier 2, so I'm trying to finish the campaign ASAP.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lol yeah some of these stronghold bosses are just bogus. You need a party to beat some of them. It's a joke. Like Rashka and the Kor Dragan dude, once they start summoning enemies it's game over solo. Not even a case of git good. Just retarded game design. I lowered the world tier and I still can't beat Rashka.

spectre

Arcane
Ten bucks says that Liberal is playing the fat female druid.
e3c17f7855d0e1c28bc8ed36da035ebdfcbc972f482d42e6f3912c47d4e1d140_1.jpg

You need a party to beat some of them.
Lol man, just make a proper build and start using aspects. Apply Frozen + Vulnerability with Frost Nova then everything just melts from all the +% damage to vulnerable/chilled/crowd controlled.
Or put a Frost bolt on passive and everything now starts to apply chill, which also counts as crowd controlled.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've spent $75 on cosmetics so far. Got some nice armor cosmetics for the barb and necro and also some additional stuff for my sorce. Come at me bro!
You need a button where you are removed from access to your money when you start drinking..

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've spent $75 on cosmetics so far. Got some nice armor cosmetics for the barb and necro and also some additional stuff for my sorce. Come at me bro!
You need a button where you are removed from access to your money when you start drinking..
I gotta look good for when the first season starts, okay? I wanna look my most frabjous.

On another note, I don't think I've seen anybody acknowledge this, but this game has the finest horse riding mechanics I've ever seen and it needs to be said. Take the recent example of Zelda TotK, my personal goty, has the worst horse riding I have ever witnessed. Riding a horse in TotK is a nightmare. Witcher 3's was better but still not very good. Elden Ring's horse riding was pretty decent, the best of that bunch. But D4 blows them all away in that regard. It feels so smooth and natural. This game deserves massive praise for it's horse riding mechanics. They are absolutely stellar. GOAT horse riding.

abija

Prophet
I don't think I've seen anybody acknowledge this, but this game has the finest horse riding mechanics I've ever seen and it needs to be said.
When you take the trolling 1000 steps too far.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wanna look my most frabjous.
no one will see you, because everyone advanced to higher difficulties.
No one will see your fancy doodads because everyone's running around in mob explosions in isometric perspective. But at least you'll be able to know that you're better than the others whose outfits you also can't see, since you helped pay some random rich dickhead's dividends.

Peachcurl

Arcane
I don't think I've seen anybody acknowledge this, but this game has the finest horse riding mechanics I've ever seen and it needs to be said.
I'm not trolling. Riding horses in games is usually something I dread. It always feels sluggish.
You're not wrong about that part. But have you ever tried something like Mount & Blade?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'm not trolling. Riding horses in games is usually something I dread. It always feels sluggish. It's like a chore. Not so here.
Sacred has decent mounted combat.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You can also pick up items while mounted. That's pretty huge. In Totk you have to dismount evertime you walk to pick up an item. I can't remember if it was like that in Witcher 3 or Elden Ring but D4 has that shit locked down tight. You pick up things just as you would on foot.

spectre

Arcane

Mortmal

Arcane
Lol yeah some of these stronghold bosses are just bogus. You need a party to beat some of them. It's a joke. Like Rashka and the Kor Dragan dude, once they start summoning enemies it's game over solo. Not even a case of git good. Just retarded game design. I lowered the world tier and I still can't beat Rashka.
I melt them solo on world tier 4 , you need better items and build. Same for nightmare dungeons no issues at all. You need uniques and build centered around them.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I melt them solo on world tier 4 , you need better items and build. Same for nightmare dungeons no issues at all. You need uniques and build centered around them.
Yeah I realized that sticking around in the lower tiers is just making things more difficult in the long run. When I get off work tonight I'm beelining through the main quest and doing the capstone dungeon. I wish I had done that before level 50. Now I'm going to being facing stronger monsters with subpar gear.

Arbiter

Scholar
The level scaling can be fixed if it becomes that big of an issue.

Yeah I realized that sticking around in the lower tiers is just making things more difficult in the long run. When I get off work tonight I'm beelining through the main quest and doing the capstone dungeon. I wish I had done that before level 50. Now I'm going to being facing stronger monsters with subpar gear.

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom