Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Peachcurl

Arcane
I know how to do that you dope. I have videos uploaded on my channel that I recorded on my ps5. Just uploaded some a couple days ago infact. Problem with that is I can't provide commentary that way. My commentary is important.
You should be able to activate the inclusion of microphone audio in record settings somewhere.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
scotty_hellocomputer.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Case in point:

This is why I'm the fucking leader of this crew.

You recorded widescreen gameplay with your phone in portrait orientation

Yeah nitpick trivial crap and just totally ignore the fact I defeated a boss with one hand while sipping beer, vaping, and recording with the other.

Yeah, SDG has to do everything one handed.

Because of... drinking and vaping. Yeah... :smug:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Diablo IV declared Sawyerist:

Soyer is right tho

His design philosophy is that attributes are pointless, anyone can be anything, and attribute pts give you +0.03% of something

so despite being totally different games, this is one of the reasons why system-wise BOTH pillars and Diablo 4 suck ass

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
He is wrong on the first part, there was no design change between D3 and D4 about attributes. Also attributes in Pillars don't fallow the same design as Diablo 3/4 where each class has main stat that give damage and other give different bonuses. In Pillars all stats are static and give the same bonus (not to mention that at release Perception was the best attribute for any class as it gave Accuracy) so he is also wrong in the second part, D3/4 don't fallow his design philosophy at all. lol

Mortmal

Arcane
Not a sawyerist design philosophy at all, it's not rare to find 50% damage bonus on the paragon table, +10% all over the places,then glyphs giving 100% more to stats, nothing like shitty character skill tree with 0.1% gains in pillar of eternity.

Ryzer

Arcane
YASSSS I gained 3 damage out of my 1100+ damage sword by enabling the melee skill SO COOL.

Saravan

Savant
There are 2 types of people in this thread:

- those playing Diablo IV and mostly having fun
- those who don't have it and are whining about how terrible it is
Look at the mental capacity of this lineup. First you got the unhinged vlogger who is rambling into the void, you got the retard who genuinely thinks D4 was inspired by Grim Dawn and then there is you, and well, where the fuck do I even begin.

spectre

Arcane
There are 2 types of people in this thread:

- those playing Diablo IV and mostly having fun
- those who don't have it and are whining about how terrible it is
It's not possible to pirate it, online drm, so you bet people will keep whining about how terrible it is.
https://d4reflection.org
Supposedly worked for D3, which I don't care about. Never used it myself, not sure if it also mines bitcoin.

Hey listen, I got no dog in the fight, I always consider Diablo-type games to be inherently limited compared to full proper RPGs, just because clicking gets tiring after a while.

With that said, I played Diablo, Diablo 2, Titan Quest, Path of Exile, etc, so I am familiar with the subgenre, and having played Diablo IV for a few weeks now, I tell you objectively, it's a good game (for its genre).

It combines good complexity where it matters (builds, shit to invest into and craft, world events) with good aesthetics.

abija

Prophet
you got the retard who genuinely thinks D4 was inspired by Grim Dawn
Yeah, such a huge leap. You are in an area that seems cloned from a GD high level side zone and you think to yourself: there's no way a standup company like Blizzard would take inspiration from some indie game in same genre. I'm also sure nobody there would have looked at GD to see if having end tree exclusive skills can work. Or how most skills have a modifier.
It's 100% impossible D4 team was inspired by elements from GD. The guy that sees all games as diff vs d2 said so.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom