Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
They literally invented an entire subgenre. And PoE copied them first.
:retarded:

Are you twelve? Where did this guy come from? Diablo is just dumbed-down Rogue.

Rogue -> Diablo
Warhammer -> Warcraft
Warhammer 40k -> Starcraft
Team Fortress -> Overwatch
RC Pro-Am -> Rock-n-roll Racing
Prince of Persia -> Blackthorne
(WoW is obvious)

Blizzard doesn't make genres, they copy them. The only original idea they had was Three Vikings.
You sound like that one special douche bag who always shows up in conversations about Resident Evil and survival horror. "Hur dur, wesident evwil dint invent surviva horor. Alone in da dark was made first, DUUUURRRR".

Let me be very clear here. Nobody gives a fuck about Alone in the Dark and nobody sure as shit doesn't give a fuck about Rogue, whatever the hell that is. Those games are not special. Do you also credit Kill.Switch for popularizing cover shooters? Fuckin edgelord contrarian.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I looked up Rogue. Yes, I can see the resemblance to Diablo 1.

220px-Rogue_Screen_Shot_CAR.png

Looks super duper appealing. I've been living my life all wrong. How could I have possibly passed up on THAT!

abija

Prophet

Zeriel

Arcane
There are 2 types of people in this thread:

- those playing Diablo IV and mostly having fun
- those who possess an IQ level necessary to breathe automatically

Fixed that for you. Having played it quite a bit and still playing it (I know I know, I'm the retard here for doing that), it is markedly worse than D3, and more than that, worse than every other Diablo title. It's actually impressive how bad it is mechanically. The only thing it has going for it is visual production values.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

View attachment 37753
'Blizzard North' did. 'Blizzard' is an entirely different studio that had no clue on how to create a Diablo game, which is why Diablo 3 was the piece of shit that it was.
This isn't the same Blizzard that made Diablo 3. I've gone over this.

Zeriel

Arcane

View attachment 37753
'Blizzard North' did. 'Blizzard' is an entirely different studio that had no clue on how to create a Diablo game, which is why Diablo 3 was the piece of shit that it was.

Yeah, but that's the problem. The Blizzard that made Diablo 4 is even worse and less competent than the one that made D3. They've literally forgotten how to do the basic things they got right in D3, leaving the game a hollow shell.

Yosharian

Arcane
I've played D4 up to level 20 and it is in no way shape or form anywhere near as shit as D3 up to that point. I can't comment on anything past that as frankly I found D3 so fucking shit that I lost all interest quite rapidly, but it is a HUGE improvement on that game in all the ways that are immediately obvious for the first 10 hours or whatever.

Graphics, atmosphere, story, presentation, music, sfx, etc, that kind of thing.

Zeriel

Arcane
I've played D4 up to level 20 and it is in no way shape or form anywhere near as shit as D3 up to that point. I can't comment on anything past that as frankly I found D3 so fucking shit that I lost all interest quite rapidly, but it is a HUGE improvement on that game in all the ways that are immediately obvious for the first 10 hours or whatever.

You're basically at the point right before the bottom falls out. By level 25 you've seen 99% of what the game has to offer. After level 25, how your character plays doesn't change whatsoever, end-game and all content after level 25 is just repeating what you've already seen over and over, etc. I could go on, but that's the gist of it.

Yosharian

Arcane

You're basically at the point right before the bottom falls out. By level 25 you've seen 99% of what the game has to offer. After level 25, how your character plays doesn't change whatsoever, end-game and all content after level 25 is just repeating what you've already seen over and over, etc. I could go on, but that's the gist of it.
That's totally fair, I can't comment on the rest of the game.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

View attachment 37753

Yeah, but that's the problem. The Blizzard that made Diablo 4 is even worse and less competent than the one that made D3.
You're a fucking dipshit. You clearly haven't played D4 and if you did and you truly believe 3 is better you are a terrible fucking person and you are a decline enabling asshole piece of shit. If that is the case you need to leave this hobby forever. Never voice your opinion again and swan dive into a ceptic tank used by hundreds of people. Your post has legit disgusted me.

Zeriel

Arcane

View attachment 37753

Yeah, but that's the problem. The Blizzard that made Diablo 4 is even worse and less competent than the one that made D3.
You're a fucking dipshit. You clearly haven't played D4 and if you did and you truly believe 3 is better you are a terrible fucking person and you are a decline enabling asshole piece of shit. If that is the case you need to leave this hobby forever. Never voice your opinion again and swan dive into a ceptic tank used by hundreds of people. Your post has legit disgusted me.

I'm sorry you're mentally disabled, but that's not my problem. Learn to differentiate game mechanics from pretty visuals. The inability to do so is ironically, far more decline than anything I could imagine. You're an actual console babby.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

View attachment 37753

I'm sorry you're mentally disabled, but that's not my problem. Learn to differentiate game mechanics from pretty visuals. The inability to do so is ironically, far more decline than anything I could imagine. You're an actual console babby.
Selective reader. I've praised far more than the visuals. I've talked about the tone, the writing, the companions, the non-woke shit, the challenge, and on and on and on and on. There is not one single thing D3 does better than this game. Not one god damned thing. You either haven't played D4 or you really believe what you're saying and you need to be put in a nursing home.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Zeriel is clearly special. Let's take it easy on the poor thing.

ArchAngel

Arcane

View attachment 37753

Selective reader. I've praised far more than the visuals. I've talked about the tone, the writing, the companions, the non-woke shit, the challenge, and on and on and on and on. There is not one single thing D3 does better than this game. Not one god damned thing. You either haven't played D4 or you really believe what you're saying and you need to be put in a nursing home.
Writing is similar shit. Instead of pathetic female Diablo we got a pathetic Lilith. Instead of Leah, we got this new insert girl. Instead of random stupid Cain death we get that random Duran (or whatever his name is) dude death. Instead of group of jerk angels he get one jerk Angel.
And quests are same shit of fetch shit and running around the map for no reason except to waste our time.

Zeriel

Arcane

View attachment 37753

What non-woke shit? This game is more woke than D3, by a huge avalanche. (Not that that's surprising, D3 came out in 2012, which was when the woke mind disease was really starting to go mainstream, and most of the game was developed long before that.) Only thing I can think of in D3 that might stand out is Tyrael being a dindu. Meanwhile in this game literally every character you are supposed to relate to and the narrative treats with kid gloves is an ethnic. All whites are evil, or have to suffer nobly for their White Sickness. Any remotely religious character is treated as having an indelible sin for it, and vice versa, being a cannibal is fine as long as you are a lesbian asian.

I don't want to specifically criticize the story too much since that stuff is highly subjective, but I found it godawful. Almost every "big moment" hits with the impact of a deflating balloon. The only good parts are largely down to production value and take place in cinematics. Especially egregious is the misuse of characters from previous games. The lesser evils come and go so poorly that after instantly killing Andariel and Duriel you're left with the whiplash of, "Wait, that was them?" Random affix elites have a more memorable encounter than them.

Oh yeah, I guess we have to hand it to them for making the black priestess "evil". I suppose her goddamned evangelism overrode her black privilege. Come to think of it, maybe the staff just has tons of asians? The game does seem to have an absurdly high amount of female lesbian or asexual asians who all talk the same way.

Saravan

Savant

At around lvl 25-30 your build will effectively be the same for the rest of the game. Same skill rotation etc.

No diss at you Yosharian, but it's really telling when people keep saying it's an improvement over D3. It's such a meaningless comparison. Anything is better than D3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom