Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Mortmal

Arcane
Eat it @King Crispy. Now what huh? HUH BITCH?
I'm banning you from this thread for two weeks for spamming it with stupid videos.
Dont ! Those videos are very helpful, educational, now whenever my nephew or any kid in the family say he/she dont want to study and wants to become a youtuber , i will show him SDG youtube channel and say :" You want to become like this guy, spend your life in amazon warehouse and make cringe videos filming your monitor widescreen gameplay with your phone in portrait orientation? and get 200 views ? Really ?!"

Hell, I wish this game was interesting enough to discuss. No matter where you go there's a 50/50 split on people calling the game trash and people trying to convince themselves it isn't trash. There's just nothing to the game and that was obvious to me after the first 30 levels. I dropped $100 on the autistic edition thinking there was more to it after the dreadful beta, but nope.

How they thought they would retain players with this casual, brain dead slop is beyond me.

abija

Prophet
25 lvls in beta wasn't a clear picture... had to drop $100 and see the light after 30 lvls in full game...
Keep up the monocled attitude...

25 lvls in beta wasn't a clear picture... had to drop $100 and see the light after 30 lvls in full game...
Cope harder.

I gave the game several chances and it failed to win me over. All of my buddies I was playing with also fell off. Game is trash and I’m just here for the show.

abija

Prophet
Point was: if you couldn't figure it out in the beta content you should keep your trap shut and don't pretend you have any critical thinking ability.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Cope harder.

I gave the game several chances and it failed to win me over. All of my buddies I was playing with also fell off. Game is trash and I’m just here for the show.
Your "friends". You mean those stuffed animals on your bed that have the holes cut out of their bottom parts? I'm having a blast with the game. My days at work are now fucking longer because I can't wait to get back home and play more glorious Diablo 4. High quality ARPGs like this only come around once in a blue moon, unless you're From Software who churns them out on a regular basis.

I also don't believe you own the game. Gonna need to see some proof.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
SDG, honest question: are you drinking less since starting to play the game?

Seriously, if you are, that's good. Whatever keeps your nose clean, as the saying goes.

Cope harder.

Your "friends". You mean those stuffed animals on your bed that have the holes cut out of their bottom parts? I'm having a blast with the game. My days at work are now fucking longer because I can't wait to get back home and play more glorious Diablo 4. High quality ARPGs like this only come around once in a blue moon, unless you're From Software who churns them out on a regular basis.

I also don't believe you own the game. Gonna need to see some proof.
No one takes your shitposting about Diablo IV seriously. Hope that helps.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I'm still having fun playing D4. It is weird that everything is always the same level as I am, but surely that will change once I get out of the starting areas, right? Right?..

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
There are 2 types of people in this thread:

- those playing Diablo IV and mostly having fun
- those who don't have it and are whining about how terrible it is
It's not possible to pirate it, online drm, so you bet people will keep whining about how terrible it is.
https://d4reflection.org
Supposedly worked for D3, which I don't care about. Never used it myself, not sure if it also mines bitcoin.
It's like those very early wow servers where half the shit didn't work

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Playing as the Rogue, level 25, not really feeling it. I can't get a build that really feels satisfying. Either I can melt single targets but die to crowds, or I can have decent AoE but bosses take forever. Did not feel that way with other classes though I haven't played others as much. I suppose it's good the games builds are engaging the neurons in a way D3 never could.

May stick with it, may restart as new class, haven't decided.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Playing as the Rogue, level 25, not really feeling it. I can't get a build that really feels satisfying. Either I can melt single targets but die to crowds, or I can have decent AoE but bosses take forever. Did not feel that way with other classes though I haven't played others as much. I suppose it's good the games builds are engaging the neurons in a way D3 never could.

May stick with it, may restart as new class, haven't decided.
Having a blast with my pyro sorce. Fun build. I just create a blazing inferno with firewalls and have mobs chase me around in it. Also have a piece of gear that lets me summon two flames hydras that wreck them. Nothing quite like watching hordes of enemies slowly burn to death. It's kind of morbid but satisfying

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So they copied Path of Exile, the most popular and successful diablo clone ever? Shocker.

Blizzard has literally never once had an original idea. They just copy other successful games with extreme polish.
They literally invented an entire subgenre. And PoE copied them first.

227cce77-1721-45b2-86fa-46762ed569ed_text.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So they copied Path of Exile, the most popular and successful diablo clone ever? Shocker.

Blizzard has literally never once had an original idea. They just copy other successful games with extreme polish.

View attachment 37753

Diablo 1 was basically a simplified, graphical roguelike made real-time instead of turn based. It's even acknowledged by David Brevik that he was taking design notes from Rogue and Nethack.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
We should return to monke Diablo 1.

Actually, an atmospheric hack-and-slash with slower combat and dungeons would be pretty cool.

Something like Examina, but will actually be completed in the next 10 years.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Still enjoying the game quite a bit. Takes more time, effort and satisfaction than you'd expect if you do the side-quests alongside the main story. Still not sure if I should keep bothering with melee skills, or switch entirely to ranged. The ranged skills melt through enemies, whereas the melee ones are somewhat... underwhelming. Also, being limited to only six skills on the toolbar is somewhat disconcerting, considering the enormous skill tree.

Don't make me start looking up builds and strats, I hate that. :roll:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
:retarded:

Are you twelve? Where did this guy come from? Diablo is just dumbed-down Rogue.

Rogue -> Diablo
Warhammer -> Warcraft
Warhammer 40k -> Starcraft
Team Fortress -> Overwatch
RC Pro-Am -> Rock-n-roll Racing
Prince of Persia -> Blackthorne
(WoW is obvious)

Blizzard doesn't make genres, they copy them. The only original idea they had was Three Vikings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom