Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Diablo and assorted clicky-clickies mashy-mashies are actually the favorite games of the administration since ancient times (ask DU and SP), so you're actually being a lot less contrarian and edgy than you think.:positive:

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You sound more incoherent than normal. Which class (if any) are you going to play after the sorc?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You sound more incoherent than normal. Which class (if any) are you going to play after the sorc?
Undecided. Druid is out of the question because it's fat. I'm thinking barb or necro because I spent alot of money on cosmetics for them. I'm really interested in the rogue class but I'll save her for later.

Actually I might say fuck it and pick rogue. I dunno

Zlaja

Arcane
but I think the one advantage it has over D2 is that Nightmare Dungeons are fun, Helltides are a good time

Terror zones in D2R are kinda like Helltides in D4. Except Helltides always spawn demons. Wish Terror zones would do the same.

Wait.

I'm super out of the loop.

Druids are locked to fat body types? Not just as an option.

This will trigger me so hard.

Yeah, you can't change body size of any class. Because of this, D4 has 4 classes IMO. Druid doesn't really exist.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Got a legendary with the Rapid fire ricochet aspect from the Act 4 boss. It's cool but not entirely the game changer I hoped it would be. Meanwhile the split aspect for Penetrating shot is a bit odd, for some reason I assumed the split would be 45 degrees but they shoot out at right angles. I guess it's better than nothing. Still not sure which to stick with.

I also found an item-only power that lets you drop four poison traps at once while stealthed, with the same cooldown. Very balanced.

spectre

Arcane
You guys are doing it wrong, while I agree that rolling a female druid would probably be too much for me, there's some appeal in naming xim something inclusive like DushQuan or LaQuanzor
and yell out "where's mah chicken" everytime you pulverize. Just celebrate y'all being included. I'm currently rocking a full face mask, naked beer gut all smeared in blood-colored markings.
Feels like proper peak performance with an giant axe.

More seriously, you'll be missing out. The druid probably the most fun to experiment with builds and the skills all feel really meaty, effortlessly tossing and knocking shit about.
Feels much more like a proper barbarian than the actuall barbarian class (though I havent played much barb, never liked them in D2).

Got a legendary with the Rapid fire ricochet aspect from the Act 4 boss. It's cool but not entirely the game changer I hoped it would be. Meanwhile the split aspect for Penetrating shot is a bit odd, for some reason I assumed the split would be 45 degrees but they shoot out at right angles. I guess it's better than nothing. Still not sure which to stick with.
This should probably default to the bow slot just to get the double effect of the enchantment. Otherwise it's some crappy 10% damage for the split.
Yeah, the right angles take a bit to get used to, but with shadow imbue it cleans trash mobs even with the 20% you get from the codex. Instant mana refill too.

Zlaja

Arcane
Every Druid I've seen in the game reminds me of this streamer:

5hqhqyjyw5f61.png

He created himself in the game:

maxresdefault.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I looked into it more and apparently they didn't make male versions of sorc armor. They just slapped the female version on. Is that true?

1688241484004.png

1688241595256.png

So I looked into it more and apparently they didn't make male versions of sorc armor. They just slapped the female version on. Is that true?

View attachment 38157

View attachment 38158

Male Sorc armors are extremely lacking. Most of their headpieces look completely stupid, there are no options for a normal set of pants, only Mage Skirts, etc. It never occurred to me that this is due to the armor being designed for BODY TYPE 2, but I guess it makes sense.

Where there's a will there's a way, though, and there are a handful of armor pieces that look just fine. Thanks to being able to transmog your armor pieces you can have your avatar's appearance reflect any piece of gear you've salvaged in the past, regardless of what they're currently wearing. Honestly I wish more RPGs had this, or a 'costume' gear slots to avoid some of the goofy appearances due to your stat-efficient armors mismatching visually. I'm guessing Blizzard is counting on making bank on better-looking cosmetics, though.

I think my sorc looks just fine. possibly even TNO-like. I'm also happy enough with my Classic Rogue attempt, who doesn't look like a complete troon:

Screenshot064.jpg

Screenshot069.jpg

Zlaja

Arcane
I think my sorc looks just fine. possibly even TNO-like. I'm also happy enough with my Classic Rogue attempt, who doesn't look like a complete troon:

Screenshot064.jpg

Screenshot069.jpg

Your Rogue looks nice, but your Sorc still looks pretty gay with that feminine headpiece on. He also has a gay name AND a gay title. :o

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'd like to apologise for my antics last night or today. I was drinking vodka which makes me more extra retarded. I only have beer left so I should be ok. I think I missplaced a bottle of smirnoff vodka but I wont look for it. I'd like to personally apologise to all of the Fallout 1 and 2, BG 1 and 2 and 3, Planescape, VTMB, Elder Scrolls fanbases, and any of the other fanbases I may have attacked. My behavior was poor.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Could you try to stay off hard liquor, be like a moderate addict? Maybe attempt this for 2 weeks or something? (Honest question)

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What's the easiest class solo? Was pending towards Necro but heard the minions are super squishy
I've been lurking on other forums when it comes to D4. Seems like nobody has a definitive take. I see alot of people say rogue is best to solo up to mid game but sucks endgame. I see people say the same about necro. Some people say sorceress but I think they might be full of shit. It took me up until level 63 for her to finally feel like a badass. It seems most people agree that barb is the best endgame character if we're talking strictly solo. But the opinions are all over the place.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

View attachment 38157

View attachment 38158
Female should be the default sorce anyway. That's how it was in D2 and I made it that way in D3. Why tf did they call them Wizards in D3 anyway? It was literally just a sorce.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom