Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Saravan

Savant
completely different target audience

:nocountryforshitposters:

Show of hands, how many people here have played Path of Exile?

(it's a rhetorical question).
Stop being deliberately obtuse. We both know that D4 is mainly targeted towards casuals which is why there was a huge outrage over seasons lmao everyone knows about seasons who come from PoE/D2.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Season 1 will continue the story (somewhat), but you need a brand-new character to access it? The fuck?

Why would I want to abandon the character I've spent so long leveling and upgrading, and restart from scratch? Oh, and I'll have to play through the entire shitting campaign again? What the fucking shit is wrong with you, Blizzard?

Arbiter

Scholar
Season 1 will continue the story (somewhat), but you need a brand-new character to access it? The fuck?

Why would I want to abandon the character I've spent so long leveling and upgrading, and restart from scratch? Oh, and I'll have to play through the entire shitting campaign again? What the fucking shit is wrong with you, Blizzard?

Let me guess, cosmetics are soulbound and need to be purchased again for every new character?

Saravan

Savant

Lmao case in point.

abija

Prophet
You are coping extremely hard if you think Chris Wilson is worried about D4. It’s a completely different target audience for ARPG casuals. You know what’s really telling is that I have not seen you once make a post discussing builds or interesting interplay between items and skills.

All you do is come in here and try to justify why it’s ok to be served such mediocre shit because you paid for it and have now backed yourself into a corner.

I don't like reading guides and everything related (and I think everyone praising PoE or any game about depth and using online guides is a massive hypocrite). I want to experiment with the game and usually try to make builds along skills I like.

Apart from PoE which is a live service the only other solid game in this genre in the last decade has been Grim Dawn. A solid mediocre game I can spend some hundred hours in is more than fine.

No idea ifChris Wilson cares, he is rich so might not give a fuck about anything. But whoever took decisions at GGG sure as hell did. The only impressive thing in those trailers is the logo and they look way worse than what was shown at previous exilecon.

It’s a completely different target audience for ARPG casuals.
Talk about copium.

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Let me guess, cosmetics are soulbound and need to be purchased again for every new character?
I have no idea, I haven't purchased any cosmetics and I only have one character. Also, I don't even use the free cosmetics for that character, he's not a tranny.

The new character levels faster because it inherits the bonuses and advances the old one achieved, like a roguelite game. I guess this is to make balancing easier, since between seasons you can change things without players complaining about their longtime character being ruined.

Saravan

Savant
The new character levels faster because it inherits the bonuses and advances the old one achieved, like a roguelite game. I guess this is to make balancing easier, since between seasons you can change things without players complaining about their longtime character being ruined.
This is the result of Ubisoft collectibles shit being introduced into an ARPG in combination with Destiny players and other mainstream folks who never played ARPGs before who don’t understand ladder/league system of ARPGs being angry they have to ‘replay’ their progression. But retards claim the game isn’t designed and catered to casuals.

Zlaja

Arcane
Saravan says I suck but here's a video of my puny lvl 66 Sorce rescuing a lvl 95 Rogue in wt4 LOL. I am the ultimate badass.

Why is the footage so bright? You really play with the brightness that high, or does it look brighter when you upload it?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
On a rewatch that lvl 95 was pretty awful. Didn't seem to be dodging hardly any of the AoE attacks like I was. It's amazing they made it that far. Probably a Saravan type player who cheats and looks up the best builds but has no actual gaming skills.

Saravan says I suck but here's a video of my puny lvl 66 Sorce rescuing a lvl 95 Rogue in wt4 LOL. I am the ultimate badass.

Why is the footage so bright? You really play with the brightness that high, or does it look brighter when you upload it?

I dunno, looks fine to me bruv.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Currently hunting Lilith statues and also trying not to kill myself. I don't know who I hate more: Blizzard for putting these pieces of shit in the game or the people who are making the "cheat" maps.

I mean just LOOK at THIS!

map-dry-Steppes-min.jpg

They have the statue icons blown up so large it's already difficult to tell the exact location, but they also thought it was necessary to add a huge green circle around every single icon, making it 10x more difficult to track down the exact location. And this is one of the "better" maps I've found. Wtf is wrong with these people?

abija

Prophet
Destiny players and other mainstream folks who never played ARPGs before who don’t understand ladder/league system of ARPGs being angry they have to ‘replay’ their progression. But retards claim the game isn’t designed and catered to casuals.
1. They made it clear long ago "collection" systems were designed to be done once.
2. Link to the hardcore arpg players who wanted to have to do those each season.
3. "But retards claim the game isn’t designed and catered to casuals." - who said that? It's a Blizzard game, nobody expects it to not be mostly catered to casual players.

Saravan

Savant

You do know the mobs in your ‘world’ are scaled to your level. What you are demonstrating is why level scaling is retarded.

Abija none of what you said had anything to do with what I wrote. Seriously you got the reading comprehension of a five year old.

abija

Prophet
Abija none of what you said had anything to do with what I wrote. Seriously you got the reading comprehension of a five year old.
Your direct quotes have nothing to do with what you wrote, I can believe that.

You didn't notice btw none of SDG spells got to do dmg because the other guy was killing so fast, had to jump on the scaling bandwagon. People not playing the game didn't complain about it in a while.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

You didn't notice btw none of SDG spells got to do dmg because the other guy was killing so fast, had to jump on the scaling bandwagon. People not playing the game didn't complain about it in a while.

He probably didn't watch the video. I know I didn't. But if what you're saying is true, it's even funnier because SDG seems to think he rescued the other guy when what actually happened is he did nothing because the other guy was blendering everything too quickly.

ArchAngel

Arcane

He probably didn't watch the video. I know I didn't. But if what you're saying is true, it's even funnier because SDG seems to think he rescued the other guy when what actually happened is he did nothing because the other guy was blendering everything too quickly.
SDG cannot even save himself..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom