Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You can skip the campaign without beating it first for sure. The problem is that you probably can't get to tier 3 so it's kind of pointless to be able to skip.
I'm talking about getting the skip campaign options on new chars.
Yes, before posting I tested it to see. Account that never finished the campaign (act 3 or 4) can create new season character and check the skip campaign box. Map is revealed and the portals activated from the other character.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Best case scenario: continued support and new content. Worst case scenario: time limited content designed to prey on the fear of missing out and drain wallets. Since this is a blizzard cash shop game I am assuming the latter.
All the shit they sell are cosmetic like in PoE. You only need to buy the base game once (or have Game Pass)

motherfucker

Educated
Yeah I don't think I'm likely to check out Season 5, or even the DLC. The game used to suffer from an identity crisis, but now Blizz seem to be fully set on pandering to D3 babies and MMO tourists. I liked D4 because I saw the potential, now that they're well on track to pissing it all away I just don't see myself sticking around. I hope Rod Ferguson has fun figuring out how to monetize a game with a core audience that refuses to play it for more than a week every 3 months, or how come the game that aped D3 at every turn died exactly the same undignified death. PoE2 can't come soon enough.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

SpoonFULL

Educated
Got Diablo iv on a discount and enjoying the campaign so far. It is different with hub areas and main/sub-quests (more like a MMO). I am currently in WT2 (have no other choice) and the easy difficulty is killing any enjoyment in finding rare and legendary items, and in any form of crafting.

Is there a way to restart the campaign in WT3 with increased difficulty with the current character that I made (currently at level 27)?

motherfucker

Educated
Got Diablo iv on a discount and enjoying the campaign so far. It is different with hub areas and main/sub-quests (more like a MMO). I am currently in WT2 (have no other choice) and the easy difficulty is killing any enjoyment in finding rare and legendary items, and in any form of crafting.

Is there a way to restart the campaign in WT3 with increased difficulty with the current character that I made (currently at level 27)?
They really fucked up the campaign difficulty with the item rework, and it wasn't too difficult in the first place. There is no way to play it outside of WT1/2, period. I think your best bet is to wait until the next season(mid-august) and hope Blizzard gets a clue.

ArchAngel

Arcane

They really fucked up the campaign difficulty with the item rework, and it wasn't too difficult in the first place. There is no way to play it outside of WT1/2, period. I think your best bet is to wait until the next season(mid-august) and hope Blizzard gets a clue.
Best bet is to skip campaign and switch to WT3 ASAP. You can do that earlier than when just following campaign story if one just wants to play for some challenge. But real challenge comes when doing high level pits or nightmare dungeons.

SpoonFULL

Educated
Thank you for your replies. It is a shame that I have to skip the campaign as it is interesting and I thought this is the bread & butter of the game (still longing to classic Diablo 1 and 2 play style)!

The campaign is hopelessly easy with rare and legendry loot thrown at every corner, so is crafting material but all are useless as you can steamroll through mobs without any difficulty and without much thought into gear, weapon stats or skill! Otherwise the game is fun, the atmosphere is great and appropriate, and story is interesting.

I will try to skip the campaign and see how things go (even though this option indicates that I have to finish the main campaign and cathedral of light quest first). Thanks again for your replies.

abija

Prophet
If you really need that challenge don't equip legendaries and don't upgrade any rares after you equip them first time. Or just play with half the gear.
WT2 has been insanely nerfed for some reason.

abija

Prophet
WT1 was very easy, WT2 was a good difficulty for a new player.
Now WT2 is so easy playing naked must be what the devs want (didn't check WT1).

2nd capstone dungeon has also been massively nerfed so their intended route through the game seems to be:
- sleepwalk til lvl 35 in WT2 and move on
- graveyard rush your way to some sacred items in WT3, go to capstone somewhere around 50 (depends on class and drops luck, barb was easy at 49)
- graveyard rush some ancestral items in WT4
- play the game

ArchAngel

Arcane
WT1 was very easy, WT2 was a good difficulty for a new player.
Now WT2 is so easy playing naked must be what the devs want (didn't check WT1).

2nd capstone dungeon has also been massively nerfed so their intended route through the game seems to be:
- sleepwalk til lvl 35 in WT2 and move on
- graveyard rush your way to some sacred items in WT3, go to capstone somewhere around 50 (depends on class and drops luck, barb was easy at 49)
- graveyard rush some ancestral items in WT4
- play the game
What is this graveyard rush and why would you remove little challenge there is by doing that?
Better to do it like me, switch to WT3 and go straight to Helltides or Nightmare dungeons and have fun until you get good gear and challenge disappears.

abija

Prophet
When you go to wt3/wt4 at low lvl you get 1shot randomly when fighting blood maidens/hellborne champions -> gy rush.

S.torch

Arbiter
Wait, is this thread still here? Why? Is an always-online service, not a single-player game. Should be on the MMO forum.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom