Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo IV

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Just seen this:

So I'm noticing a pattern with the asmongold guy where he pauses the videos every 5 seconds to whine and complain like a little bitch. It's getting annoying. Dude, just let the devs talk for a few minutes so they can make their points before you start running your mouth about past shit. It's super annoying and I'm probably not going to keep watching his videos. I never subscribed in the first place.

Anyways I like what I'm hearing about their plans with the Sorceress. She never should have been a weak bitch to begin with but we are moving in the correct direction. Positive vibes.

You need to understand that this is money coming in for him. And yes he is whining a lot but many parts from that it's just business, so I wouldn't take him that seriously. That's one...

Second, just because you play a game, even at a high-level, that doesn't mean you understand game-design, it's completely irrelevant and this is where Blizzard fucked up. They're trying to please these kind of people because it's bad marketing for them, not from the streamer itself but from the cancer spread that goes to social media from them and that is able to reach the biggest player base.

Zeriel

Arcane
Forget about PoE2, that's for future shitposting to discuss in more detail.

Plain PoE is a better game than Diablo 4.

PoE is more comparable to vomit and ass cancer.

passivetree2-519x506.jpg

If you like eating shit, fine. But keep it in the shit eating thread.

Very prestigious motif, though displayed with poor image quality.

Anyways, I'll hand D4 that it has better atmosphere (better than D3 and PoE, still doesn't hold a candle to D2 let alone D1). But nearly every aspect of actual gameplay is worse at this point. Not unplayable, simply worse in relation.

Also, please, for your own good stop throwing money at D4 microtransactions. I'm not telling you to not like the game, but you're simply wasting funds here. The vanilla items do not even look that bad.

Dunno about that, I found the atmosphere of core PoE campaign (i.e pre Oriath) full of flavor and pretty grimdark. It's unique and damn cool, honestly, but that may just be my Romanfag side showing.

People mostly just seem awed by the glitz and glamor of D4 which I don't really get, because even the substance of the story and writing behind it is pretty ass. It has good visuals, but the core is rotten. Pure marketing, it's like how they do fast food burger ads. You're not looking at a delicious burger, you're looking at a strange plastic thing that's been painted to look like a facsimile of something that tastes good.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
The incompetence surrounding Diablo 4 has been more entertaining than the game itself.
Entertaining for the people not playing it. As a player it's pretty soul crushing because the game can be alot of fun and has massive potential for growth. The Blizzard self-sabotaging is just depressing af to me. In my opinion they should revert the game back to it's launch state where the game seemed to be at it's best and just go back to the drawing board. Look at all the mistakes they've made and do the exact opposite.
Calm the fuck down, it was just a patch, we're over 35 now we can manage that. Game will be better.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane

Can compete with Path of Exile?
Easily. Different games tho.

D4 is casual monster slayer, POE is autist spread-sheet simulator.

POE2 goes more casual.

In terms of presentation tho, D4 blows POE away no contest.

I've literally never used a "build" in PoE or looked at spreadsheets. People exaggerate how hard it is to build in PoE as cope for their own inability to understand things, or because they are lazy and don't want to admit as much. The whole fun of these games is supposed to be figuring things out for yourself and experimenting. Sapping away that fun for yourself willingly is incredibly sad.

every sdg char looks like a man

In his defense, it's almost impossible to make a good looking character in D4. Even the prettiest female characters vaguely reek of tranny/non-binary/tomboy. It's just how Blizzard did all the art.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just seen this:

So I'm noticing a pattern with the asmongold guy where he pauses the videos every 5 seconds to whine and complain like a little bitch. It's getting annoying. Dude, just let the devs talk for a few minutes so they can make their points before you start running your mouth about past shit. It's super annoying and I'm probably not going to keep watching his videos. I never subscribed in the first place.

Anyways I like what I'm hearing about their plans with the Sorceress. She never should have been a weak bitch to begin with but we are moving in the correct direction. Positive vibes.

You need to understand that this is money coming in for him. And yes he is whining a lot but many parts from that it's just business, so I wouldn't take him that seriously. That's one...

Second, just because you play a game, even at a high-level, that doesn't mean you understand game-design, it's completely irrelevant and this is where Blizzard fucked up. They're trying to please these kind of people because it's bad marketing for them, not from the streamer itself but from the cancer spread that goes to social media from them and that is able to reach the biggest player base.

Well why don't they blacklist the fuck out of them or whatever? Devs do it to gaming sites from time to time. Nintendo blacklisted Kotaku (I think it was Kotaku, I could be misremembering). Basically sent them a big "fuck you" letter and never looked back. That was pretty badass tbh.

Sobchak

Scholar
Patron
Watching PoE2 presentation.. D4 is dead
Not really... I don't see that at all actually, there were a few specific core things that probably are going wrong with PoE2 and GGG is smart enough to keep PoE1 alive. Especially the Path of Souls turn it's not making a lot of sense and they're justifying it as "to attract new players" or even for some, "innovation" which is too much and almost ridiculous to state that.

I don't want my ARPG to be like that and play a boss fight twenty minutes like in WoW or Dark Souls. Plus their infinite evade mechanic forces you to spam it like there's no tomorrow and that's bad design.

It's not going to be easy for them as much as you think, quite the contrary, but they are smart enough to understand that and be prepared.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
Not really... I don't see that at all actually, there were many things that probably are going wrong with PoE2 and GGG is smart enough to keep PoE1 alive. Especially the Path of Souls turn it's not making a lot of sense and they're justifying it as to "attract new players" or even for some, "innovation" which is too much and almost ridiculous to state that.

I don't want my ARPG to be like that and play a boss fight twenty minutes like in WoW or Dark Souls. Plus their infinite evade mechanic forces you to spam it like there's no tomorrow and that's bad design.

It's not going to be easy for them as much as you think, quite the contrary, but they are smart enough to understand that and be prepared.

Yeah I am not fan of the infinite dodge idea. Or not being able to be CC'd ever. That being said they are probably exaggerating a lot and the way the game plays in reality will be similar to PoE 1. Companies always do this. The PR gameplay trailers almost never resemble actual gameplay.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
but I find it even more obnoxious these devs keep showing up on TV for emergency staff meeting while they sit Infront of a bunch of goofy diablo 4 props

I gotta disagree pretty hard here. I think it's the best thing to emerge from the mess. Blizzard is showing humility, honesty, and humanity in these recent videos. They're proving that they are listening to the criticism (hopefully the correct criticism and not dumb fuck whiners like asmongold) and showing they are emotionally invested in improving the game. I don't have a single bad thing to say about their behavior post 1.1. They are saying all the right shit. They arn't behaving like mindless corporate drones.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not really... I don't see that at all actually, there were many things that probably are going wrong with PoE2 and GGG is smart enough to keep PoE1 alive. Especially the Path of Souls turn it's not making a lot of sense and they're justifying it as to "attract new players" or even for some, "innovation" which is too much and almost ridiculous to state that.

GO TO THE POE THREAD

ArchAngel

Arcane

GO TO THE POE THREAD
You are the one mentioning poe all the time.
Also we enjoy compairing trash D4 with a real arpg like poe

abija

Prophet
Well why don't they blacklist the fuck out of them or whatever? Devs do it to gaming sites from time to time. Nintendo blacklisted Kotaku (I think it was Kotaku, I could be misremembering). Basically sent them a big "fuck you" letter and never looked back. That was pretty badass tbh.
Because he shilled the fuck out of the game before launch and he will do it next time it's needed too.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are elemental resistances broken across all characters or is it just the Sorceress? Reason I'm asking is because every time I see the problem brought up it's always in a conversation revolving around the Sorc. I always reroll the resistance affix when the opportunity presents it's self.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Are elemental resistances broken across all characters or is it just the Sorceress? Reason I'm asking is because every time I see the problem brought up it's always in a conversation revolving around the Sorc. I always reroll the resistance affix when the opportunity presents it's self.

It's broken for everyone. It's probably mentioned with sorceress alot because she lack survivability across the board.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I think it's all characters, I've gotten little to no value from upping elemental resistances for my Rogue for the entire game (especially noticeable when facing WT4 fire-enchanted elites/bosses).

Kiste

Augur
Ok, so I'm through with the premium battle pass and if Season 1 is the the blueprint for future seasons then D4 will die.

This first season is fucking lackluster. The new content is just one extremely boring questline with a mediocre bossfight. The new malignant heart mechanics are annoying and fail to shake up the game in any meaningful or interesting way. Same with new Uniques, most of them outright suck. There is very little here that really motivates me to come back to the game every 3 months if that's how it's going to be.

Then there is the fucking premium Battle Pass. Just because you "anchored" the price for cool cosmetics at $25-28 in the fucking in-game shop does not mean it's a good idea to shovel shit-tier cosmetics into you $10 "premium" Battle Pass. You're not getting $25 from me for a fucking skin and you're not getting $10 from me for 90 levels worth of shit unlocks.

Blizzard better step up their game for Season 2 or this bitch is gonna be dead.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, so I'm through with the premium battle pass and if Season 1 is the the blueprint for future seasons then D4 will die.
Renown farming is what will ultimately kill D4 unless it's removed. I am intenionally avoiding it with my Rogue even though it would benefit her big time. Renown will be this game's destructor, I'm calling it.

Also this.

Kiste

Augur
Renown farming is what will ultimately kill D4 unless it's removed. I am intenionally avoiding it with my Rogue even though it would benefit her big time. Renown will be this game's destructor, I'm calling it.

The renown farming bothered me less than I thought it would. The increased renown for quests and dungeons made it bearable. Just barely. I don't think the devs can realistically expect players to do it AGAIN next season, though.

I'm not really worried about it, because it seems like an easy enough fix. I'm more worried about Blizzard's ability to make seasons and battle passes that are worth the time and money investment. I'm more worried about Blizzard's ability to improve combat to a point where it can be fun and challenging without having to rely on CC for difficulty.

The game also needs massive QoL improvements ASAP. The fucking horse is infuriating to use and managing legendary aspects is a fucking chore. They all have to same fucking icon and having to sift through 2 inventory tabs full of aspects by mouseover tooltip makes me wanna kill myself.

They better go big with Season 2 or I doubt most people will bother with it because right now, the game simply isn't good enough to successfully convert players into long-term returning customers.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A friend of mine gifted me the game for my birthday for PS5. What is this shit? It is unplayable due to lag, rubber banding and network atrocities.

The hits and spell damage registers after a 1 second delay, enemies teleport over the map, my character stumbles while moving.

I don´t have problems with other multiplayer games.

The thing is maybe understandable for some MP games to have some bad server performance day, but the game behaves as if the calculations of hits and movements of enemies and MY CHARACTER are doing remotely! I wouldn't complain if I see another players rubber banding from time to time.

I just wanted to play 1-2 hours of relaxing killing monsters alone, but it´s not possible for a game that SHOULD allow that.

This game is cancer and Blizzard deserves bankruptcy, I'm glad I didn't spent money on it.

If not for the above I would be talking about the dissapointing weak skill tree.

Raeyn

Literate
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I heard rpgcodex was the place to be, to talk to reasonably intelligent gamers and rpg enjoyers...
292 pages of D4 talk. I was misled. Can't believe anyone is still willingly logging into D4 servers...

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom