Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Prime Junta

you call this non-RPG a RPG, you give it an official "RPG"Codex review, you leave it in the "RPG" discussion forum; I have the same problem with Disco Elysium in RPGCodex that I do with men in women's bathrooms.

Do you often frequent women's bathrooms?

:updatedmytxt:

Kasparov

OH/NO
Developer
Can we please stop arguing what is an RPG? Let sleeping autists lie.
you call this non-RPG a RPG, you give it an official "RPG"Codex review, you leave it in the "RPG" discussion forum; I have the same problem with Disco Elysium in RPGCodex that I do with men in women's bathrooms.
Maybe you should go to the men’s room instead. Saves you the discomfort.

barghwata

Savant
aka, save and reload until the dice roll in your favor

Which is unheard-of in combat-heavy RPGs.
there's a difference between dice rolls in turn based combat and dice rolls in situations

underrail for example, has both, because that's a real RPG

What is the difference really? wherever there are dice rolls, you can save scum your way to victory but if you do it it's kinda your problem, and it's not just plain dice rolls by the way, appearently your decisions and dialogue choices in DE can either make some dice rolls easier or harder once they show up, and there can be some bad consequences to failing certain dice rolls so there are situations where you have to decide if you want to take a risk with certain skill checks or find another way to solve the problem, which is the same type of risk management you see in turn based combat games that use dice rolls.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
It's disrespectful to Kasparov and all the contributing members of the games development.
Oh! Never mind me! I’m having the time of my life here.

:positive:
take Kentucky Route Zero out of the sig, bud, that game was fucking shit

just looking out for the successful launch of Disco, don't want people finding out and it all coming to ruin

now a game inspired purely by PST... that's incline

Latro

Arcane
Can we please stop arguing what is an RPG? Let sleeping autists lie.
Maybe you should go to the men’s room instead. Saves you the discomfort.
Then where am I going to see all these cute girls? Instead I get men in drag.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Latro ,mate,your views on RPG are pretty outdated lol. Get in with the times mate,don't be a bigot. If we have this gem as a RPG,then we could have disco communism!!!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
lHNzb8u.png

Latro

Arcane
Dude, I died multiple times in the first ten minutes.

The risk of death from passively clicking on the dialogue tree will definitely make my adrenaline shoot through the roof.
don't worry, you got a very amusing death. now just reload and try again.

Latro ,mate,your views on RPG are pretty outdated lol. Get in with the times mate,don't be a bigot. If we have this gem as a RPG,then we could have disco communism!!!
lHNzb8u.png
so, the war was already lost...

Prime Junta

(man, this place, most days I'm not sure if somebody's trolling, some days I'm not sure if I'm trolling)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dude, I died multiple times in the first ten minutes.

The risk of death from passively clicking on the dialogue tree will definitely make my adrenaline shoot through the roof.
don't worry, you got a very amusing death. now just reload and try again.

lHNzb8u.png
so, the war was already lost...
Yes,i was really butthurt about that shit,but got mocked away by half the codex. Too many sjw retards have infiltrated the codex.

Keep a point or two in reserve even so, in case you get an unlucky roll tho.
Age of Decadence confirmed, hype reaching critical mass.
:bounce::bounce::bounce:
The mindfuck way was very satisfying. I had to impress her daughter with my mad detection skills, then convince her I was an expert in the paranatural capable of dispelling the Curse of Financial Distress affecting her business. I was left with the feeling that I might actually be an expert in the paranatural capable of dispelling curses... Kim was less certain though.
So maybe the main plot of Disco is that you're a yithian and the detective's massive hangover fucked up the process of swapping his mind with your own so now you've just gotta roll with it as you gradually remember what you really are? Oh boy!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For some of us, a repetitive number optimization system as the central mechanic is primary, indeed essential, to what it means to be an RPG.

For others, it's substantial decision making in character/party building, and equally substantial impact of those decisions on how challenges are resolved.

Note that one of these may be a subset of the other, but the reverse is not true.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
First sentence in Steam description:

Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game.

Case closed!
So you're telling me to accept their pronouns! Figures! Only people who could accept me as women could accept Disco E. as a RPG!

Latro coming out as a woman surprises no one, but we are very tolerant on the codex

Prime Junta

For some of us, a repetitive number optimization system as the central mechanic is primary, indeed essential, to what it means to be an RPG.

I... I just had a breakthrough

My favourite game isn't, in fact, a RPG. It's... it's... Kerbal Space Program... which is... a bunch of crude graphics built around a repetitive number optimisation system

I think I need to go lie down

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom