Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Disco Elysium spoilery thread

Prime Junta

Yes, there is a lot of great context and dialogue, but replaying this quest, since it doesn't have any other entrance points or branching is not very interesting.

That's not even close to all there is to it though. :M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Still go through linear level and shout into the pipe. What does the PLAYER do that makes it interesting? What CAN he do?

I guess I am still on the hype of stealing gun from murderer and making him panic in Fallout Nevada.

frajaq

Erudite
So does the slow beginning of a pale in the church (that's causing the failure of the Martinese region as a whole), have actually to do with Harrier's brain voids of memory?

Shadenuat

Arcane
I don't think there is hard answer for this but if you follow boat lady and crazy driver lady dialogue and manifest both thoughts I think you can make the connection.

I think it's all more of a metaphor though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I prefer the idea of Harry just never being able to let the woman from his past go, and the memories eating him up until he just snaps and becomes an unhinged alcohol-powered fucker who gave up on life. This, of course, also combines with the stress of his job and the performance expectations he puts on himself for being a SUPERSTAR COP.

At some point, a man's mind just gives in.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It feels wrong on so many levels playing an alcoholic and doing booze/drugs for stat boosts. Am I the only one to do a sober playthrough?

Most peoples favorite quest: bookstore quest

You go through linear level and shout into the pipe. Quest complete.

It's great as the two-part quest, ending with the church. Without the second part it's not too interesting.

Prime Junta

Help a cop out yo

I'm in the church talking to the Finnish programmer. I want to ask her about the Fortress Accident place but there are no dialogue options for that. What am I missing? Do I need to do the dance club thing first? TIA

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

If it's who I think it is, you might have fucked up already? I poked around the radio computer, asked the crab man for the password and got some lore from the machine. Only then the programmer lady entered the picture and we started talking. All the Fortress questions were already there when I talked to her.

I guess? Strange, I'll reload the quicksave I made just before...

... still nothing, I can just ask her if she was involved with Wirrâl Untethered, she says yes, and that's that

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Help a cop out yo

I'm in the church talking to the Finnish programmer. I want to ask her about the Fortress Accident place but there are no dialogue options for that. What am I missing? Do I need to do the dance club thing first? TIA

Yeah, you might try advancing the dance club quest to see if that opens everything up. maybe make sure you checked out everything in the fortress accident offices?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Help a cop out yo

Remember I said arresting boyz cuts some very good content? :M

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Prime Junta

Remember I said arresting boyz cuts some very good content? :M

Haven't arrested anyone.

Yeah, you might try advancing the dance club quest to see if that opens everything up. maybe make sure you checked out everything in the fortress accident offices?

I tried opening the freezer, got a note about needing a better tool. Got the filament memory, talked to the nice lady at the central who said I need a password.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I mean that these 2 quests seem to be linked somehow. I also didn't get dialogue from her on 2d playthrough because I did not proceed with disco quest.

Not having Kim with you also blocks drug quest since you can't break into green car btw.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Which is?

Also without Kim you die instantly to Ruby, just a heads up for some who might want to try it.

Egosphere

Arcane
Help a cop out yo

You should talk to the guys in the tent again, then go back and convince her that you'll help her as long as she moves out after wrapping up her project. I think then you'll get a quest to retrieve whatever it is she wants retrieved from the fridge. Tell her that you found the note on the fridge and you'll get the tool.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
There's one thing DE and PS:T have in common: don't fuck around with a Dolores.

The pale is probably just kipple on a cosmological scale. Time is measured by progress but things are deteriorating so rapidly that one felt time was going backwards. We own neither the world nor time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Which is?

Strong arm a driver (maybe only an option if you're friendly with him) and he'll give Ruby up and gives you a key.
I think I did

What I mean is that it's odd that I have crowbar and my diary says "go check green car" yet I couldn't break in any way. With Kim I was able though, on 2d playthrough.

Maybe some day thing or bug, same as you can talk to graffiti wall on day 1, but not on next days?

Btw is it established anywhere why you can't call in some help if you know massacre in on the way?

Silentstorm

Learned
It feels wrong on so many levels playing an alcoholic and doing booze/drugs for stat boosts. Am I the only one to do a sober playthrough?
Me too, the start of the game made the main character just look so pathetic and shows how badly he screwed himself with drugs and alcohol i decided to roleplay as that being a big wake-up call for him, i mean, talking to people who met his drugged drunken self only made that decision easier to do as well.

He was pratically straight edge in my playthrough.

frajaq

Erudite
there's a reason the Boring Cop stat is there

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom