Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you can literally play as a racist/sexist yourself:
Yeah but the game will shit on you for it.

It will shit on you for anything. Well, except being Disco. CAUSE IT'S DISCO BABY*

Its hardest and funniest jabs are directed towards centrism

Sounds like someone was too butthurt to read and subsequently read too little to understand

*one of the game's central themes is criticism of its version of disco so haha j/k you get shit on for that too

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
If there's a mod that removes the ... marxism
This is set in a failed communist regime, so you can't really remove it. It also makes sense that a bunch of characters would still be in the grips of the ideology and nostalgic about it. See current year.

Still, it is true that the game affords more sympathy to lefty NPCs. But the ideology is also presented in a negative light. After all, everything the leftists did failed and was subverted, and they're still tools to this day.

The facist characters are some of the most interesting. While it did suck that becoming a nationalist gives you negative morale when speaking up, and it does seem biased against them, it makes sense as you are going against the grain. And it leads to interesting gameplay. Only people with a strong mind can become facists in this day and age. So you'd be pushed to build up your Volition and your ability to Conceptualize the world. You'd be led towards art and style (Actual Art Degree heals Morale when Conceptualizing), and that makes sense: see Hitler, the left can't meme, the chad vs normie meme, and our very own Lyric Suite.

Utimately, keeping your morale up only cost you material resources to keep your magnesium levels steady. And you're not a marxist, are you? Mind trumps matter.
It doesn't work well: you get a huge bonus for drinking alchool but measurehead give you bonus that delete alchool bonus! Also no return of the king and no truce for Prime Junta Is bad, they should patch the game!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
you get a huge bonus for drinking alchool but measurehead give you bonus that delete alchool bonus!
What do you mean? Neither Advanced Race Theory nor Revacholian Nationhood delete the alcohol bonus...

Do you mean the bug that makes Goracy's Brew permanent? Yeah facists don't get it because being a nationalist replaces the effect of alcohol to give +2 FYS, but hey, I'm not gonna complain that I don't get a bug that trivializes part of the build system. The bug should be fixed is all.

vota DC

Augur
I mean wasteland of reality because if you only get advanced race theory you are just an aware degenerated while you have to defeat al-gul to purify yourself from degeneration.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I mean wasteland of reality because if you only get advanced race theory you are just an aware degenerated while you have to defeat al-gul to purify yourself from degeneration.
Oh. Never thought of getting sober lol

So you do get fucked if you come back to reality, and your morale's going to be in the shitter. It's not a Waste Land of Reality for nothing.

The thought says so: "Full recovery will take years, though. It’ll be depressing. And it’ll be boring. Don’t expect any further rewards or handclaps."

I guess it does feel a bit like shit taking a couple of Thoughts that cancel out and give you negatives. You can always forget the thought and relapse though, like many do IRL.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I didn't even notice taking morale hits, because the game encourages you to raise Volition, healing items are plentiful and even losing your only point of morale is fine, as long as you immediately heal.

__scribbles__

Educated
I didn't even notice taking morale hits, because the game encourages you to raise Volition, healing items are plentiful and even losing your only point of morale is fine, as long as you immediately heal.
The only time where morale might be a concern is the first talk with Evrart Claire, and even then the game has given you more than enough drugs, money, and thoughts to effectively ignore the little damage he does. Add in Actual Art Degree and the mechanic is pretty much nullified entirely. It's strange that they included so many countermeasures but so few threats beyond Day 1.
DE would've greatly benefited from having fewer drugs to be found(actually gives Frittte a purpose beyond turning in bottles), and it's a shame that Hardcore Mode simply operated in calculations and numerical changes instead of fine-tuning exploration, items, and thoughts.

Ivan

Arcane
holy shit does Musclehead's dialogue tree take me back to the Smoldering Corpse Bar

also, Cuno's voice, holy shit, strangle that shit, ye? reminds me of Myron from Fallout 2

a lot of touching little human moments though. a hug a day keeps the bourgeoise away

do wish there was an always sprint option though. on Day 2 thus far.

Ivan

Arcane
I keep oscillating between these two sentiments:
900c6dc5150d520e5a24fb937fe25520.jpg

It%27s_All_So_Tiresome.png

df6.jpg

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
so during this playsession I got to explore the fishing village and thus far this has been my favorite slice of the game. the characters, dialogue, and interactions have been wonderful. from the story teller (Idiot Doom Spiral), to the fantastic phone booth sequence, chef's kiss

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
so during this playsession I got to explore the fishing village and thus far this has been my favorite slice of the game. the characters, dialogue, and interactions have been wonderful. from the story teller (Idiot Doom Spiral), to the fantastic phone booth sequence, chef's kiss

fishing village is a highlight, no doubt

Ivan

Arcane
More importantly, which cockatoo are you? :M

INxK6ky.jpg

yep, I learned to do all the "reading" at night so it won't push my clock. I did notice a bug here....there was an interaction hinting I should search beneath the floorboards, but there's no new highlighted hotspot after closing the thought. weird.

Sarathiour

Cipher
You shout : DANCE, YELLOW MONKEY !
Which make everyone freeze in place, kim go mad and leave you for the rest of the day. You're given the opportunity to apologize the next day

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom