Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dishonored by Arkane

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
you can already expect their game to be shit with regens, quest compasses, enemy radars and other crap like neverending cutscenes that retards here love.

Why do you find a way to work this into every thread? Seriously, is your first thought on waking up every morning "boy, I can't wait to log on to the Codex, wander into an utterly fucking arbitrary thread and tell everyone how much I hate it there!!!"

Morgoth's summary makes it sound rather interesting, and I've always been a fan of Arkane, but that screenshot has a very console action-hero impression to it.

Kawaii Theurgist

Liturgist
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Morgoth.

This game has been added to my list of games I can't bleeping wait to get my greedy paws on, which means E.Y.E is no longer feeling lonely.

However, what happened to that other Arkane game about plane shifting templars or whatever it actually was about? Was it cancelled? Delayed? Put indefinitely on hold? That one was pretty interesting and sweet looking, too.

Captain Shrek

I am scared when anyone mentions Thief. But I am comforted that its arKane. I hope they somehow make a Deus ex(story) + Thief(stealth) game that has the combat from DMOMM. But I am not sure if its really going to work. Mask wearing people are usually psychotic and people who write such stories are even worse. So the first impression is not so good.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Captain Shrek said:
Mask wearing people are usually psychotic and people who write such stories are even worse. So the first impression is not so good.
I think mask wearing bad guys have a more pragmatic reason: You don't need to model each face individually and animate it.

That's why we have in so many shooters like Crysis 2 only dudes with helmets on.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Graphics look like "cartoony" graphics done right. No cellshaded bullshit and not too silly, but enough to add some character.
Fuck I hate when all you have on a game are some screenshots.
I guess the game world sounds interesting, some sort of industrialized metropolis?

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
I am a fan of Arkane's games, and the spell combinations add a nice strategic element, rather than the rather linear fireball to the head, (or ground zero, if you want to be like me in BG2 when I'm feeling bored).

That said, I don't like the look of the engine. Not gloomy, moody enough for a stealth game, texturing is wrong, shadows look cartoony.

I just hope there aren't a lot of load screens.

That said, Arkane ftw. Go Arkane!

Captain Shrek

Morgoth said:
Captain Shrek said:
Mask wearing people are usually psychotic and people who write such stories are even worse. So the first impression is not so good.
I think mask wearing bad guys have a more pragmatic reason: You don't need to model each face individually and animate it.

That's why we have in so many shooters like Crysis 2 only dudes with helmets on.

But as soon as the in-game explanation hits it, you will be fighting a loosing battle to make it a good story.

J1M

Arcane
I thought there was a rule. Something about you don't get to use your Deus Ex cred anymore until you do something worthy of erasing stuff like Area 51 that you have done since.

zool

Arcane
Map looks nice, got some Arcanum vibes here.

map_960.jpg

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/ ... nored.aspx

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Morgoth said:
A fat guy with earrings (plural) and a guy with tats and a soul patch, yeah that's who I want making my games.

Colantonio: Well we believe gamers are, over time, more used to playing games so they become more sophisticated and tastes evolve. It's like if you are a food connoisseur, you like better and better food with more depth. So there's no real surprise that games, or at least part of the games, the way they evolve is through more depth. So you see games like GTA and I think if they keep going this way they are going to be an RPG soon.
:yeah:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I always like to see a studio putting in more than the bare minimum amount of work, but the feeling I get from the detail on the map is not very good. I love the visuals of the map - like others have said, it has a kind of Arcanum feel to it - but the details on it just yell "We spent a few minutes throwing random words onto a map to get out of the way that annoying business of fleshing out our world"

"Strange tentacle beasts called whales"? Really, now?

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
As far as style goes, they're doing it right. If they go for a Steampunk world like Thief or Arcanum, I am game.

Now show us some gameplay.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Mixed feelings so far, but I'm moderately optimistic. Not bothered by Beth being involved - they tend to be relatively unintrusive as publishers, for better or for worse. The devs are talking some good shit - let's hope it gets implemented well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom