Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Divinity: Original Sin 2 Codex Fundraiser

Nael

Arcane
:desu:

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
I like some of the romances in BG2 and wouldn´t mind romance in D:OS 2 but it should be special, like bonnie and clyde plus very good dialogues!

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Am I the only one who find the light hearted approach of D:OS refreshing?

No you are not the only one, but its just my opinion, the aesthetic is crap and the light heartedness unnecessary. Its not Anachronox. Is it that difficult to simply replicate a good D&D session? You can have a good looking generic fantasy world with some funny moments. Larians approach is just amateurish, doesn't come off as either Disney like or Discworldy enough.

Maybe the problem really is their writers but I think the WOW style looks really fucking kill it for me.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
If it is not dark and gritty, Codex won't like it.
*Grimdark

502c99c22fd6633c795602285f16efce_400x400.jpeg

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
WHo is that? He's kinda cute... :M
"Lord Grimdark", Joe Abercrombie. He writes low to mid fantasy or western books where it's always raining and everyone has a stubble and speaks with raspy voice when not barking at each other.

They're quite okay.

Last edited:

Q

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2
So how much we need to fundraise to get MCA writing our NPC?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It seems this will be the first Codex funcraiser which fails to reach its goal. Shame on you Codex! (inb4 I donated 3 dollars)

Xenich

Cipher
FFS Larian, NO on the romance crap. All that will end up happening is turning the damn game into a freak show with people whining about wanting gay, animal, etc... relationships which all detract from game play. If people want romance, they can read a trashy romance novel or go play a Bioware game. You guys are supposed to be making games, not entertainment simulators.

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
FFS Larian, NO on the romance crap.

Romance isn't the point of the stretch goal, though I can see where that in particular would be of concern. Quoting one of the writers, from a Kickstarter comment:
"We're working on a vastly-enhanced relationship system (love and hate and everything in between)."

Last edited:

Xenich

Cipher
Romance isn't the point of the stretch goal, though I can see where that in particular would be of concern. Quoting one of the writers, from a Kickstarter comment:
"We're working on a vastly-enhanced relationship system (love and hate and everything in between)."

I am fine with that, just as long as it doesn't turn into the need for a sex sim. Thing is, it always does. If they put in some romance option, someone says "Wait, why can't I romance another guy?" and then... well... we head down that FFS path.

Xenich

Cipher
On the silliness scale, how does Divinity rank compared to classic Might & Magic?

That is a tough one. A lot of the game feels serious, but then in between there are really silly moments while M&M feels kind of silly across the board. D:OS is more inline with M&M silly across the board.

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, come on people, I know that Watch pisses a shallow puddle, but this is a sad sum to look at.

Angthoron

Arcane
Pretty sure we can. I'll be moving a good amount of moneys here by the end of the month once I get paid.

Turjan

Arcane
Well, the Codex campaign doesn't look too promising at the moment, bit I chipped in with $26.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom