Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Definitive Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
LPvXaZC.png

Fuck off.

sullynathan

Arcane
Is loot randomized because my game crashed and I went back to a chest and the loot is different, lost some scrolls and now got a crossbow.

Two, I've gotten the quicksave bug that crashes the game with every quicksave. I tried deleting my quicksaves but the built in cloud function just brings them all back whenever I boot up the game. I'm not playing on STEAM or GOG, so how do I disable this shit?

Codex Year of the Donut
Is loot randomized because my game crashed and I went back to a chest and the loot is different, lost some scrolls and now got a crossbow.

Two, I've gotten the quicksave bug that crashes the game with every quicksave. I tried deleting my quicksaves but the built in cloud function just brings them all back whenever I boot up the game. I'm not playing on STEAM or GOG, so how do I disable this shit?
You should be able to manually delete saves from the in-game load save page
I'd back them up first

sullynathan

Arcane
You see, I don't want to reinstall the game, so I'll leave that for later.

Anyway, I made my way to the city and found an elf that can see in the future or something. She says I have a creature inside of me, which is weird because I don't remember that ever happening and it also reminds me of Baldur's Gate 3's illithid. Anyway, I killed her partners but snapped out of it after enough damage and reloaded my save.

I found the giant frogs and beat them. It was a tough fight because I'm level 2 and they're all level 3.

Had to revive spam. In any case, I got some pretty decent gear and later fought an assassino that came for my red prince. I thought this game had a 6 character party not 4, which is surprising.

In any case, is it smart to make my undead a healer or should I give him different skills? I tried to make a vanilla party for this playthrough.

JDR13

Arcane

If it's the same system as the first game, it actually depends on the order in which you open containers in a given area.

Maybe try purchasing a legit copy? :)

Cnaiur

Augur
Kill every last one of them. After that, go back and make sure they're all dead.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The way this game handles levels and difficulty is nonsensical. I'm at level 9 and, to move forward, I need to follow an invisible path the developers expect me to know somehow: if I'm a good boy and I'm lucky enough to understand where I'm supposed to go next, everything is fine, but if I deviate ever so slightly and I click on a character I'm not supposed to interact right now, I get punished with an unwinnable encounter and my entire party gets shotted in the first round.

Who in their right minds would think this is a good idea? You clicked on a scarecrow? Sorry, you are dead, load a previous save. You clicked on a ring on the beach? Again, dead, reload. Fuck.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
That's why you use the debloat mod.
Maybe it's not worth it, but I really don't like modding a game before finishing it at least once. It feels wrong. Since I don't play most games more than once, this also means that I never try their modded versions. Usually, if a game pushes me to try a second playthrough, it means that I like it so much that I don't need any mod to enjoy it.

catfood

AGAIN
Maybe it's not worth it, but I really don't like modding a game before finishing it at least once. It feels wrong. Since I don't play most games more than once, this also means that I never try their modded versions. Usually, if a game pushes me to try a second playthrough, it means that I like it so much that I don't need any mod to enjoy it.
Look at it like this:

You can either mod this game, possibly enjoy it and finish it

or

Not mod it, hate it and not finish it.

The choice is yours, Chosen One.

Anonona

Learned
The way this game handles levels and difficulty is nonsensical. I'm at level 9 and, to move forward, I need to follow an invisible path the developers expect me to know somehow: if I'm a good boy and I'm lucky enough to understand where I'm supposed to go next, everything is fine, but if I deviate ever so slightly and I click on a character I'm not supposed to interact right now, I get punished with an unwinnable encounter and my entire party gets shotted in the first round.

Who in their right minds would think this is a good idea? You clicked on a scarecrow? Sorry, you are dead, load a previous save. You clicked on a ring on the beach? Again, dead, reload. Fuck.

It is more because the maps in the game are of a "semi-open" nature, think like old rpg games with big over-world maps where you could go somewhere you weren't supposed to go and get killed by high level monsters. Is similar on how in Pathfinder there are many optional encounters that are too tough for a party at the level you first encounter them, or just don't have the right tools to deal with them, like the infamous owlbears or the wererats. In both games you may be able to deal with them way sooner depending or your builds and party but usually these kind of encounters are best left for later. The issue with D:OS 2 is that the maps may be too small and densely packed, so at times a low level areas is just a few step away from an area with enemies that are 6-7 levels higher than your characters.

Also the stat bloat is very pronounced a those levels, remember to go back to town to update your gear after each level up.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm the other way around, I wait before playing something to learn from other people's suffering. Besides, one of the greatest advantages of PC gaming is modability, denying yourself that pleasure doesn't seem like the best decision to me. Outside of that, I can spot bullshit design decisions from a mile away at this point, so I don't need to put myself through the grinder to know what must be violently excised.

Silly Germans

It is dumb that the game doesn't provide any sort of information where you are supposed to go in which order. It can be really a waste of time sometimes if you think that you are on the right track but actually you are doing content that you are supposed to do later. I think i skipped a whole section once and managed to do a part that was intended for a higher level party, only to have ridiculously easy encounters later on when i finally did the section of the map that i should have done before. That was the point when i started to take a look at the "areas by level" maps. I found that it improved my enjoyment of the game since it eliminated the trial and error part. The story also expects you to do the areas in a certain order because i also finished quests that i hadn't even received when i did the higher level content first.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Look at it like this:

You can either mod this game, possibly enjoy it and finish it

or

Not mod it, hate it and not finish it.

The choice is yours, Chosen One.
I'm already enjoying the game, even without mods. Combat is fun and I love watching the Red Prince flying around the battlefield with his polymorphed wings. The plot is harmless and, even if I don't care at all about the "godwoken" nonsense, some small details manage to keep my interest alive (stuff like the corpse-eating elves). I'm also fairly interested in companions quests: at first I was skeptical about origins, but in my opinion they hit the mark and I'm confident they aren't going to mess up that aspect in Baldur's Gate 3.

Obviously there are flaws that may be solved through mods, but, to me, "getting the original experience" is more important, even if it comes with things I hate.

JDR13

Arcane

Isn't there a way to see a character's level before engaging in combat like you can in D:OS 1?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Isn't there a way to see a character's level before engaging in combat like you can in D:OS 1?
When you can see enemies in advance it's not a problem. However, sometimes you might not be able to see the enemies to look at their level (ambushes, enemies that appear only when you complete a particular action) or you might not know that the npc you are clicking on is going to turn hostile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom