Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Athelas

Arcane
100K in an hour! This could break a few KS records.
I'm pretty sure the Bard's Tale Kickstarter got its first 100k faster than that. Too early to tell how funding will progress.

By the way, this would be a great opportunity to have a sales discount on D:OS.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Do you guys think they will send out keys right away, for those who backed tiers for D:OS 1 and D:OS 2?

Considering that D:OS is already out.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Do you guys think they will send out keys right away, for those who backed tiers for D:OS 1 and D:OS 2?

Considering that D:OS is already out.
I am sure they will send it as fast as Inxile did after BT IV KS
:troll:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
:takemymoney:

They seem to be doing exactly what I was hoping for - i.e. some more emphasis on the narrative and a slightly less cartoony art style, while still building on the strong fundamentals of the first game. I'm also very happy that they're doing physical editions (I probably wouldn't have pledged $125 otherwise). Can't wait!

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
It is insane how much they have to show of their game. I wonder if it will set the bar of people expectation higher for future Kickstarters. Anyway it looks and sounds really promising. Also i'm still waiting for the Enhanced Edition to start a playthrough of the first one. :P

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I want them to make a statue of that cover art. It's so fucking beautiful, I want to touch it with my own hands.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
"A more grounded and serious narrative"
"In multiplayer, up to 4 players can play together, either cooperatively or competitively."
this does not compute if they're talking about the same campaign

a slightly less cartoony art style
looks exactly the same to me

This is the best Kickstarter I've seen, excluding the initial trailblazers in 2012. It's very short and to the point, so many are overly bloated. Stretch Goals?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is insane how much they have to show of their game. I wonder if it will set the bar of people expectation higher for future Kickstarters. Anyway it looks and sounds really promising. Also i'm still waiting for the Enhanced Edition to start a playthrough of the first one. :P

That's what you can do when you have an engine. Shadowrun: Hong Kong could have done this too, HBS just chose not to for some reason.

Gord

Arcane
I guess that was already brought up, but I'm too lazy to skim over the entire thread, so:

Didn't Sven at some point say that they didn't feel comfortable with another Kickstarter after they had made enough money to fund development themselves?

Anyway, I hope they don't go overboard on promises and the stretch goals again...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I guess that was already brought up, but I'm too lazy to skim over the entire thread, so:

Didn't Sven at some point say that they didn't feel comfortable with another Kickstarter after they had made enough money to fund development themselves?

Anyway, I hope they don't go overboard on promises and the stretch goals again...

He did, but unspecified parties contacted him and changed his mind: http://www.lar.net/2014/10/01/the-halo-effect/

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Iirc he reconsidered when he got alot of support for a return to KS. My guess is the fan feedback really was productive and on par quality wise for DOS, and they want to repeat that whole part of the creative proces for DOS2. Apparently it paid of.

Aenra

I'm happy they did just for slaving away the alpha-beta participation alone. It benefited them greatly the last time, and they know. If you notice, the new KS mentions all of the backers receiving both an alpha and a beta key, either through Steam or GOG.

What i don't get, is why only 500k a goal*..i know they don't have stretch goals up yet for visibility/press purposes, but still, no matter how much extra revenue they may bring..
On a random note, anyone noticed the "Sacramento, CA" under the label? Go go Canada tax incentives ^^
edit: California, lol, sorry (dumbfuck)

*in the sense that if it really was again an all-or-nothing run as Swen put it, i'd have expected them to ask for need a lot more

Zeriel

Arcane
I'm happy they did just for slaving away the alpha-beta participation alone. It benefited them greatly the last time, and they know. If you notice, the new KS mentions all of the backers receiving both an alpha and a beta key, either through Steam or GOG.

What i don't get, is why only 500k a goal..i know they don't have stretch goals up yet for visibility/press purposes, but still, no matter how much extra revenue they may bring..
On a random note, anyone noticed the "Sacramento, CA" under the label? Go go Canada tax incentives ^^

That's California. In any case, the only reason that is there is that Kickstarter doesn't support Europe. So that's another expense they have to eat. I think it's pretty clear, like you said, that they don't look at Kickstarter as a major financial bonus, it's the customer connection that is valuable.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'll chime in with a $100 when I get the chance, just like with the first game. The pledge rewards don't seem all that exciting, but fuck that. I don't particularly care for swag anyhow - digital nor physical. The game itself sounds like it's doing the right kind of moves in pushing things forward.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
:takemymoney: in for $25, will raise my pledge for the inevitable :mca: stretch goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom