Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
These other pieces are all so short. Mainstream sell-outs.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually pleasantly surprised at the physical level tier contents and price... well done Larian. I didn't think they'd be going all out at the physical tier level:
Two copies of Divinity: Original Sin 2 as a digital download, a cloth map, a printed Game Manual, a high-quality, hardcover Artbook, a high-quality, hardcover Lorebook, a Dwarven Empire Ale Mug, a custom Ouija board (for channeling Rivellon's lost spirits!), and a sticker pack featuring unique art.
... at only $125? Not bad at all... :thumbsup:

likaq

Arcane
Pledged at $25 level, to secure an early bird spot, but I will probably drop it, because I am not really interested in early access, and the game will be cheaper (or equal price) in retail on launch here.

At $20 I would not hesitate for a moment.

Nice logic, i will pledge only to drop my pledge later.
:deathclaw:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Surely they will hit the $500k today. Hopefully up to $1M...

Sjukob

Arcane
I've translated some key moments , note that I didn't read news about the game and didn't filter things that are known already
- 4 players coop , each player can join whoever he wants ( not stated either it's about faction or other players ) , decide which quests to take and even go for different goals , it wont screw the plot and players might become enemies to each other .
- You can mix spells , the following example was given in the article: You take "summon spider book" and "invisibility" book , mix them and recieve "summon invisible spider" spell .
- There are no main characters , each character follows his own story .
- You can kill whoever you want (no important characters) , minimal skills in necromancy allow you to recieve information even from dead ones .
- There are 4 races ( human , dwarf , elf , lizard ) background and character's class don't depend on race , NPC will treat chracters differently according to these parametrs .
- It can happen that even if the whole party pursues one goal , each character will have to work his own way to this goal . Like noble human knoght might be allowed to enter the city , but lizard will have to use the sewers .
- You can set different AI for characters if you play alone , similar to D:OS .
- Larian realized that story in D:OS was poor , they promise to make it better . They have trebled the amount of people who work on plot .
- You will be allowed to use source magic , but you will have to kill people and other living things to use it and it will affect your karma in negative way , so if you want to stay good , you will have to give up on some spells .

Last edited:

Cnaiur

Augur
Noticed the KS went live. Yeah, let's do this. Click, click - back the first digital download tier....Fuck, don't know my CC details, can't be bothered to get up.

This is probably why our species won't survive.

Perkel

Arcane
Man, this is insane. Larian scripting guys must be sweating blood already.

yeah 4 different races + different backgrounds.

Let's hope all 3 Larian studios will work on this to make it script supernova.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
yeah 4 different races + different backgrounds.

Let's hope all 3 Larian studios will work on this to make it script supernova.

More than four races at this rate. And it's four studios. All in the Codex report.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'm surprised at the low amounts of high tier reward levels available. Like, I could have sworn D:OS had like 200 or something $550-600 tiers available. Now there's only like 10.

Branm

Learned
Mhmmm the art work this time around isnt totally atrocious...Hopefully they dont go double back and switch back to a WoW style.....

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I'm surprised at the low amounts of high tier reward levels available. Like, I could have sworn D:OS had like 200 or something $550-600 tiers available. Now there's only like 10.

Yeah, it's strange that they didn't draw more inspiration from the PoE kickstarter, especially since PoE had so much influence on their writing.

Perkel

Arcane
9fa04613de52e8ee81540c6509982654_original.png

I love their new concepts. It gives you Amano vibes

Hopefully more than PC development, it was so easy to transfer between PC and mac laptop when I was traveling/playing co-op with mac users.

Perkel

Arcane
Mhmmm the art work this time around isnt totally atrocious...Hopefully they dont go double back and switch back to a WoW style.....

At first i though it is just better but when i looked at more concept art it really is way better.

izH6q1fSZLpJ3.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
More MP focused this goes less interested I am. I guess I will pirate this game to try it just like I did the last one.

Zeriel

Arcane
100K in an hour! This could break a few KS records.

I could have sworn we've seen 50,000 in the space of a few minutes before on launches. This is good, but not extraordinary. Launches of solid products by actual companies on Kickstarter always start very well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom