Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wishful thinking, my furry brother.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
cavellone_by_nekot_the_brave-d97n2vs.png

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Leading MCA into a dark Seattle alleyway to subdue & abduct him with chloroform, smart thinking Larian.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Wow, that's a big thanks to Blaine then! Without his generosity, the very future of the Codex might have been at stake!

SniperHF

Arcane
Some guy on the Larian forum said:
Why would you choose to use one as part of the Kickstarter Collector's Edition? These are not toys and should never be used to contact spirits.

I'm hesitant to get the collectors edition because I'll only have to destroy the Oujia board rather then risk it ever being used. They don't bring the crazyness that is shown in movies, but they can bring in evil spirits that will cause sickness and torment. There are plenty of documented cases, including my own experiences.

It is one thing to play fantasy, but this crosses the line in fantasy.

:avatard:

Larian Studios LLC just now
Jimmious: Those just happen to be the ones we can't do. NPC schedules & cycles would make what we're trying to do very hard and require a bigger team than we have. Voice recordings I would love & I'll fight hard for it, but given the amount of dialogue we have, it's going to be tough. We recorded 7 months non-stop for D:OS EE & that was after the game was done. If we're going to have to add that much time to D:OS 2's development, I might be undead myself by the time it's finished :)

Based on how D:OS went, D:OS2 EE publisher funded with full voice acting for consoles incoming to the surprise of no one.

Has it been made clear if Focus is involved in D:OS 2 already yet? Or is it just the usual nebulous investors.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Has it been made clear if Focus is involved in D:OS 2 already yet?

When I was talking to Swen during dinner, I described Focus as "your publisher." He corrected: "They're our publisher on the Enhanced Edition. That's all."

Not a clear answer of course, but possibly helpful.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Seems a strange decision to put this out before D:OS Enhanced hit the shelves. I want to see if they're even capable of recognizing and fixing multitude of original game fuckups, before I give them any more money.

As it is, its a no go.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
If you don't think DOS as it stands is worthy of trusting a sequel then no EE will change your mind.

These guys are maybe the best thing to come from kickstarter for CRPGs.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
A cRPG where I stopped bothering to read things 30 minutes into the game to prevent brain cancer, is not the best cRPG by any measure.

The only thing that game has going for itself was the combat, which was fucking glorious.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Says this is the theme for the game: "The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life. "

Is this some social justice crap? Did they elaborate on that anywhere?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
everything is social justice crap

it will also be social justice crap when i hit you over the head with the huegpenis

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Says this is the theme for the game: "The theme of Divinity: Original Sin 2 is how your origins affect who you are and what chances you get in life. "

Is this some social justice crap? Did they elaborate on that anywhere?

Did you not read the Codex article where they talk about the emphasis on being :inclusive:

The tutorial village has Witcher-style fantastic racism against dwarves. You will no doubt come across people prejudiced against elves, lizards, humans, and undead. Backgrounds may also be a factor.

Cnaiur

Augur
Swen on crack/cocaine/caffeine said:
You have no idea how much energy this gives us

People who are questioning the validation behind a second KS campaign can now safely rest and know that D:OS2 was already covered by it's predecessor's success. The additional million+ USD are just to cover Swen's bills with Seattle's local druglord.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom