Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It is, in the sense that there's "outer space" and suns and moons and shit and there's day and night although they last some more time.

How about a world that changes *gravity* instead of *luminosity* at different hours of the day. Or another where the speed of light is slower in the morning. Or everything tastes differently according to the hour of the day and the month.

Heck, you can go full stack progressive (or Ranma 1/2) and say that you change gender or sexual preference with the rotation of the planet.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
It's over $900.000~!
Phone me when the Undetto are in. Muh religious fundamentalism.

8675.jpg

Grokalibre

Augur
Don't exaggerate..just think of vampire/werewolf in D:OS 2 current, and vampire/werewolf with d&n schedules in. Think of thieving at night (Gothic II, pre-exp), of guard eyesight in the morning. Think of deeper plot possibilities, think of light spells at night, and shadow spells mechanics during daylight. Think modder modules, think landmass and setting-appropriate "themes" within its segments.
It is a big miss and you should know it. Understandably absent, ok, if they can't, they can't, but a miss nonetheless :)
I know the exemples you're giving are not something that can be added post pre-production because a stretchgoal has been reached.

himmy

Arcane
Not sure what people like about day/night cycles so much, I just find it annoying as fuck to find a store closed where I wanted to shop, a person sleeping to which I wanted to talk, to waste time waiting for some timed event to occur etc etc.

I feel the same, except I usually found myself having the coolest moments in Gothic (the most easily available daynight cycle RPG I can think of) during such interactions, forcing me to postpone a certain quest I was doing in favour of exploring the city outskirts or sneaking in people's houses or whatever other thing, which lead to a completely different part of the game. I absolutely loved it. Those annoying moments are blessings in disguise, if there is plenty to do.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I haven't been following this thread (forgot about it after it was moved away, I never read all those subforums).
I don't know, I'm not very enthusiastic about this. Everything that would be interesting is not there (day/night schedules, Editor support, ...). Sounds like a slamdunk sequel on the engine they already have, playing it safe and not really pushing the limits.
You don't have to always push the limits. Every Codex darling kickstarter is just the same old thing, but done very well (Wasteland, torment, Thumbleweed Park etc). We need good RPGs, whether they innovate or not. And competitive questing and 4 player coop is enough innovation compared to original.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some time ago they moved Avellone from the "stretch goals" section to the "game ideas" section of their uservoice thing. If they use him, he won't be a goal, just someone they'll hire.

Eh, not really. They even moved "Stretch Goal: PS Vita" there too: http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...deas/suggestions/9288237-stretch-goal-ps-vita

And a bunch of other stretch goals:
http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...ons/9291273-stretch-goal-alternative-ending-s
http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...stions/9290688-stretch-goals-for-translations
http://larian.uservoice.com/forums/...ideas/suggestions/9491094-stretch-goal-kojima :M

They seem to have moved a lot of things that aren't "pledge rewards" per se (there wasn't a "stretch goals" section) to the game ideas section.

Sjukob

Arcane
People , you should calm down about the amount of money backed . It will steadily rise up to 1.100.000 at least . Although I personally think that it will be slightly over 1.500.000 in the end , but it's really subjective .

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian Studios LLC just now
Jimmious: Those just happen to be the ones we can't do. NPC schedules & cycles would make what we're trying to do very hard and require a bigger team than we have. Voice recordings I would love & I'll fight hard for it, but given the amount of dialogue we have, it's going to be tough. We recorded 7 months non-stop for D:OS EE & that was after the game was done. If we're going to have to add that much time to D:OS 2's development, I might be undead myself by the time it's finished :)

:/

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Reminds me a little of an oscar or whatever prize ceremony where the winnar method acts "Surprise" and "Shock" when his name is called. What me? Really??? No way man!!!! Quit joking now i tell you!!! Well all right then, let me get my earlier prepared word of thanks (hi mom!) and lets get this party started.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
$15 RPGWatch bonus for the next 30 donators:

Every donation of at least $15 will be supported by RPGWatch with another $15 - so you can get the $30 game for just $15 (Funded by the Elder Spy).

Be strong and resist, brave Codexia.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I never trust what Larian Staff has to say, they don't really seem to be 'in sync' with the rest of their teams. Take whatever they say in the kickstarter comments with a grain of salt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom