Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No day/night cycles/schedules or Avellone Stretch Goal....... I am disappointed..... :rpgcodex:

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Polymorpher is actually the most interesting one, the rest have been overdone before.

No day/night cycles
What do you need those for again? DOS is not a "muh immersion" kind of game, everything is frozen in time.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Not terribly excited by these stretch goals, although undead race is OK

Also, lol at Sven hyper spazzing like a loon in that second vid. Methinks some recreational pharmaceuticals are in play right there. It might be just caffeine though, a good overdose of that will do that to you.

Another observation, the decline or maybe even ITZ apparently already hit the good ol US of A, how hard can it be to get/buy a functioning laptop.

And what about that mca stretchgoal sven.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Polymorpher is actually the most interesting one, the rest have been overdone before.

DC:SS, ToME, Pillars of Eternity, most D&D games with druids. It's been old hat for years.

JasonNH

Augur
Well, maybe he figures the journos at PAX Prime will go ask him about the game now and report on it later on. From my perspective, it's certainly more interesting than a third round of D:OS EE interviews and gameplay demos.

Legit point. They probably needed every day for the protoype not to launch it a week before.

Sjukob

Arcane
For the second skill tree you can vote for unarmed combatant , so we can chase lizards , tear away their tails and see if they will grow a new one .

Fry

Arcane
Another observation, the decline or maybe even ITZ apparently already hit the good ol US of A, how hard can it be to get/buy a functioning laptop.

Best Buy. Ugh. If you're shopping for PCs at a physical store, you've already failed.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
And to protest on the subforum debacle, I'll donate to the watch campaign instead.

There's a watch campaign as well?? Perhaps we could make it interesting.

MCA, meh. Not sure his writing style would fit with Larian's day-glo world. Perhaps he could join the Codex staff if he's really at a loose end.

Arulan

Cipher
Polymorpher and Bard, based on their description sound the most interesting. Alchemist could be great if they moved away from "let's turn sorcerer spells into potions", and gave it esoteric or unique qualities.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
There's a watch campaign as well?? Perhaps we could make it interesting.

Here's the Watch proposal:

I proposed to Swen that up to $300 donations we follow the tiers of the Kickstarter. As I don't see anything interesting between $300 and the $10K tier I pitched the idea to him that at $2500 we would get a picture drawn in the game with a number of donators on it. For every $500 more there would be one additional person in the picture. Something like Rembrandt's Nightwatch in Rivellon style.

Ours hasn't been officially announced yet, since we're waiting for confirmation that Larian is actually willing to do the sick things that we want them to do.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Any word on making a living world like Ultima? Sven always quotes Black Gate as a big inspiration, and you can see that in first Div Div, but OS never got NPC schedules and day/night cycle that was promised in Kickstarter, has he said owt about whether they're in 2?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Any word on making a living world like Ultima? Sven always quotes Black Gate as a big inspiration, and you can see that in first Div Div, but OS never got NPC schedules and day/night cycle that was promised in Kickstarter, has he said owt about whether they're in 2?

He didn't say a peep on those subjects when I was there.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Ours hasn't been officially announced yet, since we're waiting for confirmation that Larian is actually willing to do the sick things that we want them to do.

I was wondering why it was so quiet. Still, it didn't stop me contributing. I'll already have about three copies of the game - I just need more potato. Swen's a bro - I'm sure he'll bend over backwards for the Codex.

JasonNH

Augur

"we're not planning on having Night/Day cycles yet. It would be an awesome feature, but given the number of other awesome features that we want, it's very difficult. Right now we're focusing on things like improving combat, 4 player co-op, and a systemic, reactive world that we hope will blow your chainmail socks off!"

"Day/Night cycles and NPC Schedules aren't being looked at right now. We've looked at them in the past, and they're much more work than we'd envisioned, so right now we're trying to focus on other features. We're not in the business of saying "Never", but they're not in the base game or current stretch goals."

Neanderthal

Arcane
"we're not planning on having Night/Day cycles yet. It would be an awesome feature, but given the number of other awesome features that we want, it's very difficult. Right now we're focusing on things like improving combat, 4 player co-op, and a systemic, reactive world that we hope will blow your chainmail socks off!"

"Day/Night cycles and NPC Schedules aren't being looked at right now. We've looked at them in the past, and they're much more work than we'd envisioned, so right now we're trying to focus on other features. We're not in the business of saying "Never", but they're not in the base game or current stretch goals."

Oh bollocks, ah well guess it's to be expected, i'll go back to playing twenty year old U7 that had them. Still don't regret backing, looking good.

Cheers Jason.

Zeriel

Arcane
Not terribly excited by these stretch goals, although undead race is OK

Also, lol at Sven hyper spazzing like a loon in that second vid. Methinks some recreational pharmaceuticals are in play right there. It might be just caffeine though, a good overdose of that will do that to you.

And what about that mca stretchgoal sven.

It's actually a fairly common conundrum if you need a new (but good) computer and can't wait to order online/over the phone. Retail stores not only have been weeded out massively, but the few who remain only stock products for casuals. Trying to find enthusiast-grade parts in even specialty stores is a lost cause.

Anyone who's ever had a time-sensitive situation and had to go out and buy a new monitor or video card in the current retail climate knows this pain. You simply can't find anything actually good.

Divinity: Original Sin
Will they add weather options other than rain? Sandstorms, hurricanes... And the weather would affect combat mechanics.

The day/night cycle would be nice, no need for schedules.

One thing that annoyed me in d:os is that cyseal was awais in day light than you walk to the cemetery, suddenly it was a rainy night.

Let those be random now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom