Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
He was nowhere near this bad at Gamescom or in Ghent. I hope he's not heading for a crash.

imweasel

"Swen is on drugs because he is happy and enthusiastic."

Only on the fucking Codex. :roll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Swen is on drugs because he is happy and enthusiastic."

Only on the fucking Codex. :roll:
He probably is on some stimulant to deal with jetlag.

That stimulant could just be caffeine.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Their unwillingness to add a PayPal option made me pledge $60 to the Codex fundraiser.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
teenage masturbatory power fantasy

Hm19MpQ.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I thought that was a black guy in the background, but no, it's just an obese neckbeard with a jewfro.

Avellone's looking better than he was at Obsidian. Must be the reduction in stress.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Did you not read the Codex article where they talk about the emphasis on being :inclusive:

The tutorial village has Witcher-style fantastic racism against dwarves. You will no doubt come across people prejudiced against elves, lizards, humans, and undead. Backgrounds may also be a factor.
No, link?

SniperHF

Arcane
Confirming what we already knew:

Creator Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago
So on the day/night cycle (Swen here again) - what we're trying to do at the narrative & scripting level is really complicated and my head is too small to even contemplate adding yet another extra dimension of complexity to that. The impact of your origins combined with at higher level of freedom than the already insane amount D:OS gave together with the option of multiplayer = complex development, and until we tame all of that, we won't add an extra layer. Perhaps for a next game, but definitely not for this one.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Would be funny if that "next game" with day/night cycles was Dragon Commander 2.

Sjukob

Arcane
While people are busy discussing day/night cycle , I can only think about dialogues within party . Since developers said that romances will be , I already see a dwarf romancing an undead/lizard . I hope the dialogue scheme remains the same with player controlling characters from both sides, otherwise it's not fun .

Sjukob

Arcane
I would be against Oglaf-like romances in Divinity . They are decent for a goofy game , but for this time we are all serious and grounded . And aren't you interested in how Larian will handle romances by themselves ?

Sjukob

Arcane
I would like to see the game on PC , not sure why are they demonstrating it on console , probably trying to console gamers . So , now characters can ressurect themselves , seems logical as there is competition now . Well , now I understand why Larian is unsure about 4 characters party , but I still hope they will implement this .

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian KS posts:

Larian Studios LLC 29 minutes ago
Garod: No, you have it right, the hoodies won't be signed. The $350 tier comes with the signed collector's edition pack, but it's just the box that the rewards come in which will be signed. We hope you'll actually wear the hoodies!

@Grinsevent: The 1.5mil stretch goals are being kept under wraps for the moment. And we do have a plan of scheduled updates, but since the KS campaign has moved so much faster than we imagined, we ended up having to shuffle it around a lot. It's currently being editing, but we are working on more updates, which will give you a little more detail on the game and on the world that we're creating.

Paul Schleck: We're not currently saying what platforms D:OS 2 will launch on. Right now we are 100% focused on building a great game, and porting that to platforms outside of Windows will come later. While a lot of the foundations have been laid to have this on Mac, and other platforms, we'll be making changes to the engine as we develop, and we don't want to promise anything yet.

Larian Studios LLC 17 minutes ago
Garod We have spent a lot of time fleshing out a story that we're very excited to be telling. It's hard to tell the story of an 80-100 hour game in a paragraph though, so we can understand if the brief summary on the KS page hasn't grabbed you yet. (Yet!) We will be revealing more about the main story later, and will flesh it out a bit more, but rest assured that narrative is something that we're SUPER focused on right now. Larian tripled the size of their writing staff because we want to make sure we have the resources to tell an amazing story, and the new writers that we have (myself included) are very, very excited to follow through on that.

Also, I wouldn't downplay the importance of the individual characters and their motivations. That's something that will very much affect the main story on each play through. They're not necessarily separate from the plot, so you'll get quite a different experience of the main story depending on who you play. That's certainly our intention, anyway. It'll really add to the replay value of the game if you have several different characters whose eyes you can experience the world through.

Larian Studios LLC 8 minutes ago
@DartyDavy: I'm sorry, the update should have been clearer. It means that if you back any reward tier that is higher than (and therefore does not include) the $200 tier. So if you back a $200 tier you do not get bonus concept art, but if you back $300 or more, then you do. I hope that's clearer?

Garod: Yeah, but you have to remember that D:OS was under intense time pressure, and there was a lot that we weren't happy about with it. That's why the Enhanced Edition has made pretty sweeping changes to the story, and addresses quite a few of the frustrations that I know the team had with the game.

@Jimmmious: Well we are playing around with a lot of ideas like that. Characters on your team will definitely have personalities that clash, and some will absolutely want to work against you at some points in the game. And if you're playing with multiplayer, then it's SO much worse, because your friends can be sadistic monsters. (Well, mine can be...)

Larian Studios LLC 4 minutes ago
@Neonivek: One of the things that I'm very happy about with D:OS 2 is that it won't force you to play it any one way. If you want to do the right thing, no matter what character you're playing, then you absolutely can do, and your character will likely react and change due to your style of play (rather than you having to change the way you play based on decisions that we writers think your character would make). It's all about freedom, really. We want to make you feel like you're playing a Pen & Paper RPG on your computer. But with fewer dice rolls and interruptions when people lose their character sheet and have to make a new one... *Sigh*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom