Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I wouldn't have minded it so much if he actually took part in projects that fit his style of writing, instead of generic fantasy nr 500

Icewind Dale fit his style of writing.

So did Fallout, Planescape, Star Wars, modern day, and so on.

He's versatile is what I'm saying.

Sjukob

Arcane
I'm waiting to see how full retard Swen goes before deciding if I should back out my pledge altogether. I'm not giving him more money to make a pandering piece of shit game.
What are you not happy about ?

Sjukob

Arcane
You have to remind yourself where you are...
I know that codex shits on everything , but that was a question of pure interest . I like figuring out why people dislike something .

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
What are you not happy about ?

As far as changes to gameplay? None yet. I am still pledged.

I am more referring to his new found interest in being inclusive and taking advice from "FEMALE GURMERS" who have admitted they hated D:OS before even starting to explain why maybe women aren't backing his game.
Right now it's just Swen spouting cringe worthy shit but if it actually affects the direction of the game so he can pander out to SJW's, I'm out.

Sjukob

Arcane
I am more referring to his new found interest in being inclusive and taking advice from "FEMALE GURMERS" who have admitted they hated D:OS before even starting to explain why maybe women aren't backing his game.
Shit , that is like a hit in the groin . I am not very deep into the news in general and knowing this is not appealing at all . Sadly , looking at Swen I don't think he has the willpower to say "No" to them , or at least pretend that he's listening , but make everything how it should be done .

I am actually surprised that I don't see anyone complaining about lore . We know very little , but this
Lizards are proud: proud to form the world's eldest empire, the world's grandest culture
a big , bad , red sign for me . And when I know that they are listening to female gamers I am seriously worried about writting .

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shit , that is like a hit in the groin . I am not very deep into the news in general and knowing this is not appealing at all . Sadly , looking at Swen I don't think he has the willpower to say "No" to them , or at least pretend that he's listening , but make everything how it should be done .

I am actually surprised that I don't see anyone complaining about lore . We know very little , but this

a big , bad , red sign for me . And when I know that they are listening to female gamers I am seriously worried about writting .

:notsureifserious:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They were like that in Dragon Commander. I suppose they would be like that in D:OS:2

bonescraper

I was on the fence with this one, since the writing, tone and story in D:OS really ruined that game for me. But Swen's charisma and genuine excitement won me over. Also, i loved the undead concept art.

SniperHF

Arcane
I think there have been like 8 different questions about pets......

And now the stream died right as they were answering some questions.

Stream came back for like a minute, and crashed again as they were answering questions.

Last edited:

Stabbey

Learned
A quick summary of the answers to a lot of the questions which were asked.

• Will there be whips in the game? Swen likes they as a weapon choice, so maybe.
  • The editor will be the same as that for D:OS, but expanded and improved.
  • They will focus on release for PC first, they're making some changes to the engine and don't want to promise other platforms until they're sure it will work there.
  • No release for mobile platforms.
  • There was some production issue preventing you from using dual-shields, it wasn't just a silliness thing.
  • There will be a Spanish translation for D:OS 1 EE, it's still TBD for DOS2.
  • Will the game have pets? It doesn't right now, still TBD.
  • Will there be romances? There is some desire to do things on that front, they're prototyping things, but nothing is decided.
  • Will the EE come with all the bonus content? Yes.
  • There is no 4-player split-screen, only 2-players, the other two players will need a separate box/TV.
  • The Trait system will be improved, that's how some of the dialogue tags work in DOS2.
  • Will Bellegar come back? Dunno, Jan has to write a lot of poems for the postcards. (and no you can't get the post-cards as an add-on, they were deliberately tied to a limited tier for a reason.)
  • The Paypal payment option is almost ready.
  • They do have a system which will allow you to ambush-attack your partners, but it's not ready yet.
  • They don't have a render or sample of the Hoodie to show yet.
  • You can probably change skin tone for other races. I *think* they said you can't change body types because that's tied in with animations and such.
  • They are still undecided about who the new composer should be.
  • Will there be some version of the Lone Wolf Talent in DOS2? Swen thinks so.
  • In 4-player co-op will each player design their own characters or pick them from pre-sets (companions)? They're still working on that.
  • No fish weapon yet. Maybe, though.
  • The player housing is the Hall of Echoes stretch goal.
  • Will there be mixed races? The Undead will have you select your sub-race.
  • What are the penalties for dying? They're still working on that.
  • Will there be a UI button to make using the teleporter pyramids easier? Yes, probably.
  • Can you meet young Damien? No, this is just before Beyond Divinity, he's still stuck in Nemisis.
  • Will there be multiple ways to the next area? Yes, there will be ways to go separately or together.
  • Will you be able to return to previous zones? Sometimes yes, sometimes no, depending on the zone.
  • Chris Avellone won't be a stretch goal, the man is too stretched already
  • No Drow, they are copyrighted.
  • The crafting menu is improved, you can discover effects and use that to create recipes.
  • The action-point system is still in development
  • No bonus for transferring saves. The games are over 1200 years apart anyway.
  • The plan is for more towns to travel to than in D:OS (4), but you know what they say about plans..
  • Aleroth is planned to be one of the towns.
  • The D:OS 1 EE is about at the Gold Master stage.
  • Can we genocide all the cheese vendors? Yes.
  • What are the consequences of breaking pacts with your party members? He has a big design document, but he wants to hear from us for suggestions about that.
  • Will there be any way to speed up combat? Maybe. They're trying things, but it may not work out.
  • Will there be funny descriptions for your current stats, like what Divine Divinity had? Swen hopes to bring that back.
  • Will there be a Junk tag for items? Ways to send multiple items at once? It's on the list, but it won't be in the EE, maybe DOS2.
  • Can any two spells be combined? They're trying. There will also be "metamagic" spellbooks which can't be learned, only used for spellcrafting.
  • You will be able to craft warrior/ranger/rogue skills, not just magic skills

I can't wait for the Polymorph tree to get in so I can craft Charming Tentacles.

Saxon1974

Prophet
As far as changes to gameplay? None yet. I am still pledged.

Right now it's just Swen spouting cringe worthy shit but if it actually affects the direction of the game so he can pander out to SJW's, I'm out.
Was on the fence already but this tipped me into the not pledging category. His blog talks about needing to market to females more but I suspect that will also mean writing changes as well though they didn't say that. Yet.

Sjukob

Arcane
A shame nobody asked them about the option to create a full party ( 4 characters ) , I seriously hope that they will implement that .

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The plan is for more towns to travel to than in D:OS (4), but you know what they say about plans..

They're going to stretch themselves too thin again.

Stabbey

Learned
They didn't fuck up the archiving, they fucked up the stream. It actually dropped twice and they had to restart it, and twitch considers the restarts separate streams. It'll be on Youtube in a couple days.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
No Drow, they are copyrighted.
...huh? Not that I need--or even want--them in every fantasy work ever, but that sounds like a bullshit copout reason to me. Lolth obviously is trademarked and copyrighted to hell and back, but while I'm pretty sure the terms "Underdark" and "drow" are protected as well (at least the latter due to bureaucratic ignorance/incompetence), fiction is chock-full of dark elves, with most of them being very close to the D&D archetype, which is what people were obviously actually asking about/for.

Stabbey

Learned
Well, even if it is bullshit, it's not really like they need yet another race in the world, and I get the impression that they'd rather avoid the work another PC race would be (since that means new origins, new racial skills, lots of new dialogue tags and reactions).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom