Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pre-Release Thread

Discussion in 'Larian Studios' started by LESS T_T, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Stabbey Learned

Stabbey
    They didn't fuck up the archiving, they fucked up the stream. It actually dropped twice and they had to restart it, and twitch considers the restarts separate streams. It'll be on Youtube in a couple days.

^ Top  
  2. twincast Learned Patron In My Safe Space

twincast
    ...huh? Not that I need--or even want--them in every fantasy work ever, but that sounds like a bullshit copout reason to me. Lolth obviously is trademarked and copyrighted to hell and back, but while I'm pretty sure the terms "Underdark" and "drow" are protected as well (at least the latter due to bureaucratic ignorance/incompetence), fiction is chock-full of dark elves, with most of them being very close to the D&D archetype, which is what people were obviously actually asking about/for.

^ Top  
  3. Stabbey Learned

Stabbey
    Well, even if it is bullshit, it's not really like they need yet another race in the world, and I get the impression that they'd rather avoid the work another PC race would be (since that means new origins, new racial skills, lots of new dialogue tags and reactions).

^ Top  
  4. PhantasmaNL Arcane Patron

PhantasmaNL
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
    So no Avellone stretchgoal eh?:rpgcodex:

^ Top  
  5. twincast Learned Patron In My Safe Space

twincast
    Well, obviously. But being honest about it would be... preferable.

^ Top  
  6. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd

C'mon buzz, that's just shitty. You wouldn't steal a car would you?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd

Totally agree. Larian has a hard time staying in scope it seems. I think part of that lies on Swen's passion for games, but unfortunately it'll just result in another EE after D:OS 2 releases. Which is why I'm waiting 3 years before I buy both EEs in a bundle for 50% off...

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Possible romances. I hate that shit.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. a Goat Arcane

a Goat
    Beholders are also trademarked nowadays.

:negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    $1.35M Stretch Goal reached:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    It can't be any worse then promising a customized garrison for 200 000 and a second Athkatla sized city for 500

^ Top  
  12. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    They had roughly 30 people in total when they started on OS. Now they have over 90 and are still planning to hire more.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Anthedon Arcane Patron

Anthedon
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I hope they don't overplay their hand with the new studios and employees.

^ Top  
  14. agris Arcane Patron

agris
    By providing salaries for 60+ new people and setting up two satellite offices, it's pretty clear where all the proceeds from DOS went. They must also have loans and/or publisher funding. Maybe this KS really is key for the game's success- not financially, but in terms of justifying the total business cost Larian is taking on. They need to prove that they have the commensurate audience size to justify all the expense.

^ Top  
  15. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ... oh, yeah... romance stretch goal.... my enthusiasm is building.... :roll:

I beat you this time Infinibro... ;)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  16. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Sword Coast Legends - the hype is real. They even use a d20 with a similar color scheme as the SCL one :M

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Hah, Larian are copy-pasting Stabbey's summaries too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. PhantasmaNL Arcane Patron

PhantasmaNL
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
    noticed that too lol

also romance stretch goal...really?

(btw sven are you going all out inclusive on this one ? otherwise prep for the sjw onslaught)

maybe lowering my ks amount is in order

^ Top  
  19. LeStryfe79 President Spartacus Patron

LeStryfe79
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Romance options are clearly to allow tasteful rape among unsuspecting party members in the multiplayer mode. Rock, Paper, Scissors works especially well with the ladies in real life.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ArchAngel Arcane Sad Loser

ArchAngel
    Larian - hero of Codex --- going full pompamole!!

I will laugh my ass off when Beamdog is only grognard approved developer left....

^ Top  
  21. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    How can they talk about a Love & Hate stretch goal without this stretch goal.... HOW?!!

Avellone.jpg

I am so disappointed Larian....... :negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Bubbles I'm forever blowing

Self-Ejected
    Eh. We've known about the cover system for weeks, didn't seem to matter much.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Athelas Arcane

Athelas
    Would you hire someone who made awkward selfies of himself before selfies were even a thing?

^ Top  
  24. Fairfax Arcane

Fairfax
    :popamole:
    Show Spoiler
    :dgaider:

^ Top  
  25. PhantasmaNL Arcane Patron

PhantasmaNL
    Maybe the Codex fundraiser should be cancelled.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.