Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grokalibre

Augur
Larian announce an expended relationships stretchgoal and some people interprets it exclusively as "romances are in". Probably the same retards who claim BG2 was the best rpg ever.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Larian announce an expended relationships stretchgoal and some people interprets it exclusively as "romances are in". Probably the same retards who claim BG2 was the best rpg ever.
I'd like to say that you post is retarded, but that would be an insult to retards.

Shammy

Learned
Romances are completely fine if done well. But if done wrong... well, we all know how that can turn out. But I think the codex has such a kneejerk reaction to the word Romance that we won't even give Larian the benefit of the doubt and just see how it plays out :(

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The romance garbage should either be and option you can TURN OFF, or just an optional download.

This shit is not really giving me much optimism for this game, when any second of development time is wasted on this garbage and SHOULD be spent on the areas of the game the original severely lacked... :M

Yup.. And we already know the romances are gonna be pandering as fuck..

Amazing Dex Review said:
Watch: Yes. I don't know why. So why are you trying to put romantic elements in this game?

Sarah: Roleplay. A lot of... uhm... RPG players want to feel like they can, uhm... kind of... have a full experience. When you choose to play the role of somebody, what would that character do? Would that character have a certain feeling about a character in their party? Uhm... ...you kinda want... as many options as possible to be able to live out the story that you wanna build. Uhm... i think romance is, like, not necessarily a required part of it, but it depends on what kind of story you wanna build, what kind of character you wanna play, I think. And, uhm, I was surprised actually, but the desire for this is a lot stronger than I thought it was, the romantic options.

Uhm.. A lot of.. well.. people like them.. you kinda uh.. I dunno ask Swen...
AKA: Let's write fan fic levels of romance so we can pander to biotards who wanna know what Asari sweat tastes like.. Good God.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I look forward to making a main character who's the spouse of one of my starting team. :cool:

Fairfax

Arcane
With USD getting more expensive in my currency everyday (2 times what it was back when the first game had a KS) and the lackluster stretch goals, I'll just wait and see how much they make before I decide whether to pledge through PayPal or not. It definitely won't be as much as I would've paid otherwise.
They should hire MCA specifically to write the romances. :M
Speaking of which, their response to the MCA stretch goal rubs me the wrong way as well. MCA said publicly that he was up for it "stretch goal or not", and he was a stretch BT4 that wasn't reached, so he was available.
Interestingly, that had basically the same number of votes as romances.

Fry

Arcane
Speaking of which, their response to the MCA stretch goal rubs me the wrong way as well. MCA said publicly that he was up for it "stretch goal or not", and he was a stretch BT4 that wasn't reached, so he was available. Interestingly, that had basically the same number of votes as romances.

I think Avellone has a hard time saying no, even when he should. He has yet to deliver on several writing projects he's supposed to have completed for previous games. If Swen says MCA can't put in the time required, he's probably right.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Where did this desperate need for romances in every bastard game come from? I mean they're always teenage angst and fucking squee fodder for Twilight readers, almost every other form of interaction with companions is better, whether learning about Zerthimon from Da'akon or listening to Iolo tell of all that has happened in your absence from Britannia. I mean I don't mind em but there's a frantic need from the squeers to implement this shit in place of actual useful content.

Fuck me why don't the freaks just go to a club and get fucking laid?

Arkeus

Arcane
I think Avellone has a hard time saying no, even when he should. He has yet to deliver on several writing projects he's supposed to have completed for previous games. If Swen says MCA can't put in the time required, he's probably right.
To be honest, there is also the possibility that they are taking MCA in without a stretchgoal as they didn't want him as one.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Where did this desperate need for romances in every bastard game come from? I mean they're always teenage angst and fucking squee fodder for Twilight readers, almost every other form of interaction with companions is better, whether learning about Zerthimon from Da'akon or listening to Iolo tell of all that has happened in your absence from Britannia. I mean I don't mind em but there's a frantic need from the squeers to implement this shit in place of actual useful content.

Fuck me why don't the freaks just go to a club and get fucking laid?
Well, speaking for the minority here, a lot of people can't get laid. They may be eunuchs (i.e. castrated), asexual, medically sexually repressed, chronically depressed and thus sexually repressed, or just sexually repressed.

Some of these people find enjoyment in being able to experience things in games that they can't in real life, like a relationship or something similar.

Mustawd

Well, speaking for the minority here, a lot of people can't get laid. They may be eunuchs (i.e. castrated), asexual, medically sexually repressed, chronically depressed and thus sexually repressed, or just sexually repressed.

Some of these people find enjoyment in being able to experience things in games that they can't in real life, like a relationship or something similar.

Get off my lawn

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
The problem with in-game romances of Bioware type is that some people can't get laid which forces them to escape into romances with further demolish their chances of getting laid. I mean who the fuck would want to sleep with someone who found Bioware writing fap-worthy.

Fairfax

Arcane
It's fair that they wouldn't want a new writer who couldn't put in the time they wanted, but then that should've been the response. Also, I'm not speculating about behind-the-scenes stuff here, MCA tweeted "look, I'm up for it, stretch goal or not", it's there for everyone to see, then Larian says he's busy, stretched, or whatever. I know who I believe, though.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Still waiting for a game to do "romance" properly and cut to some quality live-action FMV on "completion". Maybe Larian will be the ones to finally deliver. They already have high quality talent just hanging around the office:

DSC_5445.jpeg

You were expecting someone else?

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Still waiting for a game to do "romance" properly and cut to some quality live-action FMV on "completion". Maybe Larian will be the ones to finally deliver. They already have high quality talent just hanging around the office:

DSC_5445.jpeg

You were expecting someone else?
This was already done in the game 'Phantasmagoria', though it wasn't romance, per-se.

SniperHF

Arcane
If the relationships system goal is unlocked, that means the mod support goal was also unlocked. So maybe someone would be able to remove them if they are awful.

It would be BEYONE AWESOME if MCA was working with Swen on ULTIMATE RPG™.

MOTHEROFGOD.jpg

I'd bet that Swen takes a stab at that Ultimate RPG in the event both D:OS 2 and whatever the hell the second project is are big hits. If only one or the other are probably not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom