Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fairfax

Arcane
Are they taking PayPal pledges into account? Because if they do I'm fairly certain we'll reach that goal. I would've liked DM mode more, but eeeh. The best "romance" that wasn't creepy/weird I can think of is the one with Visas Marr. I don't know if Chris wrote that.
Yes:

We’re currently at $9885 raised through PayPal, and while these totals don’t show up on our Kickstarter page, they will ultimately go toward any stretch goals on the last horizon

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are they taking PayPal pledges into account? Because if they do I'm fairly certain we'll reach that goal. I would've liked DM mode more, but eeeh. The best "romance" that wasn't creepy/weird I can think of is the one with Visas Marr. I don't know if Chris wrote that.

I have no idea. So they seem to. I'd rather they didn't reach it, but if they do... better make it something that might actually provide some at least semi-interesting gameplay and narrative considerations.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I somehow think people would be throwing money at their screens if DM mode was after dedicated mod support.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
MCA is joining the writer team ?!? WTF man!
(Also dat room)

b191f5a0-f5a8-0132-f112-0ed54733f8f5.gif

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I somehow think people would be throwing money at their screens if DM mode was after dedicated mod support.
Codex people, probably yes, but the reality is that romances are more important to more people following the game (I say this based mainly on the Uservoice thing).

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'm picturing him going into dominator-mode after reading the others' work and whipping all of them into his subservient slaves, so they'd write something decent under his command.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm going to repeat myself:
The Codex backs out on funding Incline :lol:

So, Chris Avellone has left Obsidian?

:bounce:

The only sad news, kiddies, is that this is actually good news.

BTW: If I had a PoE box signed by Avellone, I would feel really shitty right now, knowing what he must have known when drawing the trolls on it. The irony of life.

On a sidenote, that writer girl is obviously very beautiful, but what is she doing in a hotel room with Swen?

Fry

Arcane
So, before Avellone it was "too many cooks in the kitchen". With Avellone, it's suddenly a new game?

Once again... he's not lead on the project, kids. He won't be able to fundamentally change the story. Get your hands off your dicks and take a breath.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, before Avellone it was "too many cooks in the kitchen". With Avellone, it's suddenly a new game?

Once again... he's not lead on the project, kids. He won't be able to fundamentally change the story. Get your hands off your dicks and take a breath.
I think you're taking someone's post out of context.

Raze

Larian Studios
Developer
Why was she hired? What games has she previously worked on?

She started off doing some freelance work on Dragon Commander, with the manual (may have stared with tooltips or tutorials, etc) and that evolved into a full time position. She gave an interview some time ago where she talked about that, but I can't find it in a quick search.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
The watch is doubling all fundraiser pledges, including benefits.

Game half price.

Until we reach $10K, we will double each and every donation made. If your donation brings us over $10K, you only get the extra part needed to reach $10K, so you better donate early to have a maximum benefit. This means you can get the game for the really low value of $12.50 and the $100 tier is available for $50 and yes, the $1000 tier is available for $500 (well actual $507.50 as you need to add half of the shipping cost).

Make sure to say thanks to HiddenX for making this possible.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Guise I may commit maximum betrayal and gib money for half price hoodie to the watch.

Would you judge me?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope they label which origin(s) Avellone writes.

They're also likely not going to be too much longer than ToEE's vignettes. Maximum trolling: "play a ten-to-fifteen minute Chris Avellone origin."

Lacrymas

Arcane
I think (hope) that origins will be somewhat more than that. Like each origin has a major side quest associated with it and it gets explored and expanded throughout the game. However, I did speculate that origins will just be gimmicks over at the Larian forums :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom