Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
So there was this thread at SotA forum early this year: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/is-ea-working-on-a-new-ultima-game.20077/

enderandrew said:
I heard a rumor that Larian was turned down initially for the Ultima franchise, but after some people named Divinity: Original Sin Game of the Year that EA was rethinking giving them the Ultima license.

It's the same guy who asked that AMA question. And he has an ancient Codex account.

Unwanted

a Goat

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Edgy Vatnik

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, somebody should PM him on Reddit and ask him where he heard it.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sometimes (like earlier today!), we can have 5 writers all working on the same paragraph at the same time, fine-tuning it to perfection.

That doesn't sound all that great. :/

I'm sure Sensuki can tell you all about his thoughts on "too many cooks."

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
That doesn't sound all that great. :/

I'm sure Sensuki can tell you all about his thoughts on "too many cooks."

I literally cringed when I read that (the 5 people on the same paragraph thing). Too many creative minds in one place historically has been proven to "spoil the broth". At the top of my head - Boris Godunov, the opera by Mussorgsky. He died before completing the orchestration and some parts, so Rimsky-Korsakov and *friends* decided they could do better and re-orchestrated the whole thing, but also removed some parts and added others. After that, Shostakovich decided he could do EVEN BETTER and re-orchestrated the whole thing *again* and removed and added other stuff etc. The final product is a jumbled mess of ideas and incoherent plot, with the style of music and orchestration varying wildly from moment to moment. Suffice it to say it's a mess ;p

I can't imagine how working creatively with 5 people would be like. I really don't understand their creative process and how they think the narrative structure and style of the writing. I suppose if they write the *whole* thing together they could form a consistent aesthetic and form, but it would shine through that it was design-by-committee writing. I'm saying this because they themselves have said they wanted a more serious and grounded narrative. That means they have to take into account everything that a serious and grounded narrative entails. It isn't about "grimdarkness".

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
chrisawesomesauce_by_nekot_the_brave-d9atr8q.png

:swen::mca:

Arkeus

Arcane
So, as I theorised previously they decided that MCa really shouldn't be tied to a stretchgoal but be properly invited in the team. Good.

JAG

Novice
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I actually wish they would've given him a little more scope, but considering it will be their first time working together, I suppose it makes sense. Hopefully it works out and the level of involvement can grow in the future.

Fairfax

Arcane
Oh well, just when I thought I wouldn't upgrade my pledge, they pull me back in.. too bad my currency is worth shit at the moment (also devalued another 15% just during the campaign so far) and a good tier would make me bankrupt.
Didn't see this one coming anymore, at least not this way. It's a really odd way to introduce him. I guess it's their way to make sure there's a final push in the last days? It would've had the same effect as a stretch goal, though.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If the kickstarter reaches that goal, Chris should write (and design?) the relationship stuff. Perhaps he can turn that into something unexpected and uncoventional, and maybe even something interesting.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If the kickstarter reaches that goal, Chris should write (and design?) the relationship stuff. Perhaps he can turn that into something unexpected and uncoventional, and maybe even something interesting.

Are they taking PayPal pledges into account? Because if they do I'm fairly certain we'll reach that goal. I would've liked DM mode more, but eeeh. The best "romance" that wasn't creepy/weird I can think of is the one with Visas Marr. I don't know if Chris wrote that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom