Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I'm pretty sure the term "origin" includes the character-specific quests you receive during the game, like the turncoat mission for the thief or the heiress stuff for the noblewoman in the prototype.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I think (hope) that origins will be somewhat more than that. Like each origin has a major side quest associated with it and it gets explored and expanded throughout the game. However, I did speculate that origins will just be gimmicks over at the Larian forums :p
I suspect that origins will define how you as a PC will experience the game, such as how people react to you and what kinds of things you encounter in the environment/cities/etc.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm pretty sure the term "origin" includes the character-specific quests you receive during the game, like the turncoat mission for the thief or the heiress stuff for the noblewoman in the prototype.
Extremely ToEE.

Avellone said he was stretched thin, I doubt he'll be writing more than an hour of content. (more than likely much less) :)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He also does have quite a lot of time. What is he stretched thin on, exactly? The writing on Torment should be done by now and he said that the PoE novel is ready and is at the editor at the moment. Wasteland 2 novel maybe?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
And the Arcanum playthrough. If he has any free time whatsoever, he should spend it on that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He also does have quite a lot of time. What is he stretched thin on, exactly? The writing on Torment should be done by now and he said that the PoE novel is ready and is at the editor at the moment. Wasteland 2 novel maybe?
Yeah, the first draft of the Wasteland 2 novel was terrible.

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/647217416905228288

If I'm reading that right, now it's four+ short stories and the novel itself.

Plus a Torment comic.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The Arcanum playthrough? I had totally forgotten about that. Didn't he start it like almost 3 years ago? I would've thought he was finished with that by now.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The Arcanum playthrough? I had totally forgotten about that. Didn't he start it like almost 3 years ago? I would've thought he was finished with that by now.

gBqkE3p.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
MCA effect: $32,315 raised on Kickstarter today + ~$2200 from the RPGCodex campaign + unknown PayPal pledges.

At ~$35k it's the best day since September 2nd.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Then how do you know it was terrible?

The fact that they told him "Hey you need to split the introduction into four or more separate short stories and write a new beginning."

It's not out of the ordinary; it's extremely unlikely for one to write a masterpiece with a first draft, especially one's first novel. That it started up as a novella, turned into a novel, and now a novel plus four+ short stories is just lol though. That's so Chris.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did anyone use DM mode in VtM Redemption like ever?

Yes! And it wasn't that limited, there were lots of mods, custom maps, etc. back in the won.net days. We used to have sessions with 8-10 players every other night.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Yes! And it wasn't that limited, there were lots of mods, custom maps, etc. back in the won.net days. We used to have sessions with 8-10 players every other night.

I might be misremembering, it was a very long time ago :p I remember people having some criticism for it though, and that's why it didn't catch on more.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom