Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter Update #51: Alpha Released!

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Divinity: Original Sin; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke

Today's Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter update reports that, as planned, the game's alpha has been released to backers. In the update and its accompanying video, Swen makes sure that everybody knows just how raw the game still is:

Before you rush in and get your alpha code, please watch/read the following messages. We know, you most likely won't, but still, there's some important stuff in here. The most important thing is:

If you want a a smooth, balanced & stable experience without performance problems, wait for release! Seriously!

What is in the Alpha?

About 10 to 15 hours of gameplay.

What's not in the Alpha?

Quite a lot. Currently co-operative mode is disabled, as are the companions. We're still working on getting schedules in, so those are not in either. Sound & music are still very much work in progress too. Further, there's a very long list of features that are not 100% working yet, or just not in yet. This really is alpha, with plenty of stuff unfinished.

What are the known issues?

Too many to list - we made a short summary for you but really, there's a lot of things that still need to be done.

How can I help?

We are testing the game ourselves so there's no need for sending us reports on bugs that are obvious. But we are very interested in those that are not so obvious. What makes a non- obvious bug? Well, something you don't see immediately, something that requires you to do a certain amount of things to trigger it.

You'll know it when you see it :)

If the game crashes, we would appreciate it if you could send us your crash report. It helps us locate the problem.

When can I expect an update to the Alpha?

We might still do a few emergency patches in the coming days, but then we're taking our X-mas break. The next big update is scheduled for January and will be a feature/balance update. Most likely, big feature candidates to be included then are companions and cooperative play.

We'll keep you posted.
    Kickstarter backers can grab their Steam key over at the Larian Vault. If you pledged for the game through the Codex fundraiser but not on Kickstarter, then don't worry - you'll be taken care of. Ah, such a good time to be an RPG fan!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  2. IDtenT Contact me for a good time Patron

IDtenT
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Is that a threat? [Threat]

^ Top  
  3. Seerix Arbiter

Seerix
    They definitely learned from Wasteland 2 Beta drama. :salute:

^ Top  
  4. AstroZombie Arcane

AstroZombie
    Well, for one, they've correctly labeled the game as an Alpha. Beta means it's feature-complete damn it! /asperger's

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. M0RBUS Augur

M0RBUS
    Beta doesn't mean shit. You label it as you damn well like.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    ^ Top  
  6. Black Arcane

Black
    Yeah, alpha, beta, bottom line is, it ain't finished.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. mikaelis Prophet Patron

mikaelis
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014
    Yeah, the bottom line is, when you openly announce alpha, beta, gamma or even delta it should be somewhere close till the end. This has nothing to do with Original Sin (they plan to have 1.0 version within 3-6 months), but I started to hate those indies that make this process a fucking life-time experience (v. 0.501, 0.502, 0.503 ............ )

^ Top  
  8. Galaad Novice Patron

Galaad
    Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
    Finally! btw has Volrath written anything on his day at Larian? I may have missed it...not that it matters since I guess I'll be able to try it for myself soon enough.

Simple curiosity, when does one get out of the whatever mode noobs like myself have to go through when posting on Codex? ( By that I mean the "waiting for moderator approval mode" )

^ Top  
  9. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    any eta? coz i wants it nao...

^ Top  
  10. Galaad Novice Patron

Galaad
    Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
    In Another thread Angothron mentionned he'd be sending out the keys tomorrow I believe.

^ Top  
  11. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    As Galaad mentions above, Angthoron will take care of that tomorrow.

Larian have only given us 50 keys so far though. Dunno how many they're willing to give us in total, so if you're not close to the top 50 donors...

^ Top  
  12. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    suckage. i was hoping everyone that gets a copy from the codexian kickstarter would get in, but that would be 120 keys.

^ Top  
  13. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I hoped so too, and still keep hoping to some extent, but I just can't say for sure at this point. Initially they did tell me they should be able to give keys to all 120 ppl, but who knows what may have changed since.

^ Top  
  14. Black Arcane

Black
    YOU'LL BE TAKEN CARE OF ONCE ROGUEY IS FINISHED WITH HER CLIENTS, GOD

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    What? Noooooo... I don't have the time for this!

^ Top  
  16. Gragt Arcane Patron

Gragt
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
    And I don't have a machine to play this.

^ Top  
  17. Crooked Bee (no longer) a wide-wandering bee Patron

Crooked Bee
    • Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  18. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    :love:

^ Top  
  19. stony3k Augur Patron

stony3k
    ^ Top  
  20. CSM Cipher Patron

CSM
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    "All off those who backed?" Even the shameful under €20 amounts?

^ Top  
  21. turbo elephant Arbiter

turbo elephant
    TPB hits on keyword "divinity" are just sad (yes even Dragon Commander is listed under that search, at the top), I hope they fare better with this game. 15 euro on Steam Christmas Sale 2014 then I might grab it (too lazy for alpha/beta testing).

^ Top  
  22. Lady Error █▓▒░ ░▒▓█ Patron

Lady Error
    Nothing shameful about €20.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    AFAIK Dragon Commander did better sales than they were expecting.

Pirated copies don't necessarily come out of the pool of people who were going to buy your game, after all.

^ Top  
  24. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Man, not only do I not remember backing this but I seriously didn't think I'd get one because of the 'dex.

:love:

Can't wait to take a peek after work!

^ Top  
  25. warmonger3 Scholar Patron

warmonger3
    Thanks for taking care of us. :thumbsup:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.