Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
Can a group of 6 players still use a summon spell? As in, if you use a summon in combat, you would now have 7 players.

I think we should change that UI. If you summon an elemental, it just sits as a smaller portrait next to yours or something like that. Food for discussion.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Can a group of 6 players still use a summon spell? As in, if you use a summon in combat, you would now have 7 players.

I think we should change that UI. If you summon an elemental, it just sits as a smaller portrait next to yours or something like that. Food for discussion.
Good idea :)

What if you have a henchman will it be the same in that case? Maybe you can make the UI for the characters abit smaller (or maybe allow one to scale it?)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech

Yeah, them showing up as a character on the left side of the screen seems unnecessary, it's not like you will be needing to check their inventory etc...

Kitako

Arcane
The UI should definitely be scalable(if it isn't already). It takes up way too much space.
I think in the first videos at start of the campaign the UI looked a lot smaller. I don't think they manually resized it, it just look like all the youtube preview were made a lower resolution (and so, bigger UI) for the sake of video recording.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Where did you actually get the whole "six players in custom modules" part?
The engine supports up to 5 players connecting to another game => 6 players. Our campaign is 1 host + 1 friend joining, but modders can make a 6 player mod. I'll have to check on the exact number, could be 4 max, but I do believe it was 6.
But how many characters it can support? is there a hard limit, or we can have 6 players, each with one henchmen and one elemental, up to 18 people attacking stuff? Or perhaps even further...

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Forktong, can we get any kind of confirmation on whether you'll have an optional WASD\keyboard movement for the non-combat portions?

BobtheTree

Savant
WASD controls are only good for games where your perspective of your character remains fixed (first person or over the shoulder views). When the direction the player character is facing is independent of the camera, it's almost always terrible.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Finally the codex doing it's job; bitching about features that will likely not be included.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Why do people want massive party sizes like 18 or w/e

This is a top down turn based game with a grid and movement. Are you people even thinking about how long it would take to manage a party of that size and watch them all move around the map 1 by 1?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Why do people want massive party sizes like 18 or w/e

This is a top down turn based game with a grid and movement. Are you people even thinking about how long it would take to manage a party of that size and watch them all move around the map 1 by 1?

Who is suggesting a party size of 18? I didn't see that.

A party of 6 however (in user made mods) would be fine, and hopefully the ability to summon if possible. That might drag combat out but it would be worth trying out. Gold Box have 6 party characters and they worked just fine IMHO. Plus I'm going to try a FRUA mod with this engine and see how it goes.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This game could do a Lords of midnight remake with unlimited 'parties', moving things into the realm of strategy.
(though, tbh it would probably need at least all four cardinal directions fixed cameras, not only a 'north' pointing one). And a bit of abstraction of battles (say, only a skirmish inside the larger battle represented around the leader, with a minimap representing the larger armies and strategic movement).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom