Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Swen is a :bro:

:love:

Also smart long-term business decision. The amount of people demanding refunds will be a small percentage... they wouldn't fucking pay extra 50$ for alpha access otherwise. This buys them a lot more goodwill from the low tier backers, and the butt-hurt is minimized. Also, steam early access post beta.

hiver

Is this really for everyone or just for those that pledged for Alpha and Beta previously?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:bounce: More videos for me.

The alpha delay is really troubling though. They have two months to make a gold master and they're not even in alpha yet? :bounce: again

poetic codex

Augur
I am dissapoint.

I get it. Game development is hard to predict. However, these guys are part of the kickstarter trailblazers and so they get the privilege of setting the trend. And they are not setting a good trend so far. Double Fine, inXile and now Larian haven't been able to live up to their deadlines. It's just lowering expectations and encouraging bad habits. Now these kickstarter game developers are going to feel like they can get away with anything. Once again, I know that game development is hard to predict. I'm NOT complaining about that. All I'm saying is that these guys are setting bad habits for the future and encouraging lowering of standards for future kickstarter game development. During their kickstarter campaigns, these developers persuaded us with their rhetoric. They said all kinds of things. This was going to be a revolution. Down with publishers ! The future of game development ! Power to the people! etc. etc. At least with publishers (who i'm not a fan of) there was someone holding a whip at their backs to keep things under control.

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game will be delayed obviously.
Yes, as already mentioned, Swen might want to go the Steam Early Access route to generate some additional revenue and finance the delay. Hence the decision to allow all backers into alpha and beta, and the offering of refunds for butthurt people.

imweasel

Great update. Swen proves his broness once again.

I backed at a higher tier myself, and I think it is great that we will all get alpha/beta access. No butthurt from me.
I don't want a refund Swen, you can keep the extra cash for now. I'll spend it on the DLC when it's released. :lol:
Also, Dodger :M
HEEEEY GUYS! It's.... Coffee Time! :3

imweasel

The game will be delayed obviously.
Yes, as already mentioned, Swen might want to go the Steam Early Access route to generate some additional revenue and finance the delay. Hence the decision to allow all backers into alpha and beta, and the offering of refunds for butthurt people.
And they can take advantage of the extremely cheap "quality assurance". It's a win-win situation for Larian.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
He's a TotalBiscuit associate, I think, along with that Dodger girl and some other people.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If i had pledged for beta i would not ask for a refund. Also i cant wait to play this.
I dont care at all about the delay. I would rather have them delay it and make it good / better then to have them rush it out.

I dont see why anyone should be upset about the delay or that they are giving out the beta.

While im here...

How do the rewards work?
For example: Message in a bottle and so on. Do anyone know if they have made a post explaining this?

Martius

Liturgist
Crap, why do they need Jesse? No offence but his "think diablo but much better" is as just stupid as Angry Joe comparing this game to Diablo and Torchlight. Hey, I have great idea! Next update needs Angry Joe!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I am dissapoint.

I get it. Game development is hard to predict. However, these guys are part of the kickstarter trailblazers and so they get the privilege of setting the trend. And they are not setting a good trend so far. Double Fine, inXile and now Larian haven't been able to live up to their deadlines. It's just lowering expectations and encouraging bad habits. Now these kickstarter game developers are going to feel like they can get away with anything. Once again, I know that game development is hard to predict. I'm NOT complaining about that. All I'm saying is that these guys are setting bad habits for the future and encouraging lowering of standards for future kickstarter game development. During their kickstarter campaigns, these developers persuaded us with their rhetoric. They said all kinds of things. This was going to be a revolution. Down with publishers ! The future of game development ! Power to the people! etc. etc. At least with publishers (who i'm not a fan of) there was someone holding a whip at their backs to keep things under control.
What trend are they setting? That you only release a game, when it is finished and really ready? That's a fucking good trand to set. More power to them.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
He's a TotalBiscuit associate, I think, along with that Dodger girl and some other people.
XfHyd.png

DeepOcean

Arcane
Crap, why do they need Jesse? No offence but his "think diablo but much better" is as just stupid as Angry Joe comparing this game to Diablo and Torchlight. Hey, I have great idea! Next update needs Angry Joe!
Their audience isn't exactly made by Isometric TB RPG fans and they were trying to sell the idea to them. They probably don't know the old PC CRPG tradition but it was pretty clear that the game wasn't a loot whore fest.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Next update needs Angry Joe!
Swen embraces the internet celebrities-reviewers wholeheartedly, so even if Angry Joe does not appear in person, he is bound to defile D:OS sooner or later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom