Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

Stabwound

Arcane
So I guess this isn't coming out any time soon? Oh well.

Next update needs Angry Joe!
Swen embraces the internet celebrities-reviewers wholeheartedly, so even if Angry Joe does not appear in person, he is bound to defile D:OS sooner or later.

The man obviously knows good marketing and business. I have nothing against them trying to sell their game as best as they can. They may even make some new nextgen TB fans in the process. ;)

Martius

Liturgist
Their audience isn't exactly made by Isometric TB RPG fans and they were trying to sell the idea to them. They probably don't know the old PC CRPG tradition but it was pretty clear that the game wasn't a loot whore fest.
I guess you have right, more money wont hurt. I am just not sure about last thing, after beta is out we may see people complaining that his game is not so awesome like Diablo 3.

Stabbey

Learned
Here's the reason for the delay, from the Kickstarter page's comment section:

Larian said:
There is no big issue other than us needing a bit more time. What we're doing now is pretty much cleaning up, debugging, balancing things a bit and inserting some features like a main menu, graphic options and even a mini-map. It's stuff that we've been postponing until the end because we didn't need it for development purposes, but now that we're nearing the end and we want to let you play it, we just have to add all of those things. They are not a lot of work, but they take some time. Anyway, you'll be able to judge yourselves soon enough.

It could be that most of the content is already done and the next two or so months will be polishing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And don't forget guys that thanks to the succesfull kickstarter, they had to implement a whole new schedule system, and the had to expand the character system. It is quite a lot of work.

Arkeus

Arcane

Podcast about the game.

EDIT: Huh, they actually look like they genuinely liked it. Sorta begins around 8 minutes in.

Last edited:

:Flash:

Arcane
Crap, why do they need Jesse? No offence but his "think diablo but much better" is as just stupid as Angry Joe comparing this game to Diablo and Torchlight. Hey, I have great idea! Next update needs Angry Joe!

Well, if "like an RPG, only much worse" is an accurate Description, then "like diablo, but much better" should be an accurate description of D:OS.

The popamolers don't have another reference point, they never played Ultima VII. And if we want the incline to happen (and have an effect beyond 2014), then we need all the popamole converts we can get.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Oh god... ForkTong , please don't listen to these feedback as THE TRUTH!!!111... I we just learned that Daedalic nerfed the dificulty in Blackguards to please "press people", and it was the dumbest thing they could ever do...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
lowered difficulty on a TB game will elicit rage

tide comes in, tide comes out

imweasel

I don't undertand that, small women are the best.
Dodger has a message for those who don't think she is hot:

7Pgyppb.gif

DeepOcean

Arcane
Erm I don't think therewas anything in thad podcast indicating that those youtubers would like Larian to ease the difficulty. I believe you misunderstood felipepepe, Black_Willow.
The only thing they wanted was a map and some general indications to where to go and they mentioned a hard fight but more because they were amused with the alternative solution than really complaining about the difficulty.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I was talking about the dumb suggestion of marking places of interest on your map once you discover an area.

Actually that can be pretty smart, depending on how it will be executed. After all, the world and knowledge about it should not exist in a void - surely places of interest ought to be familiar to the locals, and by extension to the PCs once they properly investigate and question people around.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Erm I don't think therewas anything in thad podcast indicating that those youtubers would like Larian to ease the difficulty. I believe you misunderstood felipepepe, Black_Willow.
It's you that misunderstood me. DAEDALIC changed the difficulty of their game just because "press members" said it was frustratingly hard. What I'm saying is that Larian shouldn't take these popamoles opinions as "best feedback ever" and make big changes based on what they say.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Actually that can be pretty smart, depending on how it will be executed. After all, the world and knowledge about it should not exist in a void - surely places of interest ought to be familiar to the locals, and by extension to the PCs once they properly investigate and question people around.

Their suggestion was that the game would automatically mark PoI in your map as soon as you've discovered an area, no extra effort required. The way you've described it is a lot better and it'd be something I wouldn't mind seeing in the game.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
flashbacks to avernum...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom